PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 on Xbox Live question

FireInTheNole
03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Ok, so I’m a little late on this but I just recently started playing Halo 3 on-line but I have had this game for a while. Anyways, I’m getting my butt kicked pretty regularly and it’s starting to get on my nerves. I’ll be unloading on someone but it always seems like I die first, even when they get close enough for me to melee I hit them they turn around like I’m stupid and clobber the hell out of me and I’m dead!!! I try jumping around like an idiot to avoid gun fire but I always seem to be the one that gets killed first. I know I just started so naturally I’m going to suck a little but c’mon if I melee someone first why am I always the one that dies? Is it a level thing? Does your armor get better as your lever gets higher? If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them I’m tired of getting my *** kicked. :(

Thanks,
FireInTheNole

mor911
03-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Well... I might be wrong but there's been a lot of controversy on the way the melee calculations work on Halo3. Some people think it's flawed because it has nothing to do with who melees first...

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12162

Actually, that article said they were supposed to had fixed it. I don't know because I don't play it.

vinlakers22
03-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I dont think armor gets better with level, but some guns are better for melee than others. The brute shot and mauler are probably the best for melee while the needler is terrible. Also, try jumping while meleeing for better damage.

StormSurge
03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
That sounds like something I could write about Halo 3. I've had more frustrating nights playing that game. Weird stuff happens.

Dolfan32323
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
I've been playing since Halo 2 and consistently suck at it, don't worry lol.

UltraDol-Fan
03-25-2008, 02:18 PM
1) armor does not get better, it's all the same.
2) 1 melee won't kill you unless you have low or no shields unless...
3) A melee in the back is always an auto-kill
4) go for headshots, they do more damage
5) the increased melee damage for the brute shot is negligible.
6) distance is also a factor for accuracy and damage with the guns

FinSinceBirth
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Like the guy above me said a melee doesn't kil unless you're low or no shields. If you melee somone with full shields it'll only drop them to flashing. A typical halo technique is to use the assault riffle running at your opponent and unloading a full clip in them. Then once they get close enough and you've lowered their shields enough, mele. Another good technique is for when there's a shotgun on the level. Pick up the shotty and get close to your opponent. When your in close proximity you do R then B (shoot,melee) quickly. If you time it right it's a kill almost all the time.

FinsNCanes
03-26-2008, 01:36 PM
I would say just return it. The game got a 9.5 and deserved more like an 8. I believe the melee system has something to do with your shield..so if you're going up to someone and melee them and the have more shields on then you then I believe you die. It works like that or basically all shields have to be down in order for a melee death blow. I just dislike the game becase I don't appreciate the fact you have to unload 18 clips into someone. Did they ever fix the Battle Rifle?