PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV Downloadable Content may include entire cities

CitizenSnips
04-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't buy it, but it'd be sick

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/19/rumor-gta-iv-dlc-may-include-entirely-new-cities/

The latest, Microsoft-endorsed, Grand Theft Auto IV special edition issue of Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/) magazine suggests that the 360 DLC is to the perfect scoring GTA IV (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/14/first-grand-theft-auto-iv-review-perfect-10/) as "Vice City or San Andreas were [to] GTA III," and later, in simpler terms, "Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities" for the title (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167463).

SpaceMountain16
04-19-2008, 10:57 PM
that would be incredible.....

Brown42000
04-20-2008, 12:03 AM
I doubt it and if true the price tag would likely be way too high.

CitizenSnips
04-20-2008, 12:08 AM
I doubt it and if true the price tag would likely be way too high.

i dont doubt that this game is going to have some massive DLC since M$ spent so much on getting it, but entires cities is something else.

burger13
04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
per Friday 'interview' on Opie and Anthony....Rockstar is already working on mission packs for summer release.

Question posed was 'what platform would it be better to get GTA IV for' and the Rockstar guy (Laslo?) said 360 because of the DLC.

CitizenSnips
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
per Friday 'interview' on Opie and Anthony....Rockstar is already working on mission packs for summer release.

Question posed was 'what platform would it be better to get GTA IV for' and the Rockstar guy (Laslo?) said 360 because of the DLC.

hands down. It was pretty ballsy of M$ to buy the DLC.

Phinz420
04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
hands down. It was pretty ballsy of M$ to buy the DLC.

My buddy who owns a 360 refuses to buy GTA4 for his console. Every time I mention the DLC he tells me how much that doesn't matter to him, and hes buying a PS3 mostly just for GTA4. I know he sounds crazy, but he is pretty adamant about it.

CitizenSnips
04-21-2008, 03:16 PM
My buddy who owns a 360 refuses to buy GTA4 for his console. Every time I mention the DLC he tells me how much that doesn't matter to him, and hes buying a PS3 mostly just for GTA4. I know he sounds crazy, but he is pretty adamant about it.

It would merit the purchase of a PS3. Not starting a war here, but outside of MGS4 later this year, GTA is the biggest and probably will be the best game on the PS3. He may just be using GTA to mentally motivate him to purchase the system.

Phinz420
04-21-2008, 03:27 PM
It would merit the purchase of a PS3. Not starting a war here, but outside of MGS4 later this year, GTA is the biggest and probably will be the best game on the PS3. He may just be using GTA to mentally motivate him to purchase the system.

I don't think I can justify spending that kind of cash(even with the price drop) until more titles are available. But I will say that the PS3 certainly has a bright future coming soon.

Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Socom 4, God of War 3, and Killzone 2. That's from the top of my head, Im sure I left out some exclusives there. When you add those into the multi-platform games like GTA4, Resident Evil 5, etc...the PS3 certainly holds it's own weight.

Unfortunately none of those damn games are out yet, and had they been Sony might be selling a lot more hardware than they are now, despite the recent uptrend of sales they have had.

CitizenSnips
04-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't think I can justify spending that kind of cash(even with the price drop) until more titles are available. But I will say that the PS3 certainly has a bright future coming soon.

Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Socom 4, God of War 3, and Killzone 2. That's from the top of my head, Im sure I left out some exclusives there. When you add those into the multi-platform games like GTA4, Resident Evil 5, etc...the PS3 certainly holds it's own weight.

Unfortunately none of those damn games are out yet, and had they been Sony might be selling a lot more hardware than they are now, despite the recent uptrend of sales they have had.

well sony knows the console battle is a marathon not a sprint.

Get Up And Go
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
well sony knows the console battle is a marathon not a sprint.

Some of those games won't come out til 09 so Sony has it covered.

Miami 13
04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
It will NOT be cities, I mean come on. It was said to be 10 extra hours of missions. I could care less about the DLC anyway so no big deal at all. Microsoft is just so desperate it's funny. It will be funny also with all the dead 360's in 2 weeks after the release of GTA IV.

burger13
04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
It will NOT be cities, I mean come on. It was said to be 10 extra hours of missions. I could care less about the DLC anyway so no big deal at all. Microsoft is just so desperate it's funny. It will be funny also with all the dead 360's in 2 weeks after the release of GTA IV.

whether you want it or not.....it's always better to have the option to get it. :up:

SarahAnn
04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
You guys talk about the DLC as if its only on 360. The exclusivity is only a timed one. I believe its timed at 6 months. Also not all the DLC is covered in the agreement, only bonus missions are covered. Anything else can be released on both systems at the same time (IE: maps, cars, guns, safehouses, multiplayer modes...) I dont have a link as I read it back when the release was still 10/06/07

CitizenSnips
04-21-2008, 11:15 PM
You guys talk about the DLC as if its only on 360. The exclusivity is only a timed one. I believe its timed at 6 months. Also not all the DLC is covered in the agreement, only bonus missions are covered. Anything else can be released on both systems at the same time (IE: maps, cars, guns, safehouses, multiplayer modes...) I dont have a link as I read it back when the release was still 10/06/07

Well 6 months is an eternity to a game like this. This game will no longer be talked about by then. I mean thats after MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc etc.

Also, i dont buy that PS3 will have DLC. M$ spent a hell of a lot of money for DLC, i can't imagine they only got missions. I could be wrong of course but there's probably a reason M$ is pumping GTAs DLC more then they are GTA itself.

Phinz420
04-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Also, i dont buy that PS3 will have DLC. M$ spent a hell of a lot of money for DLC, i can't imagine they only got missions. I could be wrong of course but there's probably a reason M$ is pumping GTAs DLC more then they are GTA itself.

MS only made the deal for the 2 DLC Episodes.(both supposed to be released in 08)

That doesn't mean anything for future plans.

Miami 13
04-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Well 6 months is an eternity to a game like this. This game will no longer be talked about by then. I mean thats after MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc etc.

Are you crazy? This game will be talked about for years and years, people still play and talk about San Andreas. I mean San Andreas is still #8th on GAMEFAQS Top 10 FAQ Boards for all console and PC games.

muscle979
04-22-2008, 09:52 AM

You must be mistaken if you think 360 has exclusive rights to ALL downloadable content for GTA4. That's just not the case.

They're just pushing what they do have just like any other business.

CitizenSnips
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok, after some research, Microsoft owns the rights to two exclusive episodes for GTA. The real question is of course, how big are these episodes supposed to be. Again, like i said before, M$ spent $50 million for these episodes, so I imagine the content is going to be pretty impressive. No matter how you spin it, the 360 version will be better because of this. Which was the point originally.

As for GTA San Andreas being top 10 on gamefaqs, it's been re-released on the PS2 (They released the trilogy together last year i think), re-released on the PC, and re-released on the Xbox. That game got around. ALSO, that same list has includes Pokemon Diamond at #3.

Itsdahumidity
11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Here's an update:

'Grand Theft Auto' yields road to the 'Lost and Damned'

"The upcoming episode of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV looks to be a wild one."

"This new episode, available Feb. 17 via download exclusively for those who own the Xbox 360 version (no price yet), stars Johnny Klebitz, a member of Liberty City biker gang The Lost."

"...the story will show you a different side of Liberty City,"
says Dan Houser, vice president of creative development for Rockstar Games.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-11-19-gta-damned_N.htm

Tetragrammaton
11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Here's an update:

'Grand Theft Auto' yields road to the 'Lost and Damned'

"The upcoming episode of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV looks to be a wild one."

"This new episode, available Feb. 17 via download exclusively for those who own the Xbox 360 version (no price yet), stars Johnny Klebitz, a member of Liberty City biker gang The Lost."

"...the story will show you a different side of Liberty City,"
says Dan Houser, vice president of creative development for Rockstar Games.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-11-19-gta-damned_N.htm

Wow. Sounds amazing. And us PS3 owners are left in the dust.

Greatness920
11-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow. Sounds amazing. And us PS3 owners are left in the dust.

dont worry bro we got our resistance and our lbg and bunch of other games to keep us occupied just go pick up fallout and ull forget all about gta4

Itsdahumidity
12-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Grand Theft Auto IV - The Lost And Damned - Video Game Awards Teaser Trailer

3siKCShJT7Y

FinFanAlex
12-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't see anything special about this GTA IV downloadable content for the xbox 360.

Itsdahumidity
01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Another update:

GTA IV: The Lost and Damned Hands-On
Running roughshod over all other downloadable content.

"The release of GTA IV: The Lost and Damned on February 17 is going to change the way people think about DLC."

"...it is as close to a full new game as I've seen for "add-on content."

"...While we haven't been given any details on the multiplayer, we're told it's as robust an offering as the single-player."

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/947/947252p1.html

maccachief
02-22-2009, 09:50 AM
it also comes with full frontal male nudity. near the end of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiHSyWlziQc