PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Digital TV? You're Not Alone

BAMAPHIN 22
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
As "D Day" for the transition from analog TV signals to digital ones nears, everyone from consumers to retailers to the government seems to be either confused or frustrated about how to handle the switch.

Televisions that receive their programming via "rabbit ear" antennas, instead of cable or satellite service, will no longer receive broadcast programming.
The switch also means that eventually so-called "tube" televisions will become obsolete, at least for watching live programming. But that fact, along with warnings from the Federal Communications Commission, hasn't stopped some retailers from selling the outmoded technology.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=4656263&page=1

rayephin
04-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I mean they have been saying this for a long time that this was going to happen. And everytime it was brought up, you would see TV sales going like they were out of style.

What do you think?

m i n o
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I mean they have been saying this for a long time that this was going to happen. And everytime it was brought up, you would see TV sales going like they were out of style.

What do you think?
i think the new t.v's hd wise or other are getting pricingly out of hand. im in the market for a new tv but jimminey cricket the cheapest one so far is like 400 dollars for a 22"(looking for 37"). that is insane when just 3 yrs ago i bought a regular t.v 27" for 150 bucks. especially when the difference in quality is very little. so you can see sweat on a person..i can do that with the reg.tv i have now. i suppose if my eye sight was 20/20 there might be a slightly better picture but to me it's not worth the 400-1200 dollars they are being sold for.

WeVie
04-16-2008, 07:30 AM
i think the new t.v's hd wise or other are getting pricingly out of hand. im in the market for a new tv but jimminey cricket the cheapest one so far is like 400 dollars for a 22"(looking for 37"). that is insane when just 3 yrs ago i bought a regular t.v 27" for 150 bucks. especially when the difference in quality is very little. so you can see sweat on a person..i can do that with the reg.tv i have now. i suppose if my eye sight was 20/20 there might be a slightly better picture but to me it's not worth the 400-1200 dollars they are being sold for.

I guess it depends on the person but I think the picture is difference is like night and day. I would hate to have to go back to an old school tv. To me it is like comparing bad eye sight. watching standard tv is like needing glasses and watching hd is like have perfect eye sight again. Watching football is a totally different experenice. It is unreal but like I say, some people care about things like this and others don't.

m i n o
04-16-2008, 08:55 AM
I guess it depends on the person but I think the picture is difference is like night and day. I would hate to have to go back to an old school tv. To me it is like comparing bad eye sight. watching standard tv is like needing glasses and watching hd is like have perfect eye sight again. Watching football is a totally different experenice. It is unreal but like I say, some people care about things like this and others don't.
yeah thats pretty much how i feelabout it..being in the eye of the beholder. as long as i can see my team score in color i could care less about seeing the dew on the grass. and sure the picture is a little bit better but to me it's not a 3-400 dollar difference that i feel is worth. the extra 300 bucks i save can be used for the purchase of sunday ticket. so while your going "oh the orange on their jersey is so vibrant" im going "did you see that run by brown!!". or i could use that money on a road trip and see the phins live.
but in the end i like most others will break down and buy one eventually. payment plans are a good thing.

banzaitrey
04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I bought myself a 42" plasma and I am so glad I did...I was able to get it for 700 as it was an open-box at Sam's Club...I don't think I could go back to having a regular t.v...Playing Xbox 360 is so much more enjoyable as is watching any kind of sport....I really don't know how I lived without Hd and Tivo now that I have both

Phinz420
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
While I see the point some of you are making. I just can't agree. Even to this day, I will load up a retro old school game or movie even though the visuals are terrible in comparison to newer generation games or movies in HD. There is a hell of a lot more to entertaining me than simply having "OOHHH SHINY".

Specifically for Football though, it does look amazing....

-These ****ing ads at the new finheaven are killing me :lol:

Phin-o-rama
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
some of the ads make noise and **** ...wtf is that?

and adblock in FF wont block them :(