PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Diet May Influence Baby's Gender

BAMAPHIN 22
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
In addition to being the most important meal of the day, breakfast may help determine your unborn baby's sex.

In a newly reported study, women who ate breakfast cereal gave birth to more boys, while those who skipped breakfast had more girls.

Women who ate more total calories also delivered more boys, even though the overall male-to-female birth ratio among the study participants was close to 50/50.

The early findings in no way prove that what a woman does or doesn't eat prior to conception influences her baby's sex.

But they do hint at a sex-selection bias among humans similar to that seen in other animals, favoring male births among well-fed mothers and female births among mothers who are less well nourished.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/22/health/webmd/main4036102.shtml

greatwade
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
baby sex?

sicko

dominizzo
04-23-2008, 03:53 PM
looool

tylerdolphin
04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
But doesn't the sperm that fertilizes the egg decide the sex? I always thought an X chromosome sperm makes a girl and Y makes a boy. In this case, the sex would be decided before the mothers diet influenced anything

ILPhinFan88
04-23-2008, 10:18 PM
But doesn't the sperm that fertilizes the egg decide the sex? I always thought an X chromosome sperm makes a girl and Y makes a boy. In this case, the sex would be decided before the mothers diet influenced anything

That's what I thought too

MNFINFAN
04-23-2008, 11:08 PM

Maybe there is more to the process of the impregnation of the egg by the sperm. It is thought that the first spermatazoon that fuses with the ovum is the winner. This could point to a control mechanism that regulates which spermatazoon is allowed to enter through the cell membrane. This control process could be affected by the content of the mother's diet thus genetically controlling the outcome of the sex. In sea turtles the temperature of the surrounding water could affect the control process allowing spermatazoa to enter the ovum. The controlling of sex happens in multiple species and there have been human generations where after a major occurence like war or famine that one sex was predominately born over the other.

Jimi
04-24-2008, 01:00 AM
That sounded pretty inconclusive lol...

EvilDylan
04-25-2008, 09:31 AM
The female releases a hormone during a developmental stage that will determine if the baby is a male or female. Initially all of us are female, we just need to be told to be males, or to not be males.

This study to me seems like it's done on a pretty narrow spectrum of subjects. first of all if nutrition were a factor then wouldn't third world countries have a overwhelmingly male population? I wonder if this study was done on only american women, what their diets were like before pregnancy, cause it changes. Also 55% is hardly enough, in my opinion of course, to claim these as even weak possibilities.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

fishfanfromjerz
04-25-2008, 10:24 AM

NO NO you got it all wrong, you science geek!

If you want to have a baby girl , you gotta bang your women from behind......

if you want a boy, you got bang her in the reverse cowgirl position......

and i do believe i'm quoting this from somewhere.....i'm going to say a copy of cosmo, circa 1996...june edition?