PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally got it

Dolphin1184
04-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I finally got the XBOX 360. I decided to get the Arcade model because money is tight. Well I am pleasantly surprised. I put in Frontlines: Fuel of War, and the system is MUCH quieter than I expected. The fan makes very little noise, and the DVD-ROM drive is less noisy than my PC's drive. Definitely not noticeable when playing a game. I read on consumer reviews that the Arcade runs quieter than the others. Well, it seems like they are right. Next month, I am getting a 120 gb HD for it. It ends up being only $10 more than the elite; plus the replacement plan from best buy is 40 dollars cheaper with the Arcade than the Elite. I can get an HDMI cable for $5 from monoprice.com. Plus, it comes with 5 arcade games. All in all, I like it so far! We'll see 12 months from now. ;)

Phin-o-rama
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
grats!! enjoy it, there are alot of good games out there to play :D

Get Up And Go
04-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Good Stuff! I'm sure you'll like it. I just got one in March.

jimmy42jack0
04-08-2008, 02:36 AM
call of duty 4 is a must have game on the 360...welcome to the community!

Greatness920
04-08-2008, 02:58 AM
u have went to the dark side haha

Dolphin1184
04-08-2008, 07:50 AM
u have went to the dark side haha

More like the gray side. ;)

StormSurge
04-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Welcome!

I finally found a Wii this past weekend. Although it's cool, I don't anticipate it taking any time away from my 360.

dabeastdabone
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Welcome!

I finally found a Wii this past weekend. Although it's cool, I don't anticipate it taking any time away from my 360.

The Wii is fun but it tends to be a party novelty. The only game I found that I "really" liked and played through was resident evil 4, one problem with the wii is you REALLY need to rent the games first to try out the feel of the game, many are way to awkward for me.

I just got the PS3, I have had the 360 since it came out, the PS3 is much better as far as I can tell so far. It has Blu-Ray, free online play, Internet Browser, plus some other stuff.

I have grown frustrated with the 360 somewhat, games released a year ago are still at $50.00 and over. I don't play much, just with me nephews a time or two a week, so I'm a big fan of the cheap game.

BlueFin
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
What are the best games for 360?

DaFish
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I finally got the XBOX 360. I decided to get the Arcade model because money is tight. Well I am pleasantly surprised. I put in Frontlines: Fuel of War, and the system is MUCH quieter than I expected. The fan makes very little noise, and the DVD-ROM drive is less noisy than my PC's drive. Definitely not noticeable when playing a game. I read on consumer reviews that the Arcade runs quieter than the others. Well, it seems like they are right. Next month, I am getting a 120 gb HD for it. It ends up being only $10 more than the elite; plus the replacement plan from best buy is 40 dollars cheaper with the Arcade than the Elite. I can get an HDMI cable for $5 from monoprice.com. Plus, it comes with 5 arcade games. All in all, I like it so far! We'll see 12 months from now. ;)

Is there really a big difference between the HDMI and component cables. I for one can say the component cables look absolutely stunning.

dabeastdabone
04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
What are the best games for 360?

Depends on what you like.

We do a lot of 2 player co-op and Gears of War is good, Army of Two is better. Gears only took us about 8 hours to beat so I have to say spending $59.00 on it didn't make me happy. Army of two I thought played a bit better and took us about 14 hours.

Single player shooters, never played it but Call of Duty is the hot game now I think (I believe it is 4). You will get the most bang for your buck with Ghost Recon advanced war fighter 2 though. Turok is good but kinda the same as every other shooter.

My favorite game, although not everyones, is Dead Rising. It has to suit your taste. Oblivian is also fun, its a fantasy RPG that can be very addictive.

Sant's Row was fun, like Grand thief Auto I suppose.

QuenteK25
04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Definitely a matter of personal preference...

My favorites...
Forza 2
Orange Box
Halo 3
COD 4
NBA 2K8

Dolphin1184
04-16-2008, 12:28 AM
After more than a week my impressions of it has been positive. I beat the short but awesome campaign of Frontlines. Now I am enjoying the multiplayer on Live. I play for hours and my XBOX runs relatively quiet and really cool. I have a small fan circulating air towards the holes below the DVD-ROM (I have the thing vertical) where the GPU lies. Works great. I feel the top grill, and it is much cooler than my PS3. I plan to get another game soon.