PDA

View Full Version : Who misses the Wannestant Era 2000-2003

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Remember the time from 2000 - 2003

2000 Record 11-5 The big playoff win againts the Colts at Dolphins Staduium Lamar Smith and his 200 plus yards and overtime touchdown.

The Defense best in the NFL!

2001 - Record 11-5 Jay Fielders game winning touchdown against the Raiders in the first game after the 911 terror attacks. Zach Thomas holding the american flag. People starting to take notice of a guy named Jason Taylor. A rookie by the name of Chris Chambers hits the field and becomes an instant star.

2002 - Record 10-6 Run Ricky Run leads the NFL in rusing. Jason Taylor leads the NFL in Sacks! Randy Mac hits the scene. The DOlphins have the No.1 Red Zone offense in the NFL. They Completely Destroyed SCAM CAMERON and the Chargers 30-3. Best 10-6 team to not make the playoffs in NFL History.

2003 - 9-7 More Run Ricky run, more Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Tim Bowens, Daryl Gardner, Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison Wally Ogunleye. No.1 Defense in the NFL!!! ALl the games SOLDOUT and the stadium actually over flowing with fans.

2004-present Nothing but misery with Saban and SCAM.

I miss Wanny and Jay Fielder and the No.1 Defense in the NFL along with the old dreadlocked pot smoking Ricky.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Kdawg954
04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Boy I sure do . . . . remember those great players him and Spiel drafted . . . . who were they again?

X-Pacolypse
04-12-2008, 10:16 PM

2000 Record 11-5 The big playoff win againts the Colts at Dolphins Staduium Lamar Smith and his 200 plus yards and overtime touchdown.

2001 - Record 11-5 Jay Fielders game winning touchdown against the Raiders in the first game after the 911 terror attacks. Zach Thomas holding the american flag. People starting to take notice of a guy named Jason Taylor. A rookie by the name of Chris Chambers hits the field and becomes an instant star.

2002 - Record 10-6 Run Ricky Run leads the NFL in rusing. Jason Taylor leads the NFL in Sacks! Randy Mac hits the scene. The DOlphins have the No.1 Red Zone offense in the NFL. They Completely Destroyed SCAM CAMERON and the Chargers 30-3. Best 10-6 team to not make the playoffs in NFL History.

2003 - 9-7 More Run Ricky run, more Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Tim Bowens, Daryl Gardner, Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison Wally Ogunleye. No.1 Defense in the NFL!!! ALl the games SOLDOUT and the stadium actually over flowing with fans.

I miss Wanny and Jay Fielder and the No.1 Defense in the NFL along with the old dreadlocked pot smoking Ricky.

:banhim2:

Nublar7
04-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I think what you posted really answers your question. You will see that Wannstedt actually inherited a good team from the Jimmy Johnson years and slowly destroyed it during his tenure. Two 11-5 seasons, dropped to 10-6 in year three, then dropped to 9-7 in year four and then dropped again to 4-12 in year five. The drafts during the Wannstedt years are what really set this team back. In fact, Cam Cameron(or as you call Scam Cameron), and Randy Mueller had one of the best drafts since Jimmy Johnson.

Kdawg954
04-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I think what you posted really answers your question. You will see that Wannstedt actually inherited a good team from the Jimmy Johnson years and slowly destroyed it during his tenure. Two 11-5 seasons, dropped to 10-6 in year three, then dropped to 9-7 in year four and then dropped again to 4-12 in year five. The drafts during the Wannstedt years are what really set this team back. In fact, Cam Cameron(or as you call Scam Cameron), and Randy Mueller had one of the best drafts since Jimmy Johnson.

When the bar is set so low by the Wanny era . . . . just hitting on ONE player makes Saban and Cam look like they had solid drafts. Not saying they didn't, but that is how bad Wanny drafted. I don't care how productive Ricky was . . . u don't give up 2 firsts and a third I believe for a RB . . . u just don't . . . Then a second for Feely . . . a third for Gordon . . . and trade a way a STUD DE for Marty Booker.

Wanny DESTROYED a team built by Jimmy Johnson . . . and if we even had DECENT drafts . . .we may have been in a Super Bowl . . . because the Defense was just THAT good.

That front 4 was something serious . . . . And our secondary was the best in the league . . . and we had the smartest MLB in the game . . .

Fiedler was ala Trent Dilfer . . . maybe even better . . . if we just would have drafted some impact players early in the drafts those years . . . . we would have done some damage.

andyahs
04-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Who misses the Wannestant Era
Dave Wannestant :d-day:

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 10:43 PM

I think you are wrong.

Wannestant brought in Jay Fielder who has proven beyond a doubt to the best QB we have had since MARINO!

Wannestant Brought Lamar Smith and Ricky Williams both outstanding rushers.

In his first draft Wannestant expertly identified that we needed to bolster the OLine and he drafted Todd Wade. H

He brought his Chan Gailey and Norv Turner as offensive Coordinators. George Hill and Jim Bates as the defensive Coordinators. He brought Rick Spielman who drafted just recently All Day Adrian Peterson and traded Daunte Culpepper to Nick Saban in 06 for a 2nd round pick which he then used to select Cedric Griffin a pretty good saftey for Vikes. Talk about revenge.

Drafted Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, Vernon Carey, Tony Bua, Wes Welker and a host of other great players.

The only thing UALL want to remember is the 2004 season and you want to blame Wanny for all of our current misery when only 1 person is to blame for everything. No its not George W Bush. Its SCAM CAMERON he threw away all of our good players and left us with his muck.

X-Pacolypse
04-12-2008, 10:55 PM
I think you are wrong.

Wannestant brought in Jay Fielder who has proven beyond a doubt to the best QB we have had since MARINO!

In his first draft Wannestant expertly identified that we needed to bolster the OLine and he drafted Todd Wade. H

He brought his Chan Gailey and Norv Turner as offensive Coordinators. George Hill and Jim Bates as the defensive Coordinators. He brought Rick Spielman who drafted just recently All Day Adrian Peterson and traded Daunte Culpepper to Nick Saban in 06 for a 2nd round pick which he then used to select Cedric Griffin a pretty good saftey for Vikes. Talk about revenge.

Drafted Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, Vernon Carey, Tony Bua, Wes Welker and a host of other great players.

The only thing UALL want to remember is the 2004 season and you want to blame Wanny for all of our current misery when only 1 person is to blame for everything. No its not George W Bush. Its SCAM CAMERON he threw away all of our good players and left us with his muck.

:spamattac

csabe
04-12-2008, 11:00 PM
:rickybrow

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Scam Cameron and Randy had a solid draft????

What do you call passing on Brady Quinn and taking Mauia in the 3rd round.

Kiick72
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Forget it Soap. I don't think you're going to find anyone to bite on this. Nope!

umpalu
04-12-2008, 11:15 PM

hahahaha as I do love this same response to everything she posts, just block her like I have. Life is much more peaceful on these boards when you do.

SR 7
04-12-2008, 11:15 PM

i just rem the sold out stadiums we used to have. boy whens the last time we've seen that. and man did that tim bowens gardner adn bunch just make me sad as i had forgotten how good this team was. MEMORIES seems light years ago.

SR 7
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Scam Cameron and Randy had a solid draft????

What do you call passing on Brady Quinn and taking Mauia in the 3rd round.

mauia didnt get drafted in round 3. times 3 by 2 buddy.

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
:silverphin:

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 11:20 PM
hahahaha as I do love this same response to everything she posts, just block her like I have. Life is much more peaceful on these boards when you do.

SHE IS A HE green water horse gay thingy :lol:

endorPHINS72
04-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Soapy -- I really get the feeling that you're playing games here. I now believe that you hate Brady Quinn and are saying such ridiculous and off the wall crap about Brady just to get those who don't hate Brady to despise him.

And as for missing Wannstedt, we went 11-5 in 2000 and 2001, 9-7 in 2002 and 10-6 in 2003 and don't forget that 4-12 cluster**** in 2004. Wannstedt was handed a loded team that just needed a QB and he neglected it time after time.

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Soapy -- I really get the feeling that you're playing games here. I now believe that you hate Brady Quinn and are saying such ridiculous and off the wall crap about Brady just to get those who don't hate Brady to despise him.

And as for missing Wannstedt, we went 11-5 in 2000 and 2001, 9-7 in 2002 and 10-6 in 2003 and don't forget that 4-12 cluster**** in 2004. Wannstedt was handed a loded team that just needed a QB and he neglected it time after time.

No we went 11-5 in 2000 and 2001 and made the playoff both years. I am season ticket holder and native Miamian. :woot:

Google it.

Everyone knows I love Brady Quinn and hate SCAM. In fact I pray everyday that Derek Anderson blows out his knee so that Brady can play for the Browns and show every Dolphin fan that we passed on a future hall of famer.

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 11:46 PM
He was handed a loaded team and then added to it. What derailed us was that we were counting 110% on Ricky Williams and then he could not play and the team was not prepared to play games without their franchise player. The whole offense revolved around ricky without him we were ****ed.

SCAM Cameron was also handed a loaded team that Saban was building. Saban had built a great defense and special teams unit and SCAM just tossed away the players.

X-Pacolypse
04-12-2008, 11:50 PM
He was handed a loaded team and then added to it. What derailed us was that we were counting 110% on Ricky Williams and then he could not play and the team was not prepared to play games without their franchise player. The whole offense revolved around ricky without him we were ****ed.

SCAM Cameron was also handed a loaded team that Saban was building. Saban had built a great defense and special teams unit and SCAM just tossed away the players.

:wacky:

BARF
04-12-2008, 11:53 PM
that was the best era since the shula years, just too bad wannstache did not know how to use fiedler, he worked to fiedlers weakness instead of his strengths, if that was done we would have been the afc championship game every year under wannstache

slipperysoap
04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
:wacky:

You hate Slippery Soap but you cant stop reading my posts. YOU CANT TURN IT OFF.:lol::sidelol::lol::woot:

13marino13
04-12-2008, 11:58 PM

I hope this is a joke.

slipperysoap
04-13-2008, 12:56 AM
I hope this is a joke.

No not a joke. :tongue:

$$BWCJR78$$
04-13-2008, 01:02 AM
I think you are wrong.

he did not draft wes welker, he was w/ san diego and they let him go in camp then we picked him up.

Green Phin
04-13-2008, 01:04 AM

These pot smoking friends of Ricky are so funny.

retired opfinistic
04-13-2008, 01:11 AM
You mean Wanny Error, not Era, right?

cafinfan408
04-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Wanny did NOTHING for the dolphins.. NOTHING. He was handed a GREAT D and did NOTHING with it.. I dont call taking a very good team to the playoffs good work.. I believe our D was as good as the Ravens when they went and Ricky was just as good as Jamal. And from what i hear a good D and running game is all you really need. But the Gameplans for the playoffs were soooo bad

csabe
04-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Wanny has some decent talent a Pitt and can barely win a game.

Funkymonks
04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
I think you are wrong.

We were already in roster hell before Cameron was brought in. If you are blaming Cam for the situation we are in now, then it is you who is wrong. Those people who wannstedt brought in a quaterback who was in way over his head (I love jay though, great heart and drive but not a starting qb), a running back that cost us possibly 2 first round players and the 2004 season, an underachieving WR with the dropsies, another underachiever(this time a TE) who liked to beat his wife and also had the dropsies, Tony Bua (really were giving him credit for this guy? the only thing i remember him doing is leveling someone on a kick returen), and wes welker the only guy who actually went on to do something out of that entire group. No it is Jimmy Johnson that should be praised for those good years we had. Wanny just rode the wave and drove us into the ground.

dolfan06
04-13-2008, 02:05 PM

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:say what!

#1 Fan
04-13-2008, 02:33 PM
You hate Slippery Soap but you cant stop reading my posts. YOU CANT TURN IT OFF.:lol::sidelol::lol::woot:

yeah seriously. this guy posts multiple times in all your threads. he must be a big fan

Mike13
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
What do you call passing on Brady Quinn and taking Mauia in the 3rd round

We took Mauia in the 6th, can someone ban this dip****?