PDA

View Full Version : Florida Lawmakers Debate Offering a Christian License Plate

BAMAPHIN 22
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Florida Considers a Specialty License Plate With a Christian Cross

The Florida Legislature is considering a specialty plate with a design that includes a Christian cross, a stained-glass window and the words "I Believe."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4715034

Pagan
04-24-2008, 02:06 PM
:rolleyes:

That's what bumper stickers are for.

tucker
04-24-2008, 11:09 PM
eh, i dont really care...wouldnt bother me

Tetragrammaton
04-24-2008, 11:41 PM
This is fine. I would like to see more options offered, though.

WSE
04-25-2008, 12:29 AM
no. license plates are a state institution

no religion.

why cant people follow the 1st amendment. I know, you love to say you love god, its fashionable, but keep it in your homes and on private property. Or put a sticker next to the numbers in this case. But the govt shouldn't make them.

#1 Fan
04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
i think it looks cool and i'm an atheist. looks a lot better than some of the other license plates. if people want to flaunt the cross like i got the marlins, it might make money for the state and be a good idea.

Dolphan7
04-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Arizona is doing a similar thing.

http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/comments/index.php?id=234602

Mike13
05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
slow news day?

WSE
05-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I just wanted to add that if people want their cars to be jesus cars, there are plenty of ways to do it without breaking the 1sy amendmant

those Jesus fish that I see on every 1 out of 5 cars for example.

why put religion on a state issued license plate. That is my gripe. People could do anything with their cars, fashion it out with Jesus if they feel fit, but not on a govt issued license plate

Dolphan7
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I just wanted to add that if people want their cars to be jesus cars, there are plenty of ways to do it without breaking the 1sy amendmant

those Jesus fish that I see on every 1 out of 5 cars for example.

why put religion on a state issued license plate. That is my gripe. People could do anything with their cars, fashion it out with Jesus if they feel fit, but not on a govt issued license plateWhy not? Why couldn't the people petition the government to allow such a licrense plate that reflects peoples beliefs? The government isn't endorsing, or forcing religion, just permiting a request?

If darwinists or Budhists petition the same government that would be ok too.

Blackocrates
05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Why not? Why couldn't the people petition the government to allow such a licrense plate that reflects peoples beliefs? The government isn't endorsing, or forcing religion, just permiting a request?

If darwinists or Budhists petition the same government that would be ok too.

Would you truly not have a problem with devil license plates? How about if thousands upon thousands of muslim license plates started driving by you?

#1 Fan
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
if extra money goes to the state, i don't see a problem. it's not like they're making atheists buy this tag.

Dolphan7
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Would you truly not have a problem with devil license plates? How about if thousands upon thousands of muslim license plates started driving by you?I wouldn't have a problem with that. It is a free country. People can believe what they want, and adorn their cars with whatever they want.

Blackocrates
05-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. It is a free country. People can believe what they want, and adorn their cars with whatever they want.

Fair enough.

cwsox
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. It is a free country. People can believe what they want, and adorn their cars with whatever they want.

sure - just don't involve the government

but the thing is, I am a true American conservative who believes people should do things by free enterprise, the private sector

while you are a biog government liberal who wants the government to be involved in everything, including manufacturing religious goods

I bet you support the government giving tax dollars to religious schools too

God spare our nation from liberals corrupting the private system that has made America great

Dolphan7
05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
sure - just don't involve the government

but the thing is, I am a true American conservative who believes people should do things by free enterprise, the private sector

while you are a biog government liberal who wants the government to be involved in everything, including manufacturing religious goods

I bet you support the government giving tax dollars to religious schools too

God spare our nation from liberals corrupting the private system that has made America great
Wow! That has to be the first time anyone on FH has ever considered me a liberal! :lol:

WVDolphan
05-11-2008, 02:19 AM

Thats obviously just a saying. No way in hell the government would issue muslim plates. People would go ape****.