PDA

View Full Version : College field trip visits legal brothel

BAMAPHIN 22
04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Nicki Amouri hands her camera to a friend, throws her arm over another and smiles wide as she leans in for a shot with the monument her class came to visit.

It's a typical field trip memento -- except that Amouri is visiting a brothel. The monument is a fluffy, queen-sized bed in a Western-themed party room reserved for VIPs and big spenders.

Amouri was one of a dozen Randolph College students who took a tour last week of the Chicken Ranch, a legal bordello in the desert 60 miles outside Las Vegas. The class trip, which included seminars from the working girls, capped a course on American consumption and "the ideas that consume us."

"I think it's fascinating, this is fun for me," said Amouri, a junior at the private liberal arts school in Lynchburg, Virginia, that until last year admitted only women. "Not many people get to do this."

Academic and media inquiries are daily occurrences at many of Nevada's 27 legal brothels. Some shy away from the scrutiny; others, like the Chicken Ranch, welcome the publicity.

"We're always open to trying to educate the public about legalized prostitution," said Chicken Ranch general manager Debbie Rivenburgh, who acknowledged this was the first class tour request she'd received in 21 years.
:beer1:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/04/14/brothel.field.trip.ap/index.html

arsenal
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
:hi5:

Clipse
04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
For ****'s sake... I live in Roanoke, about 45 minutes from Lynchburgh...I wanna go :boohoo:

Dolfan32323
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I hope all Virginia universities do this next year.

Dolphins7273
04-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Why didn't we have those kinds of field trips when I was in school? I got stuck with the circus, boring museums, and the art galleries on Lincoln Road.

Clipse
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I hope all Virginia universities do this next year.
Really because I go to Radford University

tucker
04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Why didn't we have those kinds of field trips when I was in school? I got stuck with the circus, boring museums, and the art galleries on Lincoln Road.
b/c its a college field trip?

Dolfan32323
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Really because I go to Radford University
awesome dude, ill be up at william and mary this fall. can't wait

trate121
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM
ill make sure to get one out if i ever take that field trip