PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I tend to do stupid things with my money

Adam First
04-11-2008, 04:13 AM
Miami Dolphins Pro Shop (http://preview.tinyurl.com/66zufl)

I was scowering on the pro shop website looking for stuff to buy to impress my Giants-loving friends up in Jersey (lol), when I saw this thrown into the sale bin.

If you don't feel like clicking, it's an Reebok authentic Olindo Mare jersey.

For the record, I'm an 18-year-old college dropout working at Publix paying off a credit card and a $5,000+ college loan.

I imagine it's the only one left, and they probably have it in the back covered in dust down at the Pro Shop in Davie.

It should be a premier piece of football memorabilia for anyone. It is in fact an Authentic, and it's been marked down to $75 (from $280). And Mare is an appreciated Dolphins alum, right?

I was at the checkout screen looking for my wallet when I said "WOAH WAIT A MINUTE HERE". Do I really want to spend $111 that I don't have? On a kicker's jersey? On a player that has mocked the Dolphins after unceremoniously being let go?

I would say this time I have been more cautious with my funds.

:err:
Yeah, this post is kind of random, but I had to let it out somewhere.

zachequalsgod
04-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Miami Dolphins Pro Shop (http://preview.tinyurl.com/66zufl)

I was scowering on the pro shop website looking for stuff to buy to impress my Giants-loving friends up in Jersey (lol), when I saw this thrown into the sale bin.

If you don't feel like clicking, it's an Reebok authentic Olindo Mare jersey.

For the record, I'm an 18-year-old college dropout working at Publix paying off a credit card and a $5,000+ college loan.

I imagine it's the only one left, and they probably have it in the back covered in dust down at the Pro Shop in Davie.

It should be a premier piece of football memorabilia for anyone. It is in fact an Authentic, and it's been marked down to $75 (from $280). And Mare is an appreciated Dolphins alum, right?

I was at the checkout screen looking for my wallet when I said "WOAH WAIT A MINUTE HERE". Do I really want to spend $111 that I don't have? On a kicker's jersey? On a player that has mocked the Dolphins after unceremoniously being let go?

I would say this time I have been more cautious with my funds.

:err:
Yeah, this post is kind of random, but I had to let it out somewhere.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/1002_thaaannks-1.jpg
Good for you!!!!

PhinzN703
04-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I personally don't know why anyone would buy spend 280 on a jersey. I mean if you have the cash then great but to me it seems like a lot of dough for something that isn't that much different at a cheaper, lower price (replica).

GridIronKing34
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I personally don't know why anyone would buy spend 280 on a jersey. I mean if you have the cash then great but to me it seems like a lot of dough for something that isn't that much different at a cheaper, lower price (replica).

The main thing with them though, is that they don't fade and wear away like replicas do after a few washes. Maybe that's not a good enough reason for some, but I guess that's why I go ahead and buy the authentic jerseys off of eBay. I mean sure, they're not "the real" deal, but some of them look exactly the same and cost about $50.

Amars
04-11-2008, 01:58 PM

:baghead:

PhinzN703
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
:baghead:

I'm not talking **** about ya man, I just personally don't have any interest in something costing so much.

I went to Modells the other day (sports store) and they had an Authentic Nationals jersey for 185.00.

I saw the exact same jersey, might even of been replica (I couldn't tell) at Marshalls (a discounted department store) for 14.99.

Call me cheap but that's the kinda deals I go for

FinsNCanes
04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Atleast you have money to do stupid stuff with..

I'm broke as ****.

Arsenal WV
04-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I blow my money on Random stuff to as well...

Beer, Hookers, Parking Tickets,

Spray Mucus
04-11-2008, 05:30 PM
that's not stupid.

stupid is hiring a hooker on craigslist for $280 an hour and just talking...

I need to express myself sometimes.

Phinz420
04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
that's not stupid.

:lol:

Stoobz
04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Spending 100s on a JERSEY is why people don't become rich. Think.

greatwade
04-12-2008, 01:11 PM
you should see what I buy

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Straztheman
04-12-2008, 01:24 PM
that's not stupid.

:lol:

Pigskin Pimp
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I've got all Authentics, they are fakes from Korea - but if you've ever been to Korea then you know these are exact duplicates of those sold here. Mitchell and Ness, Licensed NFL, and NBA. If anyone is interested PM me.

I'll ship them at cost and sell em real cheap.

spydertl79
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not a big jersey guy, I prefer to just have shirts and polos with the logo on them. The only jersey I own is authentic- and signed by Dan Marino.