PDA

View Full Version : Help request: Florida destination wedding locations.

His'nBeatYour'n
04-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Fellow finheaveners, my fiancee and I are planning a destination wedding in Florida for the fall of 2009. We live in New York, though we both lived in Florida when we were kids.
We are planning to go down in June to scout out as many potential cities and resorts as possible.

We are going to start our trip in Orlando, she loves a church there, head over to St. Augustine, then hit as many places as possible on our way down to the Keys.

My dream would be to find a great place in the Keys, though due to hurricane fears, and planning so far ahead, that may not happen unless we absolutely fall in love with a place. But if there is another great Florida location that is as far removed from highway and byway strip mall civilization as the Keys, I'd love to know. Hopefully some of you Florida residents can offer up some ideas. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

SuavePhin
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Get married on the 50 yard line of Dolphins Stadium..........or at least have the bachelor party there ;)

Wildbill3
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Fellow finheaveners, my fiancee and I are planning a destination wedding in Florida for the fall of 2009. We live in New York, though we both lived in Florida when we were kids.
We are planning to go down in June to scout out as many potential cities and resorts as possible.

We are going to start our trip in Orlando, she loves a church there, head over to St. Augustine, then hit as many places as possible on our way down to the Keys.

My dream would be to find a great place in the Keys, though due to hurricane fears, and planning so far ahead, that may not happen unless we absolutely fall in love with a place. But if there is another great Florida location that is as far removed from highway and byway strip mall civilization as the Keys, I'd love to know. Hopefully some of you Florida residents can offer up some ideas. I appreciate any and all suggestions.IF anyone on this site knows of a place for some "peace and um.. quiet" (har har) it would be d-day.... :up:

His'nBeatYour'n
04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Get married on the 50 yard line of Dolphins Stadium..........or at least have the bachelor party there ;)

My fiancee had nixed that idea. I thought she could have a couple cheerleaders as bridesmaids, Marino could be my best man, and Shula could give her away.
Since we have to set the date before the NFL schedule makers get their acts together, I'll have to cross my fingers that the Dolphins have a home game the Sunday before. :up:

Joker2thief
04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.vizcayamuseum.org/
Got married here and made to Joe Robbie for the start of Marino's comeback game against the Pats-still dressed in a tux and wife in her gown-
Congratulations by the way