PDA

View Full Version : Look guys, its that rumor that isnt dead yet!

Mike13
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
http://www.gamegrep.com/news/7993-ffvii_remake_rumor_resurrected/

1UP: Does Crisis Core mark the finale for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series?

Hajime Tabata: No, it does not. The Compilation's finale will take some other form.

Dolphin1184
03-24-2008, 07:55 PM
:)

I started playing FFVII recently (never had a PS1). Awesome game, but it would be nice to play with better graphics.

Stitches
03-24-2008, 08:03 PM
If they made it w/better graphics, my ps3 purchase would immediately be justified in my mind, lol.

CitizenSnips
03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
if they remade FF7, i'd buy a ps3.

Supposedly there's an ending to crisis core that suggests there will be a remake.

Sony would just be dumb not to push square enix to remake it.

And square enix would just be dumb not to remake it.

Get Up And Go
03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
FFVII is my favorite game of all time. Funny though that I have never beaten it. Chrono Trigger in ultra close 2nd.

muscle979
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I just can't figure out why it's not being remade on PS3. Maybe it's just being kept secret right now.

CitizenSnips
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I just can't figure out why it's not being remade on PS3. Maybe it's just being kept secret right now.

it's gotta be like a trump card they're holding on to.

muscle979
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
it's gotta be like a trump card they're holding on to.

I was thinking that too. Maybe some kind of in case of emergency remake FFVII thing.

mor911
03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
It makes no strategic sense to remake it on the PS3...

1. Remakes don't sell as well. That's usually ok because remakes don't cost as much to make... In this case, the game and engine would literally have to be remade. So we're talking new game production costs and remake sales figures. Doesn't go well.

2. If the rumor were true, it make ZERO sense to keep it secret. They could just say they have it being made, that'll boost PS3 sales... Which will in turn boost FFXIII.

I'm guessing there'll be another PSP game or maybe a DS game (actually, Wii's pretty popular these days too).

WeVie
03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
They do this crap to get more psp sales. I think it sucks but that is the way it is. I would almost go buy one for FF and God of War myself

Stitches
03-25-2008, 01:40 PM
It makes no strategic sense to remake it on the PS3...

1. Remakes don't sell as well. That's usually ok because remakes don't cost as much to make... In this case, the game and engine would literally have to be remade. So we're talking new game production costs and remake sales figures. Doesn't go well.

2. If the rumor were true, it make ZERO sense to keep it secret. They could just say they have it being made, that'll boost PS3 sales... Which will in turn boost FFXIII.

I'm guessing there'll be another PSP game or maybe a DS game (actually, Wii's pretty popular these days too).

1. Remakes might not normally sell well, but I can almost guarantee this one would. Almost everyone who played it on ps1 would get it if they liked the ps1 version IMO. Plus, anyone who hasn't played it that likes rpgs would play it. I mean, the game is obviously in super high demand, seeing as how used versions of the ps1 game go for $50+. Why wouldn't people just want to pay roughly the same price for a better version of the same game?

2. I agree, it really doesn't make sense for them not to announce this if they planned on doing it. That would be instant ps3 sales.

CitizenSnips
03-25-2008, 04:59 PM
side note, i dont have much time to play it but im pretty happy with the first 20 minutes of FF:crisis core so far. WOoo