PDA

View Full Version : The dying of a rivarly

BuffaloSoldier2
04-15-2008, 11:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807c65c8&template=with-video&confirm=true

Some people up here have been going crazy about what a slpa in the face this is. Personally, I think the rivarly has been slowing dying over the last several years. Between both teams being average to below average, the Bills winning 6 in a row, and not many star players, it just ins't what it used to be.

IMO, it was the best rivarly during the late 80s and 90s. After the Bills went 0 for the 70s (which I wasn't alive for), people up here literrally hated the Fins. But the last 2 seasons, we have sold out almost every other game yet struggle to sell out the Miami games.

As I said before, it really isn't that big of a deal to myself. But it is a little sad when something begins to die. What are some of your guys thoughts???

Dolfan1000
04-15-2008, 11:48 PM
It'll be back. Give it a year or so. If it makes you feel better, I hate you and I hate the Jills.

popularwar
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
It'll be back. Give it a year or so. If it makes you feel better, I hate you and I hate the Jills.
:lol: Classy.

To be honest, the Bills are the team I hate least in the division. Maybe it's because Jets fans are always *******s at games and because the media crams Brady down everyone's throats.

BuffaloSoldier2
04-16-2008, 12:02 AM

Thanks, I needed that. :hi5:

cafinfan408
04-16-2008, 12:10 AM
honestly i pretty much dislike all the division opp on the same level. Maybe because they all kick our azz as of late. But Trust me a sweep of the bills would feel the same as a sweep of the jets. And really prob the same as a sweep of the pats... but if that were to happen (witch i know it wont) it would prob just feel a lil but better because espn would show it over and over.

13Dolfan87
04-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Here's to hoping our two teams dominate the East again soon and the Jets and Pats piss off.

Dolphins7273
04-16-2008, 12:31 AM
I still hate the Bills as much as I did back in '93.

General Tso
04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I still hate the Bills just as much as when they broke my heart in the AFC Championship game in the early 90's. I'd be a little disappointed if Bills fans no longer felt that same hate.

dabeastdabone
04-16-2008, 12:46 AM
No offense, but the Jets have been kicking the Fins Butts even longer than the Bills.

Oddly enough I think if Miami has a "rival" it might be New England, at least from the Fins aspect. There really isn't anything to play for vs. the Bills or Jets lately, we all suck. At least the Pats are more a "thump your chest" win.

FinAtic8480
04-16-2008, 12:49 AM
I still hate the Bills,Jets and PAts no matter what. The rivalry is not what it used to be, but you try going to a BIlls, Jets or Pats game down here in Miami. It gets pretty ugly, fights aways break out.

umpalu
04-16-2008, 01:01 AM

as much as I should hate you for this comment I couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Its like 2 boxers laying on the ring both being counted out and still talking trash to each other while throwing 2mph punches that miss target. I will give you a thanks for this one, even though you are a bills fan.

Dolfan1000
04-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I guess some people didn't see the humor in my post. And here I was thinking it was obvious.

Dolfan1000
04-16-2008, 01:12 AM
PS I am NOT a Jills fan. Dont know how that was perceived (or why, considering my name is Dolfan1000 and my avatar is a Miami Dolphins logo).

umpalu
04-16-2008, 01:24 AM
PS I am NOT a Jills fan. Dont know how that was perceived (or why, considering my name is Dolfan1000 and my avatar is a Miami Dolphins logo).

Sorry didn't get it until you put this and then looked at the thread starter and it was a bills fan. The joke was funny the way I perceived it, now it is kind of offensive to attack other fans that didn't attack you first. I will retract my thanks, again, my bad.

X-Pacolypse
04-16-2008, 01:48 AM
In case anybody forgot what BILLS stands for.

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Super Bowls

Bills suck!
Pats suck!
Jets REALLY suck! In fact, they suck worse than the movie Alexander.

NyPhan23
04-16-2008, 01:50 AM
heh yea... being from the buffalo area ive deffinitely noticed the same thing. Being a dolphins fan as a young lad was quite rough for me with all of the bills fans around, but its not so bad anymore. And personally... I certainly don't hate the bills anywheres near as much as i used to... im pretty sure its because all of that hate has been focused on the patriots nowadays.

kud
04-16-2008, 02:41 AM
You know, you should really be more concerned with losing your franchise to Toronto. That's gotta be difficult. Even though you Fluffalo fans are a waste of oxygen in my opinion, I feel for you, because i'd hate to lose my team.

As for the rivalry, it's still there for us. Mostly because you kick our ***** everytime out, so it just makes our fans hate your team more. It's hard to have a rivalry with a team that's been as awful as we have for the better half of a decade. But you'll learn to despise us once we rightside the ship again.

retired opfinistic
04-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I still hate the Bills. I still wipe my ass with Jim Kelly Jerseys from the Goodwill store. I still make hamburgers with poached buffalo meat.

arsenal
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
yeah i despise the bills more than any other AFC east team... the only dying in this rivalry will be whichever lame duck QB you wanna throw back there as he gets crushed into a buffalo burger by JT and Porter

finsrclowns
04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I still hate the fins with the white hot fury of a thousand suns. But moving the game to Toronto is a kick in the gut.:(

retired opfinistic
04-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I still hate the fins with the white hot fury of a thousand suns. But moving the game to Toronto is a kick in the gut.:(
You forgot: :lol:

Vertical Limit
04-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, once the Bills move to Los Angelas and go to another division, then it will be dead.

Nublar7
04-16-2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807c65c8&template=with-video&confirm=true

Some people up here have been going crazy about what a slpa in the face this is. Personally, I think the rivarly has been slowing dying over the last several years. Between both teams being average to below average, the Bills winning 6 in a row, and not many star players, it just ins't what it used to be.

IMO, it was the best rivarly during the late 80s and 90s. After the Bills went 0 for the 70s (which I wasn't alive for), people up here literrally hated the Fins. But the last 2 seasons, we have sold out almost every other game yet struggle to sell out the Miami games.

As I said before, it really isn't that big of a deal to myself. But it is a little sad when something begins to die. What are some of your guys thoughts???Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Bills have won the last four, not six.

Justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 10:49 AM
I still hate the Bills. I still wipe my ass with Jim Kelly Jerseys from the Goodwill store. I still make hamburgers with poached buffalo meat.

I always knew you were trailer trash.

Yo, there's such a thing as toilet paper and beef.

You should really upgrade to a bathroom instead of insisting on using your outhouse.

retired opfinistic
04-16-2008, 10:53 AM
I always knew you were trailer trash.

Yo, there's such a thing as toilet paper and beef.

You should really upgrade to a bathroom instead of insisting on using your outhouse.
:lol:

TP would take the fun out of it. And why kill a perfectly good cow when there's a worthless Buffalo ready to be slaughtered?

3W
04-16-2008, 11:39 AM

That thing must be awfully crusty by now. I do understand your bitterness considering the way Kelly bitchslapped Marino and Shula for most of his career.

retired opfinistic
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
That thing must be awfully crusty by now. I do understand your bitterness considering the way Kelly bitchslapped Marino and Shula for most of his career.
I've been thinking of trading it in for some surplus New England Patriots 19-0 T-shirts.

BobDole
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been thinking of trading it in for some surplus New England Patriots 19-0 T-shirts.

you don't need to trade that in. they'll just give you as many of those shirts as you want. no questions asked. just take em.

retired opfinistic
04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
you don't need to trade that in. they'll just give you as many of those shirts as you want. no questions asked. just take em.
:wink:

BlueFin
04-16-2008, 02:17 PM

As I said before, it really isn't that big of a deal to myself. But it is a little sad when something begins to die. What are some of your guys thoughts???

I remember 0 for the 70's, 20 straight, OJ Simpson and the Electric Company never beat the Miami Dolphins.........ahhhhh!

Justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
I remember 0 for the 70's, 20 straight, OJ Simpson and the Electric Company never beat the Miami Dolphins.........ahhhhh!

how about lately? That's right fishy, ya'll are our beeyatch!

Para los fans de Little Havana Delfines , " meeyami delfines es me Pu-ta"

finsrclowns
04-16-2008, 03:18 PM

Cool beans. Hitting us with 30 year old smack is really playing rough.:lol:

BlueFin
04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I heard you Bison Humpers were a little soft.

Dolfan32323
04-16-2008, 04:32 PM
as much as i hate buffalo i feel this is a great rivalry and the fact that they will be playing in toronto (which i am excited about, possibly seeing the fins at the rogers centre) is a real shame because the game deserves to be in buffalo

finsrclowns
04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, I heard you Bison Humpers were a little soft.

What's soft is that space between your ears that you could jam a pencil into one side and not touch anything until it came out the other.:lol:

Colorado Dolfan
04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Cool beans. Hitting us with 30 year old smack is really playing rough.:lol:

30 year old smack...

Seriously what has either team done in the past 30 years?

Besides lose a bunch of Super Bowls? :lol:

I'm just excited that the 'Phins are the first team to play in the Bills' new town... :up:

finsrclowns
04-19-2008, 11:12 PM
30 year old smack...

Seriously what has either team done in the past 30 years?

Besides lose a bunch of Super Bowls? :lol:

I'm just excited that the 'Phins are the first team to play in the Bills' new town... :up:

It ain't our new town. Ralph's just putting a few extra bucks in his bill fold for his old age.:lol: