PDA

View Full Version : New Halo 3 maps next month

DisturbedShifty
03-19-2008, 05:03 AM
They drop on April 13th, including the remake of Sidewinder.

Go here (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13382) for more info.

GridIronKing34
03-19-2008, 08:43 AM
I still have to buy the "new maps" and I still don't think I will.

Greatness920
03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
i guess there trying to keep up with cod4 hmm?

DisturbedShifty
03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I will address both issues.

Grid Iron: The first map pack should become free after the new ones are released.

Greatness: I think you have that backwards. I play COD4 as well, just on the PS3. But COD4 is just now releasing it's for map pack, where as Halo 3 is releasing it's second. Just got done releasing patches for their game so that it has featrues that it should have had right out of the gate, host migration being the biggest one. While COD4 is great online, Bungie has been at it a lot longer and quite frankly have a better online match making system than ANY other online shooter (Console) out there.

UltraDol-Fan
03-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I disagree with the best matchmaking comment. They have the best matchmaking if you want to play slayer only. What if I want to play a CTF game? Can I? nope, I have to go pray that I don't end up getting some lame VIP game or Territories game.

DisturbedShifty
03-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Well that is true to a point Dol-Fan. But there is alwasy the custom games option as well.
But still, if you want a server that has very little lag Bungie's matchmaking system still tops all of them. Dont get me wrong I would like to see them add hoppers for certain types of game types, that would be great. Hell they did that this past week with a Griffball only hopper.

UltraDol-Fan
03-19-2008, 05:39 PM
if they made custom games searchable they would be the best matchmaking hands down. My problem is everyone on my friends list likes slayer. that's the main reason I switched over the CoD4, but when these new maps come out I plan on picking up the old ones for free and then paying for these to catch back up.