PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever tear ligaments in there ankle?

miamiron
04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I go for an MRI on friday and believe it will show torn ligaments in my ankle.

I have sprained and twisted ankles in the past but nothing has been this painful plus it sounded like something poped
or snaped when it happened.

If anyone has gone through torn ligaments what do I have to look forward to?

Thanks in advance

Ron

BO KNOWS
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I have broken my ankle 4 times and tore my ligaments very bad once. They put it in a cast for 8 weeks or so. This happened over 20 years ago so things my be different now.

Section126
04-08-2008, 04:00 PM
You lose strength in your calf and you tend to get sharp pains when you elevate your leg (while watching TV..etc..)

I tore one ligament after a bad sprain. they immobilize your lower leg so you don't do further damage.

It's no biggie...just bothersome.

miamiron
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
THANKS
For the info

Bumpus
04-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Yep. I've torn every ligament in my left ankle twice. Not fun. Keep the swelling down as much as possible so they don't have to wait to put the cast on. If memory serves, I was in a walking cast for about 2 months.

Very important - After you've healed, make sure that you stretch your ankle before any type of strenuous activity. I never used to bother much with stretching (hence the 2nd time) ... hell, now I even stretch my ankles out before bowling.:chuckle:

tucker
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
did you hear a loud pop..thats what it sounded like to me when i tore mine

phinphan896
04-11-2008, 01:12 AM
it happened to my brother playing basketball last year. he wore an ankle support and was in crutches for a few days then had to go to rehab for like two months

EvilDylan
04-11-2008, 10:26 AM
you will be in a walking cast for awhile, then look forward to about 9 weeks of physical therapy. Did blood pool at the bottom or sides of your foot or up into your calf? If not you may not have torn ligaments, but just sprained it badly. I've torn ligaments in my ankle and torn my ACL, and every time you tear a ligament, it will bleed, and blood will pool somewhere.