PDA

View Full Version : FireFox problem

Nublar7
04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
My FireFox browser has been acting very weird the past few days. First off, it updated itself a few days back and when I tried to open the browser, it wouldn't load any page. I was able to fix that by moving the program file to a different file. However, now it temporarily pauses. It pauses when I scroll, when I type and when I try to click on links. My IE browser works fine, so I am figuring that update some how screwed me over. Is there anything I can do?

Joker2thief
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Same thing happened here a about 5 monts ago with an update.Tried re-installing the program even going with older versions.Did a lot of searching on the Internet and nothing worked.I miss my dolphin browser.IE works fine by the way.
Hope you have better luck than me.

dolfan06
04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
My FireFox browser has been acting very weird the past few days. First off, it updated itself a few days back and when I tried to open the browser, it wouldn't load any page. I was able to fix that by moving the program file to a different file. However, now it temporarily pauses. It pauses when I scroll, when I type and when I try to click on links. My IE browser works fine, so I am figuring that update some how screwed me over. Is there anything I can do?i don't have that problem but when i close a tab, it closes 2. like if i click on a link then try do go back to the one i was on, it closes both! how do i fix that.

Finfang
04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
My FireFox browser has been acting very weird the past few days. First off, it updated itself a few days back and when I tried to open the browser, it wouldn't load any page. I was able to fix that by moving the program file to a different file. However, now it temporarily pauses. It pauses when I scroll, when I type and when I try to click on links. My IE browser works fine, so I am figuring that update some how screwed me over. Is there anything I can do?

You could try to do a system restore and roll it back somewhere before the update. See if that helps. If so it is more than likely the update. Be careful with your restore points though.

I always set restore points manually often when I am running good just in case I need to go back to a recent point.