PDA

View Full Version : McFadden..... Jets?

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Jets want to trade up for McFadden..... He might also still be there at their 6th pick as well.

I pray this does not happen... Darren McFadden in the AFC East... someone I do not want to watch running all over the Dolphins.

Definitly would lower our chances of coming out of the AFC East in the future..... Agree? Disagree?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/04/22/2008-04-22_jets_may_trade_up_to_get_arkansas_rb_dar.html

CitizenSnips
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Meh. No matter what happens they're getting a great player. Same with NE.

Predaphin
04-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't care who they draft as long as it's not Vernon Gholston. McFadden would have to share the filed with the fairly newly aquired Thomas Jones and young Leon Washington. Can;t have all 3 of them on the field at the same time.

not to mention Jake Long's only sack came to Gholston. If the Jets were to draft him, this could get ugly between Jake Long and Gholston going at it for years to come.

South Florida
04-23-2008, 01:22 PM
They'll get one of the following 3 players, and that sucks:

Darren McFadden
Vernon Gholston
Chris Long

If Rams take Long, Oakland determines what the Jets do.

X-Pacolypse
04-23-2008, 01:25 PM
If we shore up our run defense, we won't have to worry about toothpick legs breaking long runs on us. I'm more concrned about what the Dolphins are doing. Besides, the Jets SUCK!

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 01:26 PM
i agree that they are going to get a great player such as C Long, Gholston, or McFadden.... but a runningback has a lot bigger effect on a game. I am not trying to say that Long and Gholston wouldnt effect the outcome... Im just saying that a runningback such as McFadden would get 20-30 touches a game.... a defensive end would make a couple tackles a game... maybe a sack or two..

Would you be more worried about Adrian Peterson or someone like mario williams?

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 01:27 PM
What was our record again last year while Ronnie was leading the league?

NRA
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
the jets are without a doubt going to select D-MAC if he
makes it past the raiders. they dont have enough clout
and they need to many players to make a trade up.

you are a going to see why we should have taken him for
the next 8-10 years and thomas jones and all the rest of
them are DONE with any kind of real playing time. unless
he holds out, he will be starting for jets from day 1.

i like jake and i think it is s good one seeing how we need
a tackle and and he was one of the top 3 best players in
this draft.

but whem a superstar talent like this comes along and can
put points on the board....YOU TAKE IT!!

we will be getting plenty of reminders on this soon.

VERNON GHOLSTON? i hope to god that is there pick. he is
going to be a BUST in the nfl.

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
What was our record again last year while Ronnie was leading the league?

The same record we had when Jason Taylor was running our defense? I assume you are trying to say that Long or Gholston will be better than Jason Taylor?

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
the jets are without a doubt going to select D-MAC if he
makes it past the raiders. they dont have enough clout
and they need to many players to make a trade up.

you are a going to see why we should have taken him for
the next 8-10 years and thomas jones and all the rest of
them are DONE with any kind of real playing time. unless
he holds out, he will be starting for jets from day 1.

i like jake and i think it is s good one seeing how we need
a tackle and and he was one of the top 3 best players in
this draft.

but whem a superstar talent like this comes along and can
put points on the board....YOU TAKE IT!!

we will be getting plenty of reminders on this soon.

VERNON GHOLSTON? i hope to god that is there pick. he is
going to be a BUST in the nfl.you overrate the position.

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Ronnie Brown was the only reason we came close in any of those games by the way.....

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
The same record we had when Jason Taylor was running our defense? I assume you are trying to say that Long or Gholston will be better than Jason Taylor?
no, I'm saying RB is an overrated position.

South Florida
04-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Would you be more worried about Adrian Peterson or someone like mario williams?

Both, equally. Honestly.

On the flipside, though, it could be a blessing in disguise if the Jets get Vernon. Sparano could help Jake conquer Gholston, and 2 annual dominations of his college kryptonite could really help Jake feel like he's back to no sacks, so to speak.

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I dont understand how you can say its an overrated postion when you have guys like peterson or tomlinson taking over games. I go back to my last point.... are teams more worried about rb's like adrian peterson or de's like mario williams?

RB's are overrated, yet they touch the ball 30 times a game? DE's get a tackle or a sack how many times a game?

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I dont understand how you can say its an overrated postion when you have guys like peterson or tomlinson taking over games. I go back to my last point.... are teams more worried about rb's like adrian peterson or de's like mario williams?

RB's are overrated, yet they touch the ball 30 times a game? DE's get a tackle or a sack how many times a game?Did I ever compare him to a DE? A single player isn't going to "lower our chances." Especially a RB.

SweetLou
04-23-2008, 01:50 PM
The fact is with our signing of Jake Long it makes things better with the Jets. They can now have their pick of Gholston or McFadden. Even if they take McFadden chances are Gholston will go to New England, and him and Jake Long will continue their on going battle in the tranches.

mroz
04-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Jets want to trade up for McFadden..... He might also still be there at their 6th pick as well.

I pray this does not happen... Darren McFadden in the AFC East... someone I do not want to watch running all over the Dolphins.

Definitly would lower our chances of coming out of the AFC East in the future..... Agree? Disagree?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/04/22/2008-04-22_jets_may_trade_up_to_get_arkansas_rb_dar.html

Mcfadden is going to be a bust... (IMO)

Myles Fynch
04-23-2008, 01:51 PM
I hope the Jets give up a ton to move up and get McFadden. He might fall to them, anyway, so IMO it's in our best interest to see them sink a boatload of draft picks and cash into his selection. I'm not worried about him becoming a Dolphin killer.

rick32883
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM

disagree .. i mean mcfadden being called a tremendous bust was fun .. really the jets need almost as much work as we do!

FinsGonnaRock06
04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
why is this in the dolphins forum, McFadden and jets have nothing to do with US!!!

dolpns13
04-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Im not too worried, he wont be able to run all over anyone. the way McFatty runs and handles the ball, he will most definately be a fumbling, un-tackle breaking machine. :up:;)

miamiron
04-23-2008, 02:54 PM

RB's are overrated, yet they touch the ball 30 times a game? DE's get a tackle or a sack how many times a game?

Do me a favor and re-watch the super bowl and let me know how valuable DE and the pass rush is

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Do me a favor and re-watch the super bowl and let me know how valuable DE and the pass rush is
But there's no STATS for that! And they hardly ever actually touch the ball. Totally worthless position! :chuckle:

dolpns13
04-23-2008, 03:00 PM
But there's no STATS for that! And they hardly ever actually touch the ball. Totally worthless position! :chuckle:

Lol... that arguement may work, in a vaccum :D

dabeastdabone
04-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Your right it will suck. Who did more damage to the Fins in the day, Bruce Smith or Thurman Thomas? anyone who answers Smith is arguing for he sake of arguing, a RB can control a game if he is good enough. Many feel McFadden is.

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 03:16 PM

thats an excellent point and dont get me wrong.... im not saying that the defensive pressure on the qb is not important.

If you were to watch the superbowl again you would see pressure from more than just one defensive end. Michael Strahan effected the game but it takes more than just him for the defensive pressure to be valuable. That entire defensive line is pro bowl caliber. Not to mention the relentless pressure from the linebackers as well.

My point is that for the jets.... darren mcfadden will be alot more valuable than ONE defensive end. And to the point that this doesnt have anything to do with the dolphins.... that person needs to read up on professional football... (the jets and dolphins play each other twice a year.... every year).

You dont see people trading almost all their picks for a DE..... they do it for qb's and rb's (example= saints and ricky williams)....

If we are talking about one defensive end vs one running back (1st rounders)..... i think people would fear the ladanian tomlinson/ adrian peterson/ ricky williams/ darren mcfadden pick more than they would fear the mario williams/ gaines adams/ justin smith/ chris long/ vernon gholston pick.....

dolpns13
04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Your right it will suck. Who did more damage to the Fins in the day, Bruce Smith or Thurman Thomas? anyone who answers Smith is arguing for he sake of arguing, a RB can control a game if he is good enough. Many feel McFadden is.

And many feel he isnt, and they would be right

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
And many feel he isnt, and they would be right

who are you to say that mcfadden wont be a good running back?

the arguement is assuming that the top 10 picks will play like top 10 picks

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Your right it will suck. Who did more damage to the Fins in the day, Bruce Smith or Thurman Thomas? anyone who answers Smith is arguing for he sake of arguing, a RB can control a game if he is good enough. Many feel McFadden is.Nice attempt to keep people from opposing your views. Bruce Smith did plenty of damage despite the fact that we had one of the best LT's in the game while Thomas ran well over one of the worst defenses in the game. So, who did more damage? Olivadotti.

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
thats an excellent point and dont get me wrong.... im not saying that the defensive pressure on the qb is not important.

If you were to watch the superbowl again you would see pressure from more than just one defensive end. Michael Strahan effected the game but it takes more than just him for the defensive pressure to be valuable. That entire defensive line is pro bowl caliber. Not to mention the relentless pressure from the linebackers as well.

My point is that for the jets.... darren mcfadden will be alot more valuable than ONE defensive end. And to the point that this doesnt have anything to do with the dolphins.... that person needs to read up on professional football... (the jets and dolphins play each other twice a year.... every year).

You dont see people trading almost all their picks for a DE..... they do it for qb's and rb's (example= saints and ricky williams)....

If we are talking about one defensive end vs one running back (1st rounders)..... i think people would fear the ladanian tomlinson/ adrian peterson/ ricky williams/ darren mcfadden pick more than they would fear the mario williams/ gaines adams/ justin smith/ chris long/ vernon gholston pick.....
*cough* http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3362701&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Are you really using one crazy move (that didn't work out well at all) as an example? Maybe you can use the Herschel Walker trade too. :lol:

dolpns13
04-23-2008, 03:27 PM
who are you to say that mcfadden wont be a good running back?

the arguement is assuming that the top 10 picks will play like top 10 picks

I am who I am :up:

Like the same arguements that assumed Ryan Leaf, a top 2 pick, would play like a top 2 pick, that charles Rogers, a top 2 pick would play like a top 2 pick, that Mike Williams, a top 10 pick, would play like a top 10 pick.

dolpns13
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice attempt to keep people from opposing your views. Bruce Smith did plenty of damage despite the fact that we had one of the best LT's in the game while Thomas ran well over one of the worst defenses in the game. So, who did more damage? Olivadotti.

Not to mention the fact that Bruce Smith (a DE) played for 18 years whereas Thurman Thomas (a RB) played for 12 years. One must have been more productive than the other

23EmilioVasquez
04-23-2008, 03:31 PM
the best thing for us would be if chris long went to the rams
Dorsey Falcons
Raiders mcfadden
Chiefs Cholston
then there is a big drop off after that

Roman529
04-23-2008, 03:38 PM
McFadden seems to be a guy who gets into trouble pretty regularly. I am not saying what the Jets should or shouldn't do, but I would be leary about taking him.

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
*cough* http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3362701&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Are you really using one crazy move (that didn't work out well at all) as an example? Maybe you can use the Herschel Walker trade too. :lol:

3 picks for proven pro bowl defensive end compared to 8 picks for an unproven rookie running back.... hhmmmmmmm by the way even after a couple of years in new orleans... the saints got 2 first rounders for him

16 tds and 1853 yards??? overrated.... yeaaaaaaaaa

i wont even mention some of ladanians numbers for ya.... ok maybe i will
*cough* 31 td's *cough* 2323 total yards *cough*

lol overrated still????

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Not to mention the fact that Bruce Smith (a DE) played for 18 years whereas Thurman Thomas (a RB) played for 12 years. One must have been more productive than the other

thats a stat for durability.... not productivity.... i can go back and history and find runningbacks with better durabilty than some defensive ends allllllll day....

i can find examples of defensive ends who have had a bigger impact on games than some runningbacks (which is what some of you think im arguing against)

there are definitly de's that have a greater impact than some runningbacks.... but what im trying to say is that the chances are that if mcfadden is as good as hes predicted to be.... his numbers and play will have a bigger impact on the game than ONE defensive end such as gholston or long

and I for one will be more afraid of watching darren mcfadden in the jets backfield than I will with gholston or long on the jets d- line

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 03:45 PM
3 picks for proven pro bowl defensive end compared to 8 picks for an unproven rookie running back.... hhmmmmmmm by the way even after a couple of years in new orleans... the saints got 2 first rounders for him

16 tds and 1853 yards??? overrated.... yeaaaaaaaaa

i wont even mention some of ladanians numbers for ya.... ok maybe i will
*cough* 31 td's *cough* 2323 total yards *cough*

lol overrated still????He's not overrated, his position is. LT is the best RB in the game right now.

And again, you are using one failed trade that ultimately cost the coach his job as an example of the positions worth? How many Super Bowls did Ricky help NO win? Actually, how many SB's did all those trades produce? You may be the only person on earth that believes that was a valuable trade. Stick to Madden where RB truly is the most important position.

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM
thats a stat for durability.... not productivity.... i can go back and history and find runningbacks with better durabilty than some defensive ends allllllll day....

i can find examples of defensive ends who have had a bigger impact on games than some runningbacks (which is what some of you think im arguing against)

there are definitly de's that have a greater impact than some runningbacks.... but what im trying to say is that the chances are that if mcfadden is as good as hes predicted to be.... his numbers and play will have a bigger impact on the game than ONE defensive end such as gholston or longThat's because you will be looking at stats rather than actually watching the game. The earlier SB comment regarding the Giants was spot on.

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
when did i say that the runningback is the most important position???? it most certainly is not..... but neither is defensive end....

your right... LT is the best runningback in the game today..... tell me who you think is the best defensive end is in the game today and take a poll of which one has a bigger impact in the game and which one people would rather have on their team.....

dolpns13
04-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Wait, I forgot, how did we even get started talking about defensive ends...

As for RB's, they cant run without an Oline

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
That's because you will be looking at stats rather than actually watching the game. The earlier SB comment regarding the Giants was spot on.

The SB comment was right on.... I agreed with that if you read my earlier post.... but what I also said was that it was the entire defensive line and linebacker core that did the damage not just ONE guy.

ONE good defensive end is NOT as important as ONE good running back

when you have a good defensive end... thats awesome but teams can counter that..... but when you have a good running back .... watch out... they can take over a game

People know adrian peterson is going to get the ball 20-30 times a game yet they cannot stop him... he is that important to the game..... if you know the other team has a good DE.... they scheme against him.... ONE good defensive end can be avoided ... they may affect the offensive plays but when you have someone with the potential of darren mcfadden... there is no planning against someone of that caliber.... he can go anywhere

ThaGame17
04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I wish I could stay and debate some more but I gotta roll..... but imma leave you with this....

Its going to be scary going up against any of the potential jets picks..... each one of them will affect the game in their own way according to their own position...

Some runningbacks maybe overrated but not the position as a whole
I could say the same thing about some defensive ends but not about the entire position

It is just my opinion that with darren mcfaddens potential.... I hope he doesnt end up with the jets... id rather take our chances with a defensive player... I just feel that mcfadden can explode at any instant and put points on the board .... and a defensive lineman by himself cannot create points as easily as a potentially good runningback can such as mcfadden

Thanks for the debate, its always fun to talk football on here..... PEACE

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
The SB comment was right on.... I agreed with that if you read my earlier post.... but what I also said was that it was the entire defensive line and linebacker core that did the damage not just ONE guy.

ONE good defensive end is NOT as important as ONE good running back

when you have a good defensive end... thats awesome but teams can counter that..... but when you have a good running back .... watch out... they can take over a game

People know adrian peterson is going to get the ball 20-30 times a game yet they cannot stop him... he is that important to the game..... if you know the other team has a good DE.... they scheme against him.... ONE good defensive end can be avoided ... they may affect the offensive plays but when you have someone with the potential of darren mcfadden... there is no planning against someone of that caliber.... he can go anywhereSo, you can't separate a DE from the rest of the line, but you can separate the contributions of the OL from the production of the RB? Sorry, that doesn't fly. A running back can only "take over a game" (whatever the **** that means) if his line and playcalling works. If all it too was one RB to "take over a game," why are there so many greats, including EVERY SINGLE ONE YOU HAVE NAMED who don't have a ring? Can't they just take over the game and win it?

Take RB off that pedestal please.

jvw
04-23-2008, 04:13 PM
LOL, The NY Daily News , They had a article yesterday saying how the Jets wanted Gholston lol. I guess there covering all there bases. Thursday article will be the Jets trying to move up for Chris long or move back for Derrick Harvey lol you got to love the week leading up to the draft......

Scherminator23
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
i hope they draft mcfadden because he is going to be a bust

SabanHater
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
IMO, McFadden runs too high. He's going to be injured a lot if he keeps that style.