PDA

View Full Version : 3 Red Rings and Super Smash Bros. Bust

theghost
03-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Not only did I get the 3 red rings of death, but come to find out that the launch Wii I got my kids wont play the new SSBB we got them for Easter. So now I have to ship both out for repair. They both will be fixed for free but damn. Nintendo is saying that the lens must be cleaned but then why do i have to send the game in also.........I may get a ps3 to get me through the month of waiting.

mor911
03-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Not only did I get the 3 red rings of death, but come to find out that the launch Wii I got my kids wont play the new SSBB we got them for Easter. So now I have to ship both out for repair. They both will be fixed for free but damn. Nintendo is saying that the lens must be cleaned but then why do i have to send the game in also.........I may get a ps3 to get me through the month of waiting.
Sucks man. Besides my roommate (old roomie), you're the only other person I know that had to return the Wii.

CitizenSnips
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah this happened to a friend of mine with Smash as well. Pretty strange too. To be honest I don't even think Nintendo knows what happened. It seems like a freak accident.
As for 3 red lights...thats basically the price you pay for the 360. My roommates the only one I know who hasn't gotten it, but he has an elite.

Majpain
03-24-2008, 04:34 PM
The first 360 I bought it was defected. Screwed up my games and got the RROD twice but it didn't KO the system. I sent it in for repairs and my 360 is perfect now.

Dolfan32323
03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
My Wii also died a while ago. Glad I got it at Best Buy, just exchanged it.

TrueDolFan
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Do you smoke in your house?

My buddy smokes, and his Wii didn't read SSBB, either. I cleaned the lens for him and it works just fine now.

My Wii (and undoubtedly the Mor's Wii) still won't read an original copy of SSBB, but that's a different story entirely.

theghost
03-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Do you smoke in your house?

My buddy smokes, and his Wii didn't read SSBB, either. I cleaned the lens for him and it works just fine now.

My Wii (and undoubtedly the Mor's Wii) still won't read an original copy of SSBB, but that's a different story entirely.

No, no one smokes in the house.....I guess i am going to send it out saturday cause the kids wanna keep there Wii till spring break is over.

willieri
03-31-2008, 03:19 PM
i have a friend that played SSBB on his Wii and it worked just fine

JuanchoColombia
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
I've read somewhere that a lot of Wiis are having problems with SSBB, but the cause isn't a machine technical failure or bad copies of the game... it's just that this is the first (I think) dual-layer game for the Wii so it's very difficult to read if it has some dust.

muscle979
04-13-2008, 12:44 AM
One of my co-workers told me yesterday that his 360 got two red rings and wouldn't read any game discs. He told me that Microsoft wouldn't fix it for him b/c his original warranty was expired and it's not covered under the three red ring extended warranty. Anybody here had or heard of a problem like this? I was shocked they wouldn't fix it for him. He's out of hundreds of dollars now, the poor guy.

Dolfan32323
04-13-2008, 09:51 AM
he could try to get his console to overheat and then send it in with 3 red... or just say he had 3 red...

SpaceMountain16
04-13-2008, 12:24 PM
he could try to get his console to overheat and then send it in with 3 red... or just say he had 3 red...

Thats what i'd do, just tell them it had three.

CitizenSnips
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
One of my co-workers told me yesterday that his 360 got two red rings and wouldn't read any game discs. He told me that Microsoft wouldn't fix it for him b/c his original warranty was expired and it's not covered under the three red ring extended warranty. Anybody here had or heard of a problem like this? I was shocked they wouldn't fix it for him. He's out of hundreds of dollars now, the poor guy.

yeah if its 2 lights and not three lights, its not under the warranty. Although like others stated, its not hard to make that two lights into a three lights. Wrap it in a hot towel and turn it on for a few hours, im sure it'll overheat eventually.

muscle979
04-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the good advice. I'll let him know.

theghost
04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
My 360 came back last tuesday...so all is well now.

CitizenSnips
04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
My 360 came back last tuesday...so all is well now.
yeah they're good with getting it back to you quickly. Granted, they'd had some practice.