PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Petition to stop Uwe Boll!!

Phinz420
04-09-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

Uwe Boll recently commented on a petition that was created to stop his atrocities to video game movies. He claims that he will cease directing movies if 1 Million gamers show their displeasure by signing the petition.

For those of you who are unsure of who this train wreck of a director is, he brought us all the lovely film adaptations of BloodRayne, Dungeon Siege, Alone in the Dark, Postal, and the infamous House of the Dead...widely thought of as the worst movie ever made. Coming soon from this satanic baby eater is FarCry, Alone in the Dark 2, and BloodRayne 3.

Why is god allowing this man to direct sequels I shall never know, because most of his movies do not turn any profit. Thanks to some idiotic loop holes in Germany he was able to use German tax dollars to help fund these "films".

Do us all a favor and sign it!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif:banhim:
151,209 Signatures As of this post.

retired opfinistic
04-09-2008, 09:55 PM
So far: 151241 Signatures Total

Phinz420
04-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Tell your friends, pass the word! :lol:

retired opfinistic
04-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I am pretty easily entertained. His movies suck.

CitizenSnips
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
somebody must be making money off this somewhere...somewhere.

thats the only reason i can understand why he keeps getting to make them.

Phinz420
04-10-2008, 01:35 AM
somebody must be making money off this somewhere...somewhere.

thats the only reason i can understand why he keeps getting to make them.

Loop holes in German tax law allow this to happen.

Often you will find that filming in a certain country offers incentives and tax breaks not offered in the US. Usually though, you’ll find that in order to be entitled to them, you have to meet certain conditions, for example filming in that particular country and/or employing a certain percentage of native workers as your film crew. Germany has these incentives but, crucially, no such restrictive requirements put upon them.

But crucially, the bizarre tax laws in Germany mean that any wealthy Germans who invest in a movie can write-off the production cost, delay paying their taxes and generally reduce their tax burden. When you disseminate all the boring legal business law surrounding it the bottom line is this – the German investors in a movie only pay tax on any RETURNS the movie makes, their investment is 100% deductible, so the minute the movie makes a profit, said investor has to start paying tax. Plus the investors can actually borrow money to put towards investment and write that off too.What a wacky world, when someone can continue to make movie after movie...when each one is an utter failure.

SpaceMountain16
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm not going to lie, i have no idea who this guy is, i've never seen any of his movies, or even played the games that he's turned into movies and ruined. But i saw the petition on another site and signed it because i love movements like this! Democracy at work! Heck i helped the Mets get Rick Rolled why not help this cause.

SpaceMountain16
04-12-2008, 02:32 PM
This probably violates forum rules by double posting and bumping an old post, but i came across this video on youtube this morning and HAD to share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCNmfJ1hY

Phinz420
04-12-2008, 04:11 PM
:sidelol:

"Im not a ****ing retard like Michael Bay or Elit Roth"

"You really have to wake up and see me for what I am, I am the only genius in the whole ****ing business, goodbye"

.........LOL

Signatures currently at 187,996

SpaceMountain16
04-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Again i've never even heard of the guy. I'm a big movie fan but i've never seen any of these movies, i guess i'm quite lucky. This guy obviously isn't a genius if 200,000 people are signing this petition to have him stop making movies. Michael Bay is no genius either, but Transformers was a solid movie, Armageddon was a solid movie, they also grossed millions of dollars. This guy hasn't had that success i know that.

CitizenSnips
04-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Again i've never even heard of the guy. I'm a big movie fan but i've never seen any of these movies, i guess i'm quite lucky. This guy obviously isn't a genius if 200,000 people are signing this petition to have him stop making movies. Michael Bay is no genius either, but Transformers was a solid movie, Armageddon was a solid movie, they also grossed millions of dollars. This guy hasn't had that success i know that.

I have a new found respect for Micheal Bay when he did that commercial where he had everything in his house explode. Kinda told me "I know who i am, and I love it." I don't think Micheal Bay thinks hes the greatest director in the world, he just likes to make things explode.

And as long as hes doing movies like Transformers, thats awesome.

SpaceMountain16
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I have a new found respect for Micheal Bay when he did that commercial where he had everything in his house explode. Kinda told me "I know who i am, and I love it." I don't think Micheal Bay thinks hes the greatest director in the world, he just likes to make things explode.

And as long as hes doing movies like Transformers, thats awesome.

Yeah and i'm not expecting Michael Bay's movies to be Scorsese like. Kubrick like. But when this Uwe Boll guy goes around calling himself a genius, then i would expect him to be making movies the caliber of Clockwork Orange and Raging Bull. But he's obviously not since 200,000 people have already risen up against him.

Sethdaddy8
04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
did he do Hitman too? that movie also sucked. HUGE disappointment for me.

Phinz420
04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
did he do Hitman too? that movie also sucked. HUGE disappointment for me.

Thankfully no. As much as I disliked Hitman for ruining a great opportunity to change the status quo on video game-movie adaptations, Uwe Boll would have made it unwatchable like the rest of his films.

Oddly enough, 2 of my friends liked the Hitman film quite a bit. They aren't big fans of the game series, and they had some gripes about the movie..but they enjoyed it a lot more than I did. Probably because I had higher expectations, whether merited or not.

SpaceMountain16
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Perhaps if Boll is ousted, movie directors will stop signing on to do video game movies when they obviously no idea what they are doing. Doom, Hitman and others will be the final casualties, before they make a terrible Gears of War movie, and a terrible Metal Gear movie.

Phinz420
04-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Perhaps if Boll is ousted, movie directors will stop signing on to do video game movies when they obviously no idea what they are doing. Doom, Hitman and others will be the final casualties, before they make a terrible Gears of War movie, and a terrible Metal Gear movie.

I doubt it. In fact, I would put my money on the opposite happening. Even more weak films will be made out of video games. This is simply due to the fact that the video game business is huge, and still growing at a fast rate.

Uwe Boll quitting would simply mean there would guaranteed be a lot less ****ty, unwatchable movies made about Video games, with the licenses that he ruins still being given a chance to succeed in the hands of someone who is more competent.

Max Payne should be out this year I think, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. I wish they would get on a Splinter Cell film, it is definitely the best story out of all the Tom Clancy games to be adapted on screen.