PDA

View Full Version : The time I went blind

Bobby Humphrey
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I don’t think I have ever told you guys about the time I went blind, so here it is ………

It was many moons ago when I still lived at home with mommy Humphrey. I was sitting in the basement watching TV. The day before I was throwing a football in the basement and had thrown the football into the light bulb in the room. The TV was starting to hurt my eyes. So I decided to put a new bulb in. I went upstairs and got a potato. I cut it in half, got a 3 step ladder and stuck the cut side in the broken off socket. I had no problem taking out the broken part and putting in the new bulb. After I did this it still didn’t work. So I went and got my dad’s trouble light and a screw driver. I took off the cover and found that the impact of the football must have pulled a wire loose. So in reached in with the screw driver and poked the wire. The next thing I new I was laying on the floor on my back. I was rocked, my whole body hurt. I don’t know what hurt me more, the shock or the landing, but I was groggy. I laid there in a world of hurt. I slowly opened my eyes, and, Oh NO, I’m blind!! ! I thought to myself as all I saw was blackness. My heart started to race as my eyes no longer worked. In a groggy panic I struggled to my feet looking for the phone. I was bumping into things because I couldn’t see and I was in a panic. Finally I found the phone. I tried to dial my grandma’s but was having trouble without being able to look at the phone. Than I noticed something threw the small window of the basement. LIGHT!!! I could see the house next door had it’s back porch light on. In my shocked state I dropped the phone and just stood there staring at the miracle of light. I collected my thoughts and realized that I had thrown a breaker causing the TV and light to go out, I didn’t go blind.

I didn’t go to the doctor till the next day, but the doctor said that I was fine. He thought I only had a slight concussion from hitting my head, that’s it.

Dolfan32323
04-15-2008, 06:31 PM
lol

d-day
04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
how many canadians does take it to screw in a lightbulb?

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/member.php?u=632

Bobby Humphrey
04-16-2008, 04:51 AM
how many canadians does take it to screw in a lightbulb?

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/member.php?u=632

You just did that to show everyone that I have no friends ....... un-called for really .......