PDA

View Full Version : Vaccine Failure Means Setback in AIDS Fight

Celtkin
03-21-2008, 08:49 AM
The two-decade search for an AIDS vaccine is in crisis after two field tests of the most promising contender not only did not protect people from the virus but may actually have put them at increased risk of becoming infected, The Washington Post reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340212,00.html

ATL-DOLFAN
03-21-2008, 11:32 PM
This is too bad, they had real hope for this vax when it was designed. I think it will be really difficult to make a vax for HIV considering the reverse transcriptase and it complexities and quite frankly just how cool and elusive the virus is. The fact that one patient can have several genotypes is rather remarkable in itself.

ATL-DOLFAN
03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
BTW, thanks for all your work on this site. I read FFIC's post.

It sucks you won't be around here anymore, but its business.

Good luck in the future, and let us know if you start a new site.

Thanks again

Miamian
03-22-2008, 01:56 PM
What??? You're leaving Malcolm???

Why?

ATL-DOLFAN
03-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, there was a thread on the main dolphins board earlier today. From what I read there it was basically a business decision and Celtin, Muck, Fin Fan in Cali, and a couple others are done here. I guess its true, I hope not but it sure sounds like it. Celtkin would have replied by now. They are positing and starting up at the finheaven backup site (celtkin.com). I would put up a link but the thread has been taken down. It sucks, but I guess it had to happen....