PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor embarrassing himself

Vertical Limit
04-23-2008, 11:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3358069&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab7pos1

Lots of amazing quotes there. Here's hoping he retires ASAP or gets traded. The guy is an absolute joke to me now.

Justasportsfan
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
He's not the first fruitcake on your team.

Remember these two?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

retired opfinistic
04-23-2008, 12:44 PM
He's not the first fruitcake on your team.

Remember these two?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
I remember them.

You remember this guy?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0126/nfl_ap_norwood_195.jpg

Justasportsfan
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I remember them.

You remember this guy?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0126/nfl_ap_norwood_195.jpg

I remember them, they're the guys that made Marino their beeiotch. Their coach MArv Levy also made Shula his beeiotch :sidelol:

nyjunc
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
How can any dolphin fan not want him traded after reading that article?

greatwade
04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
nothing bad in it. IMHO

nyjunc
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
nothing bad in it. IMHO

this qoute doesn't bother you as a fan of the dolphins?

It's crazy, because my whole world is dancing right now. The NFL draft is Saturday, but I won't watch. I'll be dancing. Are you kidding? I have to learn two new dances for next week, including the Quick Step, so I can't tell you who the Dolphins are going to draft. I'm not Mel Kiper. People keep saying if they draft a d-lineman, then that's the end of my days in Miami. But I'm staying away from all that. I'm just removed from football right now. I approach dancing like I do football—I'm all in—so I've got to stay all in. All the football stuff will work its way out. It's just April, anyway. People in football don't realize the world is a lot bigger than their own little circle.

I am more disturbed that he wasn't w/ his wife in a time of family crisis.

BobDole
04-23-2008, 04:58 PM
this qoute doesn't bother you as a fan of the dolphins?

I am more disturbed that he wasn't w/ his wife in a time of family crisis.

while it is bothersome, it is also understandable. this guy pretty much knows he's gonna get the shaft from an organization he's put up HOF numbers with, so why get that invested? taking it with a grain of salt is the smart approach for him. hell, he's earned it.

nyjunc
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
while it is bothersome, it is also understandable. this guy pretty much knows he's gonna get the shaft from an organization he's put up HOF numbers with, so why get that invested? taking it with a grain of salt is the smart approach for him. hell, he's earned it.

Get the shaft from? he's been a well paid guy and a well respected guy in the organization for over a decade. What do you wnat them to do for him? If he wanted out he should have shown other teams he was willing to stay in Miami and work even harder to prevent a 1-15 season. That may have influenced teams about giving up the picks necessary to get him. As an opposing Gm you see a guy doing that TV show it shows me he isn't fully committed. That may or may not be tru but that's the perception.

retired opfinistic
04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Get the shaft from? he's been a well paid guy and a well respected guy in the organization for over a decade. What do you wnat them to do for him? If he wanted out he should have shown other teams he was willing to stay in Miami and work even harder to prevent a 1-15 season. That may have influenced teams about giving up the picks necessary to get him. As an opposing Gm you see a guy doing that TV show it shows me he isn't fully committed. That may or may not be tru but that's the perception.
I've been a huge fan of JT for many years now, and seeing how disrupted this team is I don't really blame him for 'getting away' for a while. It has to be tough to be a part of a team that spent years deteriorating and is now in the process of rebuilding. I wish him luck and hope that we trade him out of the AFC and that wherever he ends up he does well.

PhinzN703
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM

Stirring the pot are ya? Give me a break. You'd take Taylor in a ****ing second over any DE the Jets have had the last 10 years

retired opfinistic
04-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Stirring the pot are ya? Give me a break. You'd take Taylor in a ****ing second over any DE the Jets have had the last 10 years
I think Taylor would rather join the CFL than play for the Jits.

SpaceMountain16
04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
People who make a big deal out of nothing = ratings

nyjunc
04-24-2008, 03:44 PM
I've been a huge fan of JT for many years now, and seeing how disrupted this team is I don't really blame him for 'getting away' for a while. It has to be tough to be a part of a team that spent years deteriorating and is now in the process of rebuilding. I wish him luck and hope that we trade him out of the AFC and that wherever he ends up he does well.

He had a chance to be a difference maker in the late 90s-early 00s when the dolphins had pretty good teams and he was a no show in January.

As a pure pass rusher John Abraham was better than Taylor and Abe actually had some postseason sacks. Taylor is the better all around DE but he still shrinks in big games and I would never want a player on my team being on that show especially after such a dreadful season.

I think Taylor would rather join the CFL than play for the Jits.

I think he'd love to play here, he's been infatuated w/ the Jets for over a decade.:D

retired opfinistic
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
He had a chance to be a difference maker in the late 90s-early 00s when the dolphins had pretty good teams and he was a no show in January.
I don't think anyone could have been a difference maker when Wanny and co. had the reigns.

I think he'd love to play here, he's been infatuated w/ the Jets for over a decade.:D:shakeno: I think you've confused the word fascinated with disgusted. :rolleyes2: Jets fans.

nyjunc
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't think anyone could have been a difference maker when Wanny and co. had the reigns.

:shakeno: I think you've confused the word fascinated with disgusted. :rolleyes2: Jets fans.

You guys always blame Wanny but seem to forget that w/ les talent he improved the dolphins in 2000 and you haven't even been a legit playoff contender since he left. Taylor had 3 postseasons w/ Jimmy Johnson as HC and Jimmy knew how to win SB's so I can't buy the Wanny excuse for Taylor.

arsenal
04-24-2008, 04:09 PM
lol@jets fans, bwahaha

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/60679138_ef77b2612c_m-1.jpg

nyjunc
04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
lol@jets fans, bwahaha

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/60679138_ef77b2612c_m-1.jpg

What I'm laughing at is a sig that says "Dominance" and it doesn't have one Championship team in it(though the Wings could change that). Two of those "dominat" teams didn't even make the playoffs in their most recent seaons and one was the worst team in their sport:lol:

arsenal
04-24-2008, 04:15 PM
What I'm laughing at is a sig that says "Dominance" and it doesn't have one Championship team in it(though the Wings could change that). Two of those "dominat" teams didn't even make the playoffs in their most recent seaons and one was the worst team in their sport:lol:

what im laughing at is your sig saying "Jets", a team who hasn't sniffed a championship since the merger :hi5:

nyjunc
04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
what im laughing at is your sig saying "Jets", a team who hasn't sniffed a championship since the merger :hi5:

Unlike the great Miami Dolphins who won their last title just 5 years after the Jets title. Forget the merger, how about since realignment the dolphins haven't made the playoffs once! The dolphins have just ONE playoff victory this decade. That's "Dominance"!:lol:

PhinzN703
04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Unlike the great Miami Dolphins who won their last title just 5 years after the Jets title. Forget the merger, how about since realignment the dolphins haven't made the playoffs once! The dolphins have just ONE playoff victory this decade. That's "Dominance"!:lol:

You have no room to talk and neither do we. End of story. You act like you do though, which is puzzling to me.

nyjunc
04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
You have no room to talk and neither do we. End of story. You act like you do though, which is puzzling to me.

I don't act like anything, you guys attack me team I bring you back to reality. We haven't won a SB but in the last decade we've been alot closer w/ 1 AFC Title Game and 2 near AFC Title Gamnes while the dolphins haven't made the playoffs since '01, haven't won a playoff game since '00 and haven't been competitive in a div rd game since '94. Some of you guys like to act like we are in the 70s or early 80s.

PhinzN703
04-24-2008, 04:34 PM

As a pure pass rusher John Abraham was better than Taylor and Abe actually had some postseason sacks. Taylor is the better all around DE but he still shrinks in big games and I would never want a player on my team being on that show especially after such a dreadful season.

I think he'd love to play here, he's been infatuated w/ the Jets for over a decade.:D

Of course. I had a feeling you'd say something like that

retired opfinistic
04-24-2008, 04:44 PM
You guys always blame Wanny but seem to forget that w/ les talent he improved the dolphins in 2000 and you haven't even been a legit playoff contender since he left. Taylor had 3 postseasons w/ Jimmy Johnson as HC and Jimmy knew how to win SB's so I can't buy the Wanny excuse for Taylor.
Our defense was on it's deathbed when JJ took over, granted he was able to draft some outstanding talent on that side of the ball, but the douche didn't stick around long enough to finish the job he started. Then he did the unforgiveable and gave us Wanny. Wanny inherited a team with an up and coming defense but no offense to speak of. QB? :lol: RB? :lol: Defense wins championships, but for god's sake you need a way to score on the offense. The team rotted away under his watch as he and his FO made one bad personnel move after another, drafting poorly, trading away draft picks, you name it. Couple that with his playbook (Run left, run right, pass, punt) and the decline continued.

nyjunc
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Our defense was on it's deathbed when JJ took over, granted he was able to draft some outstanding talent on that side of the ball, but the douche didn't stick around long enough to finish the job he started. Then he did the unforgiveable and gave us Wanny. Wanny inherited a team with an up and coming defense but no offense to speak of. QB? :lol: RB? :lol: Defense wins championships, but for god's sake you need a way to score on the offense. The team rotted away under his watch as he and his FO made one bad personnel move after another, drafting poorly, trading away draft picks, you name it. Couple that with his playbook (Run left, run right, pass, punt) and the decline continued.

Your D had an average ranking over about 4 from '98-'02 yet they gave up an average of 37 points per playoff loss in those 4 years and in jason't playoff career he doesn't have a sack. That's astoundign when he's played I believe 7 playoff games(I think he was hurt for 2 of Miami's playoff games).

Your D was more than up and coming, it was a great D until about Nov or Dec then they played some big games and got blasted and as a leader of those D's jason takes alot of responsibility.

Again, they did get better from '99 under JJ to '00 under Wanny and they did so w/ less talent. obviously he's not a great coach but JJ did an awful job in Miami and so did Shula his last few years.

BobDole
04-25-2008, 10:03 AM

the team has crumbled around him. he knows he is a liability now with his age and contract. he's never hurt and literally always puts up amazing numbers. the last couiple seasons we've all seen a different JT, a JT that realizes a SB in maimi is impossible after a decade of hard work.

as far as other teams not wanting him - good. i want him to stay regardless of what happens. we won't get what i want for him.

nyjunc
04-25-2008, 10:04 AM
the team has crumbled around him. he knows he is a liability now with his age and contract. he's never hurt and literally always puts up amazing numbers. the last couiple seasons we've all seen a different JT, a JT that realizes a SB in maimi is impossible after a decade of hard work.

as far as other teams not wanting him - good. i want him to stay regardless of what happens. we won't get what i want for him.

I think plenty of teams would want him just not at the price the dolphins are asking for.

BobDole
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't act like anything, you guys attack me team I bring you back to reality. We haven't won a SB but in the last decade we've been alot closer w/ 1 AFC Title Game and 2 near AFC Title Gamnes while the dolphins haven't made the playoffs since '01, haven't won a playoff game since '00 and haven't been competitive in a div rd game since '94. Some of you guys like to act like we are in the 70s or early 80s.

you act tough and you know it. you do it b/c you've willingly come into the lion's den. you provoke, we attack. that's how you want it. that's why you're here. if not, you'd be on the jets board.

i like the 'bring us back to reality' comment. you are doing us a favor, huh? thanks guy. so special. :rolleyes2:

BobDole
04-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I think plenty of teams would want him just not at the price the dolphins are asking for.

i hope that is the point.

nyjunc
04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
you act tough and you know it. you do it b/c you've willingly come into the lion's den. you provoke, we attack. that's how you want it. that's why you're here. if not, you'd be on the jets board.

i like the 'bring us back to reality' comment. you are doing us a favor, huh? thanks guy. so special. :rolleyes2:

I am not provoking anything, I give honest opinions. yes I like debating which is why I like this board but I am not provoking anyone. I give my opinions and back them up. I don't just type "dolphins suck" then run away.

BobDole
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I am not provoking anything, I give honest opinions. yes I like debating which is why I like this board but I am not provoking anyone. I give my opinions and back them up. I don't just type "dolphins suck" then run away.

dude, let's just go ahead and be honest. you're not here to learn more about your team or football in general. you're here to talk **** about your most hated team, which i actually think is kind of cool. let's not hide behind the 'giving honest opinions' line, you martyr you. not fooling anybody, but love the fact that you give us a valid reason to talk extreme **** to a jets fan. it is what it is.

nyjunc
04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
dude, let's just go ahead and be honest. you're not here to learn more about your team or football in general. you're here to talk **** about your most hated team, which i actually think is kind of cool. let's not hide behind the 'giving honest opinions' line, you martyr you. not fooling anybody, but love the fact that you give us a valid reason to talk extreme **** to a jets fan. it is what it is.

I am 100% honest, I joined this site and a few opposing boards originally b/c I wanted opposing views of my teams. Do I enjoy heated debates? Yeah but I do not provoke, I share my honest opinions and on this site any opinion that criticizes the dolphins in any way makes me just a dolphin hater and while I do hate the dolphins I praise them when they do something well and criticize when they do not just like I do w/ the Jets.

retired opfinistic
04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
I am 100% honest, I joined this site and a few opposing boards originally b/c I wanted opposing views of my teams. Do I enjoy heated debates? Yeah but I do not provoke, I share my honest opinions and on this site any opinion that criticizes the dolphins in any way makes me just a dolphin hater and while I do hate the dolphins I praise them when they do something well and criticize when they do not just like I do w/ the Jets.
Quit startin' trouble. :d-day:

TotoreMexico
04-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Here's some reality for you:

The New York pets:
330-406-8
(76 GAMES UNDER .500)

BO KNOWS
04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
I Don't See Anything Wrong With What He Said. There Is More Things To Life Than Just Football.

retired opfinistic
04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
I Don't See Anything Wrong With What He Said. There Is More Things To Life Than Just Football.
Like boobs!

nyjunc
04-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Here's some reality for you:

The New York pets:
330-406-8
(76 GAMES UNDER .500)

The 70s and 80s were really good times to be a dolphin fan(even though you only have 2 titles and they both came at least 35 years ago), unfortunately for you guys it's 2008.

finsrclowns
04-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I am 100% honest, I joined this site and a few opposing boards originally b/c I wanted opposing views of my teams.

And now you have them. :lol:

nyjunc
04-26-2008, 06:44 AM
And now you have them. :lol:

:D He's new and he seems reasonable so I thought I'd explain the situation to him.

retired opfinistic
04-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Quit lyin' you came here for the Ladies' Lounge.

dolfan06
04-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Quit lyin' you came here for the Ladies' Lounge.yes, he thought thats where ladies go to see pictures of men.:lol:

muscle979
04-26-2008, 10:13 AM

Because he's one of the best defensive players in the league and because that article was not even in the neighborhood of being a big deal. So he likes dancing? Who cares?

muscle979
04-26-2008, 10:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3358069&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab7pos1

Lots of amazing quotes there. Here's hoping he retires ASAP or gets traded. The guy is an absolute joke to me now.

You are an absolute idiot to think that.

BobDole
04-29-2008, 01:55 PM
:D He's new and he seems reasonable so I thought I'd explain the situation to him.

i have looked at you past stuff and it seems you are the only non jackass non dolphins fan on this board. of course i picked the one that was really here to get different opinions and 'healthy' debates. guess i am gonna have to say my bad here, although it pains me to. jets still suck though.