PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Microsoft developing a 360 version of the Wiimote

Medieval954
04-07-2008, 07:43 PM
If everything goes according to plan, Microsoft's response to Nintendo's Wii will appear before the end of the year, a developer who has been briefed on the project told MTV News. The Xbox 360 manufacturer has been working on its own version of the motion-controlled Wii remote since last summer, the developer said.

Since Nintendo's Wii (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1540867/20060914/id_0.jhtml) became a global sensation and Sony launched a PS3 controller that is also motion-sensitive (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1531356/20060509/id_0.jhtml), rumors have reverberated through the gaming industry that Microsoft would create a motion-controller of its own.

While nothing has been officially announced, MTV News' source was able to provide us with details on one such 360 controller in the making: a controller designed to do all the Wii remote does, and more. Our source chose to remain anonymous in the interest of not compromising business relationships, but MTV News has confirmed Microsoft's active interest in developing a motion-sensitive controller with other industry sources.

The project has been in active development at Microsoft since last August, the source said. Rare, the Microsoft-owned studio behind Xbox 360's launch first-person shooter "Perfect Dark Zero" and the upcoming installment of the "Banjo-Kazooie" franchise, has been tasked with creating a unified interface and look for the controller. Rare has had trouble hitting its deadlines, according to the source.

When MTV News contacted Microsoft for confirmation, a spokesperson said that "Microsoft does not comment on rumors and speculation."

More at : http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584945/20080404/id_0.jhtml

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/zu45yc-1.png

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/04/07/source-this-is-a-sketch-of-microsofts-wii-remote-imitator/

Whether or not this is true, it is inevitable that Microsoft will make their own version of the Wiimote. Sony killed the old "boomerang" PS3 controller and crammed in basic motion sensing in their Dual Shock (Sixaxis) when Nintendo revealed the Wiimote and it capabilities.

Phin-o-rama
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
cool

Alex44
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Sweet. The system will still be an uncreative poor mans Sony product.

Phin-o-rama
04-07-2008, 09:16 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

CitizenSnips
04-07-2008, 11:36 PM

and they both wish they were nintendo.

QuenteK25
04-08-2008, 04:57 PM
So, Microsoft wants to be Sony? A system with great potential and no good games.

Or is it Nintendo they want to be? A kiddie system with no good games?

I think they should just stick to being Microsoft, a system that breaks down on it's own but has great games.

FYI - I own a 360 and a Wii. I just think all the fanboy garbage is hilarious. They're all great for different reasons, and thats the beauty of it.

Now, maybe we can stay on topic and quit trying to bash on systems.

Could be interesting if this comes to fruition...the controller that is.

CitizenSnips
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
So, Microsoft wants to be Sony? A system with great potential and no good games.

I think they should just stick to being Microsoft, a system that breaks down on it's own but has great games.

FYI - I own a 360 and a Wii. I just think all the fanboy garbage is hilarious. They're all great for different reasons, and thats the beauty of it.

Actually, Microsoft DOES want that. At least the kiddie part, (I don't know how you can say the wii has no good games. No good games made by anyone other than nintendo maybe) They've proven it with Scene it (family game), viva pinata (animal crossing), and other games like 'brain challenge' (Brain age) and the likes. and now they're possibly creating a carbon copy of the wiimote?

Both Sony and Microsoft want a peice of the 'casual' market, something that only Nintendo really has a control of right now. And sadly, its not cause of games like Metroid, Zelda, or mario, its cause of games like Mario- & sonic at the olympics, Carnival games, and of course, wii sports. All three titles have sold million(s) worldwide, and all three can be considered pretty simple minded and shallow games.

At this point, nintendo can crap on a disc and it'll sell millions due to their audience size. (and i think Mario Kart may just prove that, since it looks awful)

I wasn't just throwing around fanboy garbage, both sony and microsoft want some of the 'casuall' market that wii has right now, and that of course means dumbing down some of their games and toning down on their age level.

Greatness920
04-08-2008, 06:09 PM

ps3 has no good gamess.... wow u must not own one then uhh COD4, mtgs4, ratchet and clank, resistance, uncharted, gta IV motorstorm, oblivion.... think before u start typin stuff

Amars
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM

360 has all the best games. PS3 is trying to catch up from a distance 3rd in the console wars.

QuenteK25
04-08-2008, 11:44 PM
ps3 has no good gamess.... wow u must not own one then uhh COD4, mtgs4, ratchet and clank, resistance, uncharted, gta IV motorstorm, oblivion.... think before u start typin stuff

Exactly my point, it's all a matter of opinion. That why all this fanboy lovefest always cracks me up. People take it all WAY too seriously.

And of course I don't have any good PS3 games. I don't even have a PS3, did you read my post?

Each system reaches a different market. Sure they all want to rock all the markets, but at this point it's just not really happening.

Greatness920
04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Exactly my point, it's all a matter of opinion. That why all this fanboy lovefest always cracks me up. People take it all WAY too seriously.

And of course I don't have any good PS3 games. I don't even have a PS3, did you read my post?

Each system reaches a different market. Sure they all want to rock all the markets, but at this point it's just not really happening.

i get you i thought u said that part not like general no problems

Phinz420
04-09-2008, 05:05 AM
360 has all the best games. PS3 is trying to catch up from a distance 3rd in the console wars.

I keep trying to find a reason to buy a 360, but other than it being cheap, one just doesn't exist. Pretty much any game I could want to play on the 360 is released on the PC. And there is no way in hell Im paying any more money than I already am for online service.

I did have one close encounter when I was in the process of buying my friend's barely used 360 off him around the time Madden came out...except it RROD on me after 2 days. That was an interesting situation...returning a broken, barely used 360 to my friend. He thought I was messing with him when I let him know what happened :lol:. Thankfully he decided not to hold me to buying his 360 after that.

Now....about the OP. Couldn't MS of come up with something unique?(if this is true) I mean stealing the idea is one thing, but to completely...shamelessly rip off the design is hysterical.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 08:46 AM
you could have returned the rrod 360 for a brand new one....it did you a favor by rrod'ing silly bunz

also, while you may have a high end gaming rig that will play gears of war or whatever at high settings that rival a 360 and even surpass it, most people do not... so that 'well i can play it on my badass 1500 dollar rig that i built myself and it screams' mentality doesn't really apply to most people.

also someone that plays mmo's and pays monthly for them, probably at one time said "no way am i paying monthly for a game, thats gaysawce brobocop', and yet you do, because you see the value for doing so...XBlive offers that value, and the product is superior to its competitors, and as a pc gamer, i find it hard to believe that you do not see the advantages of xblive over psn.

granted xblive is whole 3 dollars and some change a month!!! and its also cheaper for a year than one of those 60 dollar games you bought that you regret buying (everyone has a few)...You are going to buy an HDTV, a 360, extra controller, etc, etc....and then cry about having to pay 3 something a month for the absolute best online gaming service available? :lol:

the design is a sketch that coulda been drawn by a 4 yr old....lets wait and see if its even true, and what it looks like.

it makes sense to do a 'wand' style, and M$ could absolutely blow the wii out of the water with this....quality and performance wise-----i'm not saying all the nintendobots will renounce their religion of nintendo and buy a 360....i'm saying it will most likely look, play and perform better as a M$ and 360 product.

if nintendo had an xbox live type of online network? it would be badass....instead they have set up some sort of retarded chinese fire drill, and its pathetic in form and function

TrueDolFan
04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
No big surprise to me, I'm actually shocked it took this long.

It's further proof that Nintendo is the one true innovator in the industry. Every controller innovation Nintendo has ever created has had a crappy rip off created by the competition.

I gotta believe that it's far too late for Microsoft to really make a significant play to take a piece of Nintendo's pie.

CitizenSnips
04-09-2008, 10:06 AM
No big surprise to me, I'm actually shocked it took this long.

It's further proof that Nintendo is the one true innovator in the industry. Every controller innovation Nintendo has ever created has had a crappy rip off created by the competition.

I gotta believe that it's far too late for Microsoft to really make a significant play to take a piece of Nintendo's pie.

Very true. It took Nintendo a few years to create quality games using the motion control, M$ simply doesn't have that much time.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 10:38 AM
possibly...i mean look at sony's stupid six axis...

also 'taking a piece of nintendo's pie' isn't necessarily wat they are after perhaps....they have a large install base now, and could make money off of the accessory

I love wii bowling, but i would really love 360 bowling with HD graphics, and online capabilities....something that nintendo should be ashamed of in the year 2008

next gen controllers, but last gen everything else....

and honestly who cares that nintendo is the great innovator of controllers....great ! but, if someone comes along and does it better? then hell yeah i'm all for it....i see gaps all in nintendo's product. it is fun and quirky...i am actually pretty curious on what RARE and M$ are able to do here....

Dolphins9954
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I think it's a good idea. I had a Wii but sold it because it wasn't in HD and the graphics sucked. Not to mention the majority of the games were terrible at best. What microsoft is doing is smart. Basically make the 360 into a better version of the Wii. With HD, alot better graphics, and better games. Not to mention superior online service. By doing this they could get a jump on the next Wii whenever it comes out.

As long as they continue to focus on making great games for the 360 I'm cool with it.

CitizenSnips
04-09-2008, 12:16 PM
possibly...i mean look at sony's stupid six axis...

also 'taking a piece of nintendo's pie' isn't necessarily wat they are after perhaps....they have a large install base now, and could make money off of the accessory

I love wii bowling, but i would really love 360 bowling with HD graphics, and online capabilities....something that nintendo should be ashamed of in the year 2008

next gen controllers, but last gen everything else....

and honestly who cares that nintendo is the great innovator of controllers....great ! but, if someone comes along and does it better? then hell yeah i'm all for it....i see gaps all in nintendo's product. it is fun and quirky...i am actually pretty curious on what RARE and M$ are able to do here....

:lol:RARE is a mere shadow of its former self. They're an absolute joke at this point. I was excited when M$ got a hold of them but they lost so much talent and workers that they dont even deserve to call themselves Rare anymore. they should rename themselves.

and nintendo isn't just the innovators of controllers, their the innovators of entire consoles. the wii itself is an innovation. then you have games like brain age, wii fit and wii sports. Great games? probalby not, innovative? yes. And then of course theres the Marios, Zeldas, Metroids, games that have countless imitators but very rare true competitors.

As for the online thing, Nintendo just aint interested in that. they've proven that. This is one case where they are just so old school that they don't even understand the concept. At this point they probably know they cant do it better than M$ or soon Sony, so they probably don't even want to try.

What I'm curious about is this. If M$ is gonna do this, whats it going to cost? and wheres the range for the remote? Is there going to be a sensor bar like on the wii? or are we gonna have to position the xbox on or below the tv.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Regardless if Nintendo isn't "interested" in the online "thing" they are pathetic in that respect. And I'm not so sure you are right about them not being interested in it, they have the nintendo store to distribute old overpriced games, and will soon have something similar to XLNA or w/e it is M$ has for 3rd party arcade games that people can buy. They really tried with SSBB to make an online matchmaking option, which is pretty ****ty....so why even try if they don't 'care' ?

I think they just suck at it, TBH. Leaving an ethernet port out of the unit was also dumb imo.

And I agree, Nintendo has always been pretty sick....I had all the systems as a kid, and grew up on it....but some of the claims are pretty over the top regarding their awesomely innovativeness....would zelda: twilight princess even sell that well if it wasn't zelda? i dont think so ....nintendo's level of brand recognition and marketing over the years has been phenomenal, to the point I imagine Mario is as recognizable as mickey mouse around the world....

regardless this thread is about M$ possibly creating a motion sensing controller....why not? who cares? sony tried with the six axis, nintendo's got their gamecube with motion controls (wii), why not let M$ take a crack at it....

i can see a **** ton of area to improve on the wii's motion controls, and their lack of features overall as a console leave the door open for someone else to swoop in and 'do it better' than them...

and i didn't know / don't care what happened to RARE or any of that...I just read that they were supposedly working on it...

TrueDolFan
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
First of all, Nintendo is responsible for video games as we know them. Don't think so? You need a history lesson.

Second, Nintendo isn't a "style over substance" video game company. They believe GAMEPLAY is king, not GRAPHICS. That's why the Wii is dominating the market, even though it is outpowered by it's competition.

TrueDolFan
04-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Regardless if Nintendo isn't "interested" in the online "thing" they are pathetic in that respect. And I'm not so sure you are right about them not being interested in it, they have the nintendo store to distribute old overpriced games, and will soon have something similar to XLNA or w/e it is M$ has for 3rd party arcade games that people can buy. They really tried with SSBB to make an online matchmaking option, which is pretty ****ty....so why even try if they don't 'care' ?

I think they just suck at it, TBH. Leaving an ethernet port out of the unit was also dumb imo.

And I agree, Nintendo has always been pretty sick....I had all the systems as a kid, and grew up on it....but some of the claims are pretty over the top regarding their awesomely innovativeness....would zelda: twilight princess even sell that well if it wasn't zelda? i dont think so ....nintendo's level of brand recognition and marketing over the years has been phenomenal, to the point I imagine Mario is as recognizable as mickey mouse around the world....

regardless this thread is about M$ possibly creating a motion sensing controller....why not? who cares? sony tried with the six axis, nintendo's got their gamecube with motion controls (wii), why not let M$ take a crack at it....

i can see a **** ton of area to improve on the wii's motion controls, and their lack of features overall as a console leave the door open for someone else to swoop in and 'do it better' than them...

and i didn't know / don't care what happened to RARE or any of that...I just read that they were supposedly working on it...

I couldn't disagree more. How many people have their video game systems near their PC? Not many people I know. My guess is that on average, you'd need at least a 50' cable to go from your router to your game machine. That cable would cost you around $15. Then, a wired router will set you back $25. Total of $40. Anybody with a high speed connection can get a WIRELESS router for $40. The point is that it's pretty much a wash.

What if it's next to impossible for you to run an ethernet cable to your 360? How much does it cost to have wireless to your 360? It's almost $100.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I couldn't disagree more. How many people have their video game systems near their PC? Not many people I know. My guess is that on average, you'd need at least a 50' cable to go from your router to your game machine. That cable would cost you around $15. Then, a wired router will set you back $25. Total of $40. Anybody with a high speed connection can get a WIRELESS router for $40. The point is that it's pretty much a wash.

What if it's next to impossible for you to run an ethernet cable to your 360? How much does it cost to have wireless to your 360? It's almost $100.

well considering the system updates are pretty necessary, and not everyone has a wireless network configged in their home, it was a cheap oversight imo....the point is it shows their lack of commitment to online gameplay which isn't even the "future of gameplay" anymore, its the present. how much would an ethernet adapter cost them in production? $1 ??

i have a game room, with a pc in it yes...and it a wireless network setup, and i still would prefer a hard wired connection over wireless from my router, as i do with the ps3 and 360.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
First of all, Nintendo is responsible for video games as we know them. Don't think so? You need a history lesson.

Second, Nintendo isn't a "style over substance" video game company. They believe GAMEPLAY is king, not GRAPHICS. That's why the Wii is dominating the market, even though it is outpowered by it's competition.

where did i say they weren't??

and besides that, ....who cares? what weight does that carry in any facet?

atari and commodore 64 were extremely innovative!!! ok

gameplay is king? fine, i do agree with that....so where is it??

mario galaxy - is awesome, i agree....very fun game
ssbb - pretty damn good, although i have read many prefer melee over brawl

other than that, i dont see anything out there that is a must have, other than wii sports....im not sure what we are even arguing here, except that any shot against nintendo and you nintendobots don your samus armor and start blindly thrashing :lol:

the wii, in general is a disappointing system IN MY EYES, it could have been epic, and maybe the wii2 will be i dont know, but i do know that the wii has left alot to be desired and 'someone' could certainly build on their innovative controller scheme and deliver a better experience, as it wouldn't be that hard

CitizenSnips
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Wii titles nobody talks about:

Zack and Wiki: The quest for barbaros' treasure (Puzzle)
Super Paper Mario (puzzle/adventure/rpg) (Honestly, a great game, and no one played it)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (shooter) (Ditto)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (Action/adventure)

All four are played in completely different ways, and all four are different genres. If M$ is gonna build a remote, i'd be interested to see how they plan on using it in a different way that Nintendo hasn't already.

More importantly, would M$ be able to convince any major studios to build a game using the remote as the default controller over their regular controller.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 04:20 PM
hmm, what i envision for this is something like this

mostly casual style games would use this motion control, bowling, tennis, baseball style games....pool ...whatever

games wont be retro'ed to use this new controller imo, and i seriously doubt that new games will be built for the new controller....i mean the multiplatform games or games like fable 2 for example...

i could see it as a select genre of games, probably mostly downloadable from XBL, that are made specifically for use with that controller...

while the wii mote works very well, it sometimes misses movement or is inaccurate, it just depends on what they can develop, and if it is higher quality and offers better performance.

CitizenSnips
04-09-2008, 04:27 PM
hmm, what i envision for this is something like this

mostly casual style games would use this motion control, bowling, tennis, baseball style games....pool ...whatever

games wont be retro'ed to use this new controller imo, and i seriously doubt that new games will be built for the new controller....i mean the multiplatform games or games like fable 2 for example...

i could see it as a select genre of games, probably mostly downloadable from XBL, that are made specifically for use with that controller...

while the wii mote works very well, it sometimes misses movement or is inaccurate, it just depends on what they can develop, and if it is higher quality and offers better performance.

I have to disagree there, with so many shooters on the console, eventually one would use the remote. It would really shake things up with so many shooters. I mean the 360 has a lot of great ones, some that have gotten completely buried because of this. I have to admit, if an M$ team sat down and made a shooter based on the remote I'd want to play it. If for no other reason than to see how well it did.

TrueDolFan
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
where did i say they weren't??

and besides that, ....who cares? what weight does that carry in any facet?

atari and commodore 64 were extremely innovative!!! ok

gameplay is king? fine, i do agree with that....so where is it??

mario galaxy - is awesome, i agree....very fun game
ssbb - pretty damn good, although i have read many prefer melee over brawl

other than that, i dont see anything out there that is a must have, other than wii sports....im not sure what we are even arguing here, except that any shot against nintendo and you nintendobots don your samus armor and start blindly thrashing :lol:

the wii, in general is a disappointing system IN MY EYES, it could have been epic, and maybe the wii2 will be i dont know, but i do know that the wii has left alot to be desired and 'someone' could certainly build on their innovative controller scheme and deliver a better experience, as it wouldn't be that hard

I never said YOU. I was just pointing out a fact.

As for nothing but SMG and SSBB? You got to be kidding me. Metroid Prime 3, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Kart Wii (coming out on the 27th) come to mind.

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
true, i just hope they don't try to slap motion controls on a game all half *** like it seems so many 3rd party wii games have...

Microsoft is definitely trying to also capture the casual gaming crowd, hence their huge arcade selection and the arcade model of the 360....there is alot of money to be had in casual gaming

Phin-o-rama
04-09-2008, 04:37 PM
i was mostly referring to the claims of their super innovative gameplay...for example if zelda:twighlight princess was called Joe Bloe: The Next Generation, would it be so heralded ?

TrueDolFan
04-09-2008, 05:41 PM
i was mostly referring to the claims of their super innovative gameplay...for example if zelda:twighlight princess was called Joe Bloe: The Next Generation, would it be so heralded ?

Well, while not as innovative as Ocarina, it is still a great, great game.

I don't mean that every game is an astounding breakthrough. Not EVERY game can change the industry.

I meant whenever there was that astounding breakthrough, Nintendo brought it to us.

Majpain
04-09-2008, 09:49 PM

Not one to point out but most of those games are multiplatform.

When it comes to games Xbox 360 has the best library.

Phinz420
04-09-2008, 10:19 PM
you could have returned the rrod 360 for a brand new one....it did you a favor by rrod'ing silly bunz You really think I had any interest in buying the system after it RR on me after a weekend of play? I do see your point, but let's just say that this situation along with the vast amounts of problems others have had I was a little disenchanted.

also, while you may have a high end gaming rig that will play gears of war or whatever at high settings that rival a 360 and even surpass it, most people do not... so that 'well i can play it on my badass 1500 dollar rig that i built myself and it screams' mentality doesn't really apply to most people. That doesn't change the fact that every big game I could want to play on the 360 is available already to me. The same cannot be said about the upcoming major releases for the PS3. These are true exclusives and will never make it to the PC. Then of coarse there is BluRay.

So as I see it, it would be far more beneficial for me to pick up a PS3, as long as those games are out or close to it anyways.(Im mostly referring to Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, SOCOM, God of War)

also someone that plays mmo's and pays monthly for them, probably at one time said "no way am i paying monthly for a game, thats gaysawce brobocop', and yet you do, because you see the value for doing so...XBlive offers that value, and the product is superior to its competitors, and as a pc gamer, i find it hard to believe that you do not see the advantages of xblive over psn.
Never said anything like that because the first time I even heard about EverQuest in 99 I went and bought it. XBL offers me absolutely nothing special over what Im used to getting for free in PC games. In comparison to the upcoming free PS Home service, it makes it even harder to justify the cost.

granted xblive is whole 3 dollars and some change a month!!! and its also cheaper for a year than one of those 60 dollar games you bought that you regret buying (everyone has a few)...You are going to buy an HDTV, a 360, extra controller, etc, etc....and then cry about having to pay 3 something a month for the absolute best online gaming service available? :lol:
That 3 dollars a month, is for being able to use the internet you already pay for on the game console that you already paid for, to play the game that you already paid for. Its retarded in my eyes, and unless I didnt have a way to game online I wouldn't be interested in paying even that measly 3 dollars a month for what I consider to be nothing.

the design is a sketch that coulda been drawn by a 4 yr old....lets wait and see if its even true, and what it looks like.

it makes sense to do a 'wand' style, and M$ could absolutely blow the wii out of the water with this....quality and performance wise-----i'm not saying all the nintendobots will renounce their religion of nintendo and buy a 360....i'm saying it will most likely look, play and perform better as a M$ and 360 product.

if nintendo had an xbox live type of online network? it would be badass....instead they have set up some sort of retarded chinese fire drill, and its pathetic in form and functionI myself am skeptical of this. If that sketch is true though, I still don't see why they wouldn't make an attempt at making one more unique. The big reason Nintendo chose the wand, other than it's practicality, is that it was better suited for the large demographic that was targeted. The biggest complaint of Old gamers is always controls.

We are in complete agreement though that Nintendo's online service...albeit free...is pure short bus.

Phin-o-rama
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
sorry phinz, I already declared myself winner of this thread...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

CitizenSnips
04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Top Hardware sales in america in 2007

Nintendo DS - 8,500,000
Wii - 6,290,000
Xbox 360 - 4,620,000
PlayStation 2 - 3,970,000
PSP - 3,820,000
PlayStation 3 - 2,560,000
Game Boy Advance - 1,120,000(and in case it needed to be said, the wii has been #1 in console sales so far in 2008 as well)

the 360 needs a boost with the wiis continued dominance and the ps3s inevitable rise to power, so they're stealing Nintendos idea. simple as that.

Tune in next month when Microsoft announces the MS DS!

SpaceMountain16
04-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Actually, Microsoft DOES want that. At least the kiddie part, (I don't know how you can say the wii has no good games. No good games made by anyone other than nintendo maybe) They've proven it with Scene it (family game), viva pinata (animal crossing), and other games like 'brain challenge' (Brain age) and the likes. and now they're possibly creating a carbon copy of the wiimote?

Releasing games for kids and marketing your entire system around games that people such as myself enjoyed 10-15 years ago are two separate things. Wii is nothing more than a cheap party console built on the memories of the public. I'll pick one up eventually because it's cheap and often fun to play, but it wont be to play the 900th Mario game, or StarFox 10, or Metroid Prime 7 or any other "original" ideas they come up with.

Dolphin1184
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I enjoy fanboys constantly fighting each other to justify their systems. Thank God I have both systems. Best of both worlds. Home coming out? Awesome! I have a PS3. Gears of War 2? Awesome!

Phinz420
04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
sorry phinz, I already declared myself winner of this thread...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif:(

CitizenSnips
04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I enjoy fanboys constantly fighting each other to justify their systems. Thank God I have both systems. Bet of both worlds. Home coming out? Awesome! I have a PS3. Gears of War 2? Awesome!

I have every system outside of the ps3, (including psp and ds) i just like to argue. In fact, i dont see the point in message boards otherwise.

Dolphin1184
04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I have every system outside of the ps3, (including psp and ds) i just like to argue. In fact, i dont see the point in message boards otherwise.

Posting these:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/210g8pd-1.jpg

DaFish
04-11-2008, 01:15 AM

Come on man. Nintendo is money when it comes to quality in-house game development. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario are a few names that come to mind. They find ways to reinvent those titles and make them awesome.

I am old school and have a little Nintendo fanboy left in me but the titles do rock.

DaFish
04-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I enjoy fanboys constantly fighting each other to justify their systems. Thank God I have both systems. Best of both worlds. Home coming out? Awesome! I have a PS3. Gears of War 2? Awesome!

I hear ya. As the years have passed I have learned to appreciate different systems for their strengths.

The same could be said for computer operating systems.

FinsNCanes
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM

LOL

Same here. I do think that the ps3 is a more reliable machine though and as soon as programmers can figure out how to program for it better it will be bad ***. The only thing XBL has over PSN is a better friend system..that's about it. I actually like the layout of PSN better than XBL, it seems easier to read to me.

If anyone wants my honest opinion (if I could afford it) I would be more than likely gaming on the PC. The problem with that nowadays is the only thing worth getting on the PC is an MMO..but the mouse and keyboard is light years better than controllers. I still can't manage to get the hang of the stupid controller. It's just wayyy less accurate.

FinsNCanes
04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Come on man. Nintendo is money when it comes to quality in-house game development. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario are a few names that come to mind. They find ways to reinvent those titles and make them awesome.

I am old school and have a little Nintendo fanboy left in me but the titles do rock.

Unfortunately those are the only names that come to mind. If Nintendo wants to do anything besides entertain 6 year olds they need to start reinventing a lot of the original games. Bubble Bobble with assault rifles I say..

Dolphin1184
04-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Unfortunately those are the only names that come to mind. If Nintendo wants to do anything besides entertain 6 year olds they need to start reinventing a lot of the original games. Bubble Bobble with assault rifles I say..

Or Super Mario Porn starring Ron Jeremy as Mario. :lol:

Medieval954
04-11-2008, 02:44 PM
What have you people done to my thread. This fanboy garbage has to go as it serves no purpose in relation to the original post. Please stay on topic and discuss this like gentlemen. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Wii would like to say F.U. to Sony and Microsoft for once again stealing ideas instead of coming up with their own.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/2maf09-1.png

Nintendo wins again, *******

Phin-o-rama
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
rofl !

FinsNCanes
04-11-2008, 02:59 PM
What have you people done to my thread. This fanboy garbage has to go as it serves no purpose in relation to the original post. Please stay on topic and discuss this like gentlemen. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Wii would like to say F.U. to Sony and Microsoft for once again stealing ideas instead of coming up with their own.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/2maf09-1.png

Nintendo wins again, *******

Alright..in my opinion it's a dumb idea. Not sure how you have Sony stealing the idea anyway (are they making one as well?). I think the Wiimote is retarded anyways. It's cool for about the first 2 hours and then you realize how ridiculous it is.

CitizenSnips
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Alright..in my opinion it's a dumb idea. Not sure how you have Sony stealing the idea anyway (are they making one as well?). I think the Wiimote is retarded anyways. It's cool for about the first 2 hours and then you realize how ridiculous it is.

its a novelty, there's no denying that. It's different, and thats why people like it.

But yeah, not too surprisingly, two of nintendos biggest games coming out this year will mostly use gamecube controllers. (Mario Kart and SSBB)

Phin-o-rama
05-05-2008, 08:56 AM
In issue #181 of the May Gameinformer, on page 24, under loose talk it states:
"Sony's Wii-Mote?"

"Sony is no stranger to courting casual gamers, whether your'e talking about the EyeToy or quiz game Buzz. First the company tried to steal Nintendo's thunder by introducing motion control functionailty to its ps3 controller, now Sony is working on a new device internally being called the Waggle.

The controller will likely be packed in with a game, and Sony is currently talking with a number of companies about titles for the controller. Although the full functionality of the controller is still unknown at this point, it will contain motion sensing.

Unlike the Wii remote, however, Sony's Waggle will not require a sensor bar or be based on IR. How this differerntiates or expands upon the motion control of the ps3 controller is unknown a this time."

CitizenSnips
05-05-2008, 09:17 AM
In issue #181 of the May Gameinformer, on page 24, under loose talk it states:
"Sony's Wii-Mote?"

"Sony is no stranger to courting casual gamers, whether your'e talking about the EyeToy or quiz game Buzz. First the company tried to steal Nintendo's thunder by introducing motion control functionailty to its ps3 controller, now Sony is working on a new device internally being called the Waggle.

The controller will likely be packed in with a game, and Sony is currently talking with a number of companies about titles for the controller. Although the full functionality of the controller is still unknown at this point, it will contain motion sensing.

Unlike the Wii remote, however, Sony's Waggle will not require a sensor bar or be based on IR. How this differerntiates or expands upon the motion control of the ps3 controller is unknown a this time."

Yeah i saw that. Pretty ironic since all ps3 fans would say how silly it would be for 360 to do such a thing.

SarahAnn
05-08-2008, 08:17 AM
The fantasy fangirl in me immediately thought of multiplayer sword duels... The geek in my thought of a new fps starwars...