PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV map leaked

Medieval954
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Street level map and borough descriptions...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/2urrxgx-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/mbph5h-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/2epsh0z-1.jpg

Subway map and PS3 controls...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/2ue0bgy-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/1zcg1h3-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/2z50lxy-1.png

Much bigger version of street level map...
http://i25.tinypic.com/10rva5s.jpg

-------

One more month to go. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/25rl0yh-1.gif

EDIT: I should put a small warning and say that it is unconfirmed that this is the actual map of the game. Apologies in advance if it's a fake. However if it is a fake, it's the greatest fake I've ever seen. With 4 weeks until release, I think it's real.

mor911
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
NICE!! Looks huge

greatwade
03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
ooops, instinctly thanked you Mor. I just hear that alot.

Greatness920
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
nice bringing the subway back maybe u can drive the train that be cool ill drive an airplane in the subway haha see how that will work oh i love gta

StormSurge
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I like the names of the boroughs.

HaRdKoReXXX
03-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Think this already penciled in as GOY? I can't wait

Itsdahumidity
03-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I like the names of the boroughs.

I'll be running around Bohan first chance I get looking for landmarks & my
hood. :D

Dolfan32323
03-26-2008, 03:44 PM
ooops, instinctly thanked you Mor. I just hear that alot.
LOL you got me cracking up here :sidelol:

CitizenSnips
03-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Think this already penciled in as GOY? I can't wait

Well MGS4 will argue against that...and Gears of War 2...

but they'll deny the obvious greatness of Super Smash Bros. Brawl im sure.

Sethdaddy8
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
nice bringing the subway back maybe u can drive the train that be cool ill drive an airplane in the subway haha see how that will work oh i love gta

there just arent enough Dominizzos in the world.
:bighug:

Dolfan32323
03-26-2008, 09:39 PM
there just arent enough Dominizzos in the world.
:bighug:lol:lol:

Daytona Fin
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I wonder are these same islands as gta3 and lc stories. they look similar with new and larger additions. san andreas still looks bigger though. i know its new and all but will be somewhat of letdown if its same as gta 3 as far as streets and territories go.

CitizenSnips
03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
I wonder are these same islands as gta3 and lc stories. they look similar with new and larger additions. san andreas still looks bigger though. i know its new and all but will be somewhat of letdown if its same as gta 3 as far as streets and territories go.

I could be wrong bu i believe its a muchbeefier version of liberty city this time around. Like this one has several spots that are actually in New York City, so its more real than before.

Dolfan32323
03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
R* has released all the game info on the game's site. gta4.com

Phinz420
03-27-2008, 01:52 PM

I would give MGS4 a possible shot at it, but come on GoW2? No way it stands a chance, being such a bland run of the mill shooter with a few simple gimmicks like chains saws and gore. Sure, it is going to sell very nicely on the 360 there is no denying that fact....GOTY is another story and requires more than just sales numbers IMO. Hell, even turok has sold over 1M copies already and it is total garbage.

Gears of War was probably the biggest let down in gaming I have ever seen. With all of the hype I expected so much more. Multi player was terrible, and Im just not a big fan of small maps where you cant see all that far. The AI wasnt anything mentionable either.

Now, all of that was just my criticisms of GoW1, all of that could be settled and fixed for me for all i know about GoW2...but I doubt it. Giving it the kind of equal promotion for GOTY as GTA or MGS is simply baffling.

CitizenSnips
03-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I would give MGS4 a possible shot at it, but come on GoW2? No way it stands a chance, being such a bland run of the mill shooter with a few simple gimmicks like chains saws and gore. Sure, it is going to sell very nicely on the 360 there is no denying that fact....GOTY is another story and requires more than just sales numbers IMO. Hell, even turok has sold over 1M copies already and it is total garbage.

Gears of War was probably the biggest let down in gaming I have ever seen. With all of the hype I expected so much more. Multi player was terrible, and Im just not a big fan of small maps where you cant see all that far. The AI wasnt anything mentionable either.

Now, all of that was just my criticisms of GoW1, all of that could be settled and fixed for me for all i know about GoW2...but I doubt it. Giving it the kind of equal promotion for GOTY as GTA or MGS is simply baffling.

*blinks* I...I don't know how to respond to that.

Gears of war 2, based off what little demo videos i've seen, looks like its going to do things with its engine that simply has never been done before.

I guess if you're basing the game off its multiplayer, yeah its not up to par with CoD4, or Halo, but it might have been the best co-op game ever. Graphics were stunning, gameplay was fun and intense, actually the only real complaint i ever heard before this about the stroy, which was awful.

mor911
03-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Gears' co-op was second to none. Playing that game on Insane with a buddy is one of the funnest experiences ever.

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Fallout 3 will run away with it if it comes out this year

CitizenSnips
03-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Well Bethesda is very optimistic about that

mor911
03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
The Fallout name isn't as big in the console world as MGS or GTA... Not even close actually.

Miami 13
03-27-2008, 04:11 PM
:lol:

Phinz420
03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
*blinks* I...I don't know how to respond to that.

Gears of war 2, based off what little demo videos i've seen, looks like its going to do things with its engine that simply has never been done before.

I guess if you're basing the game off its multiplayer, yeah its not up to par with CoD4, or Halo, but it might have been the best co-op game ever. Graphics were stunning, gameplay was fun and intense, actually the only real complaint i ever heard before this about the stroy, which was awful.

Ehh, the only changes to the same engine they used with GoW is for increasing the amount of actors able to be rendered in the engine and improvements to water textures & a little destructible environment physics.

None of that is what you say "never been done before", but I will say that they are good improvements to GoW, mostly the increased rendering capabilities for actors.

Don't get me wrong though my post was not meant to completely slam GoW. I have just always felt it was over hyped, and it ended up being a huge let down for me after listening to it all. The single player was too short and the multi player wasn't up to par with current games of it's genre. The saving grace there was an amazing game to play with a buddy next to you, and I think there needs to be a lot more of that in shooters.

I want to play GoW2 and all, it sounds like a nice improvement....it's just the context of the discussion was for Game of the Year. With Grand Theft Auto 4, and even MGS4....I just don't see it as any kind of possibility gaging from GoW1 and the mostly minor improvements to the engine.