PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Israel

Dolphin39
03-24-2008, 01:17 PM
From a Christian perspective: we've already seen and heard concerns ourselves with Obama's associations, friends and pastor. The writer of this article sees them as well.

Are the concerns real; I believe they are.

http://www.rapturealert.com/2008/032408obamisrael.asp

I personally believe America should support Israel and do not believe Obama will do so. In fact, just the opposite, I believe he would be supportive of Israel's enemies instead.

How do the other Jewish and Christian members feel about this issue?

muscle979
03-24-2008, 01:29 PM
From a Christian perspective: we've already seen and heard concerns ourselves with Obama's associations, friends and pastor. The writer of this article sees them as well.

Are the concerns real; I believe they are.

http://www.rapturealert.com/2008/032408obamisrael.asp

I personally believe America should support Israel and do not believe Obama will do so. In fact, just the opposite, I believe he would be supportive of Israel's enemies instead.

How do the other Jewish and Christian members feel about this issue?

I found this quote in the news article:

On that occasion and others Obama was forthright in his criticism of US policy and his call for an even-handed approach to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict."

I think it's a little bit of a stretch to decide that he's going to go to bed with Hamas here. Israel is it's own nation, Barack Obama will not take away its ability to defend itself or drop our support. I see no reason to believe that.

Dolphan7
03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Well if you read into prophesy much, Israel will be left alone against the world in the end times. Also there is scant references to America in end time prophesy. So at some point in time America turns it's back on Israel and becomes insignificant in the world stage due to isolationist policies etc..........

or we become insignificant due to anihilation.

Either scenario is plausible in this day and age of nuclear arms.

Think of the hit TV show Jericho.

phinman1
03-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Excuse me if I simply laugh off any link to "rapturealert.com"

Miamian
03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I really don't put much stock into his belonging to a particular church, there may be other reasons that he belongs, i.e., knowing other members, the church's music, etc.

What bothers me is the advisers that surround him, notably Zbigniew Bryzinski.

muscle979
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Well if you read into prophesy much, Israel will be left alone against the world in the end times. Also there is scant references to America in end time prophesy. So at some point in time America turns it's back on Israel and becomes insignificant in the world stage due to isolationist policies etc..........

or we become insignificant due to anihilation.

Either scenario is plausible in this day and age of nuclear arms.

Think of the hit TV show Jericho.

It was just announced that jericho is cancelled.

Dolphan7
03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
It was just announced that jericho is cancelled.Again? Well I have seen shows come back from one cancellation, but never two. Oh well.

muscle979
03-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Again? Well I have seen shows come back from one cancellation, but never two. Oh well.

Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.