PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home Delayed again

DisturbedShifty
04-22-2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/684767/PlayStation_Home_Delayed.html

If you're staring at your calendar, marking off the days until PlayStation Home is released, you're going to be very unhappy here: The PlayStation 3 service is being delayed again.

"We understand that we are asking PS3 and prospective PS3 users to wait a bit longer, but we have come to the conclusion that we need more time to refine the service to ensure a more focused gaming entertainment experience than what it is today," said Kazuo Hirai, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. in a statement. "Our overarching objective is to provide users with new gaming experiences that are available only on PlayStation Home. Spending more time on the development and on the Closed Beta testing reaffirms our commitment to bringing a quality service, maintaining the PlayStationtradition."

But it's not all bad. Sony is expanding the Closed Beta testing for PlayStation Home in Summer 2008, inviting a further number of registrants to check it out. Following completion of the Expanded Closed Beta test, the PLAYSTATION Home Open Beta service will commence in Fall 2008.
Apparently, Sony is taking the feedback of users seriously and implementing improvements based on user suggestions.

CitizenSnips
04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
I feel like HOME is something i would find incredibly cool at first, and then never use again. I love the idea, and it looks like its gonna be real cool, but not entirely useful.

Get Up And Go
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Its never coming out. I have come to terms with that.:boohoo:

footballer
04-22-2008, 09:04 PM
xbox 360 "home" is pretty good. you should try it. btw the better version of GTA4 is on microsofts system. go get one.

burger13
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
excuse my ignorance on this.....but what is it exactly? I did a quick search and it looked sort of similar to 'The Crib' from the 2k sports games? not too big of a deal if that's what it is.

Phin-o-rama
04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
excuse my ignorance on this.....but what is it exactly? I did a quick search and it looked sort of similar to 'The Crib' from the 2k sports games? not too big of a deal if that's what it is.

it's supposed to be sony's answer to xbox live

vaporware imo

Brown42000
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
xbox 360 "home" is pretty good. you should try it. btw the better version of GTA4 is on microsofts system. go get one.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/reminder_big-1.jpg

Miami 13
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Please explain how it is better on 360 without using the letters, 'DLC' because I really don't care about that. I will also continue to enjoy my free online on my PS3.

CitizenSnips
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Please explain how it is better on 360 without using the letters, 'DLC' because I really don't care about that. I will also continue to enjoy my free online on my PS3.

"Tell me how its better, without using what makes it better in the argument"

Without the DLC argument, it's the EXACT same game.

Phin-o-rama
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM

well off the top of my head, and im not sure which version i'll get...

but one thing i am waiting to hear about is how well each systems multiplayer works....XBL is a more proven infrastructure that is in place for online community interaction, thus, it's only common sense to expect it to perform better in that area...

just have to wait and see on that.

360's supposed to be more vibrant or something i read...other than that it will be identical...if you dont care about DLC, then it prolly wouldn't be better to you....those who want to experience all the gta4 there is to offer would of course be better off with the 360 version as they will be able to aquire stuff that the ps3 won't....

Get Up And Go
04-23-2008, 09:28 AM

Playstation home will not be the same as the Xbox live GUI. Its going to be kinda like second life. Its supposed to be way more interactive amongst users than XBL.

muscle979
04-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the spam.

SarahAnn
04-25-2008, 06:05 PM
"Tell me how its better, without using what makes it better in the argument"

Without the DLC argument, it's the EXACT same game.

Then its the same game cause the 360 DLC is simply a timed exclusive. Plus most of the DLC is coming to both at the same time, the only DLC covered in the deal was episodic content (ie: new missions)

muscle979
04-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Then its the same game cause the 360 DLC is simply a timed exclusive. Plus most of the DLC is coming to both at the same time, the only DLC covered in the deal was episodic content (ie: new missions)

Shhhh, don't tell anybody. I've seen people on other sites that think 360 owners will get exclusive extra cities and junk to download. People really take things and run with them sometimes.

muscle979
04-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Back to the topic, I don't think that many people are standing by their calendars waiting for Home. It's just something that could be cool that will eventually be released. It's not the reason I or anybody else I know bought a PS3. It's just a bonus.

CitizenSnips
04-26-2008, 10:33 AM

(ie: the reason to play the game after you beat it)

Seriously, the whole point of DLC is to try and get you to play the game again after your done with it. Episodes will do that. New cars, guns and maybe maps will not. Whats the point of that stuff if there's nothing to do with them? Sure you'll get to kill some more pedestrians with them, drive some cooler cars, and walk around more areas, but the most that will add is and hour, maybe two to your experience. And based on the sheer mass of the game itself, I'm now convinced that episodic content will add 5 or so hours of gameplay.

As for the 'timed' content, it's 6 months. By the time PS3 gets the content, MGS4 will be out, and 360 owners will have gears of war 2 in their hands.

I'm not putting the ps3 down, im not glorifying the 360, but its just fact, the DLC is the reason to buy the 360 version.

muscle979
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
(ie: the reason to play the game after you beat it)

Seriously, the whole point of DLC is to try and get you to play the game again after your done with it. Episodes will do that. New cars, guns and maybe maps will not. Whats the point of that stuff if there's nothing to do with them? Sure you'll get to kill some more pedestrians with them, drive some cooler cars, and walk around more areas, but the most that will add is and hour, maybe two to your experience. And based on the sheer mass of the game itself, I'm now convinced that episodic content will add 5 or so hours of gameplay.

As for the 'timed' content, it's 6 months. By the time PS3 gets the content, MGS4 will be out, and 360 owners will have gears of war 2 in their hands.

I'm not putting the ps3 down, im not glorifying the 360, but its just fact, the DLC is the reason to buy the 360 version.

A lot of people associate that series with playstation though. I know a couple of people who still don't even know that it's available on Xbox. Just something to keep in mind. A lot of gamers aren't going to be that concerned with 105 hours of gameplay vs. 100 or whatever. I still think the 360 version will outsell the PS3's, largely due to still having more consoles out there.

Phinz420
04-26-2008, 10:27 PM
360's supposed to be more vibrant or something i read...other than that it will be identical...if you dont care about DLC, then it prolly wouldn't be better to you....those who want to experience all the gta4 there is to offer would of course be better off with the 360 version as they will be able to aquire stuff that the ps3 won't....

As per IGN...

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner...The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."This is from GameRevolver

GRAPHICS

This is where things get interesting. We are sure that both versions of the game will be amazing, but the key points hit here are just enough push for us to say that even with a slew of DLC, the PS3 seems to be the better experience.

"The PS3 has a more relaxed color pallet, but this gives everything a more realistic look. If you don’t like the realistic look, and you have a HDMI connection, you can fiddle with your PS3 display settings and get it looking much more saturated. The textures are just as sharp as the 360 version, and there’s little to no pop-in or screen tearing. The PS3 takes longer to load than the 360, but I took several different head counts in game at different locations, and I always found the PS3 to be more populated than the 360. This could be attributed to the dynamic nature of the world, but it’s hard to tell. Either way, the difference was never more than five to seven pedestrians or three to four cars—it’s not really much of an advantage.

The 360 is bright. Boy is it bright. Based on discussion history, this one will be claimed to look better, but it’ll really be preference. The texture quality is the same on both systems, but the 360 has a more cartoon-like look. This isn’t a bad thing. It just depends on preference. I’d compare the difference to that of Oblivion on each system. The 360 also suffers from some frame rate drops that are almost non-existent on the PS3. Installing the 360 version on your system’s hard drive, however, will bring performance almost up to par with the PS3.

CitizenSnips
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
A lot of people associate that series with playstation though. I know a couple of people who still don't even know that it's available on Xbox. Just something to keep in mind. A lot of gamers aren't going to be that concerned with 105 hours of gameplay vs. 100 or whatever. I still think the 360 version will outsell the PS3's, largely due to still having more consoles out there.

I'll agree with that. Actually, now that i think about it, GTA IV will be my first gta not on ps2.

Dolphins9954
04-27-2008, 03:22 PM
As per IGN...

This is from GameRevolver

In the end were talking slight differences here. Not enough to change the score. IGN gave GTA4 a perfect 10 on the 360 and PS3. So this is just nothing but preference and opinion. Both versions of the game are going to be amazing. Xbox getting GTA4 on day one definitely was the best thing to happen for 360. GTA4 will sell more copies on 360 without a doubt.

Phinz420
04-28-2008, 02:52 AM
In the end were talking slight differences here. Not enough to change the score. IGN gave GTA4 a perfect 10 on the 360 and PS3. So this is just nothing but preference and opinion. Both versions of the game are going to be amazing. Xbox getting GTA4 on day one definitely was the best thing to happen for 360. GTA4 will sell more copies on 360 without a doubt.

It would be pretty pathetic if it didn't sell more copies, with the larger American install base along with having the DLC and the system being around for a year more...

I never said anything about the scores either, I just posted those quotes due to the fact people were saying that "other than the 360 having better colors there wasn't any differences". Well there are differences, and the "preference" you were speaking of doesn't mean much when anyone who has 1/2 working eyesight would prefer anti-aliasing to be as good as possible & who wouldn't want less stuttering in a game where there is mass carnage going on? How does "preference" play any role in discussing performance?

Dolphins9954
04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
It would be pretty pathetic if it didn't sell more copies, with the larger American install base along with having the DLC and the system being around for a year more...

I never said anything about the scores either, I just posted those quotes due to the fact people were saying that "other than the 360 having better colors there wasn't any differences". Well there are differences, and the "preference" you were speaking of doesn't mean much when anyone who has 1/2 working eyesight would prefer anti-aliasing to be as good as possible & who wouldn't want less stuttering in a game where there is mass carnage going on? How does "preference" play any role in discussing performance?

Both versions got a Perfect 10.

So at this point arguing about slight ,and I mean slight, differences is a waste of time. GTA 4 will be amazing regardless of which system it's played on Period.

This will be the first time GTA made more money off a system other than the playstation.

mor911
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
god... I can't escape the GTA4 fanboi banter in any thread... :lol:

DisturbedShifty
04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Actually Mor, I wonder if you wouldn't be so kind as to lock this thread. It kinda sucks that it got hijacked.