PDA

View Full Version : Bills Offer Milloy a Contract (merged 2x)



zevo
09-02-2003, 03:51 PM
between lawyer and the Bills!

zevo
09-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Its a done deal!

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 03:54 PM
give me a link......now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Slacker
09-02-2003, 03:54 PM
dude..guess what. This isn't a bills forum. :fire:

PhinPhreak
09-02-2003, 03:54 PM
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Buffalo Bills have made a contract offer to free agent S Lawyer Milloy (Patriots).

Nothing like stirring things up a little 2 days before opening day.

ckparrothead
09-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Damn, I knew he would go to another division opponent. What the heck are the Patriots thinking???

At this point I was hoping for the Jets since without Pennington they probably won't be much of a threat. I mean I was REALLY hoping he went to Minnesota like PFT speculated but still.

zevo
09-02-2003, 03:56 PM
http://www.billsbillspage.com

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by The Slacker
dude..guess what. This isn't a bills forum. :fire:
dude..guess what...its news you need to know:lol:

FinFrenzy
09-02-2003, 03:57 PM
It's not gonna help :billsbite

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
Damn, I knew he would go to another division opponent. What the heck are the Patriots thinking???

At this point I was hoping for the Jets since without Pennington they probably won't be much of a threat. I mean I was REALLY hoping he went to Minnesota like PFT speculated but still.
Bledsoe, now him...i love the patriots and take back any bad thing i ever said about them:D

Emskirch
09-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the Dolphins Forum.

zevo
09-02-2003, 03:58 PM
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!

FinFrenzy
09-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Too bad they can't give you a superbowl..........:lol:

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Too bad they can't give you a superbowl..........:lol:
i love how dolphin fans are trying to downplay this...it's ok, we see the piss running down your leg:lol:

Emskirch
09-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the Dolphins forum.... how is the Bills Zone going?

Justasportsfan
09-02-2003, 04:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1607519


Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already contacted Milloy's agents and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002.
--Len Pasquarelli


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


I hope he feels like the way Seau did wanting to go to a team that plays the team that let him go. :D

FinFrenzy
09-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons

i love how dolphin fans are trying to downplay this...it's ok, we see the piss running down your leg:lol:

If a true color comment like that makes you feel better.......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justasportsfan
09-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Oops sorry mods.

zach13
09-02-2003, 04:19 PM
While signing Milloy would be a significant upgrade over what the Bills currently field, Milloy is not the player he once was:

1. His statistics declined dramatically last year - tackles went below 100 for the first time since his rookie season, and he failed to register an interception for the first time in his career.

2. I saw every Pats game last year - two in person, and he definitely looked a step slow at times.

Justasportsfan
09-02-2003, 04:22 PM
He's still faster than Sammy Knight :D

Muck
09-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by zevo
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!

That's ok. I'll take our guy....who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

Milloy is a great safety though. You guys tremendously upgraded the D today. Both buys can hit. And both guys rack up a lot of tackles. I'm just happy with my guy too. :D

zach13
09-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by justafan
He's still faster than Sammy Knight :D

Prove it

Justasportsfan
09-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by zachseau13


Prove it

:lol:

Justasportsfan
09-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Muck


That's ok. I'll take our guy....who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

Milloy is a great safety though. You guys tremendously upgraded the D today. Both buys can hit. And both guys rack up a lot of tackles. I'm just happy with my guy too. :D

Relax guys, it isn't confirmed yet. I doubt he'll start against the Pats anyways if we do sign him. He may audible the pats D plays to Drew however.:D

deathdisco
09-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by zevo
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!


What are you talking about, nothing is official that I can see, its all rumors here is the article word for word.Could standout strong safety Lawyer Milloy actually line up against his former team in Sunday's regular season opener? Don't bet against it.

"Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already contacted Milloy's agents and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002."
--Len Pasquarelli


Wait and see

beach2nd
09-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by deathdisco


The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002."
--Len Pasquarelli



Yeah they had just as many picks combined as Milloy did. :lol:

Samphin
09-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Perhaps this is Belichek at his best. He released Milloy, KNOWING that the Bills would take the bait and sign him, thus wasting cap space and putting someone behind enemy lines. This way during week 1, he has a spy working for him and can screw up the Bills from the inside. That Belichek, what a genious! :lol:


What, quit looking at me like that, it could happen. :dunce:

ohall
09-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Muck


That's ok. I'll take our guy....who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

Milloy is a great safety though. You guys tremendously upgraded the D today. Both buys can hit. And both guys rack up a lot of tackles. I'm just happy with my guy too. :D

He's good, but for the Bills to be losing their lunches over this amazes me. I guess they think Milloy puts them over the top! Crazy.

Oliver...

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


He's good, but for the Bills to be losing their lunches over this amazes me. I guess they think Milloy puts them over the top! Crazy.

Oliver...
You can't fault us for getting excited over a defensive leader who's been to 4 of the last 5 probowls...he's only 29 too. Forgive us for showing excitement....this isn't really a Dolphin's thing...this is more of a Pats-Bills thing...makes us better, makes them worse

ohall
09-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons

You can't fault us for getting excited over a defensive leader who's been to 4 of the last 5 probowls...he's only 29 too. Forgive us for showing excitement....this isn't really a Dolphin's thing...this is more of a Pats-Bills thing...makes us better, makes them worse

Of course it makes you all better, but how much better and how fast? If you think Milloy can just get in there and learn your system and be his normal self in 4 days or even 1 month you're fooling yourself. This is a good move for your future, not for the present, as in 4-6 games to start your 2003 season.

As far as I'm concerned this made the AFC East title that much easier for the Phins to win, because it weakens the Pats. The Bills are not contending for the AFC East title with or without Milloy IMO.

Oliver...

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


Of course it makes you all better, but how much better and how fast? If you think Milloy can just get in there and learn your system and be his normal self in 4 days or even 1 month you're fooling yourself. This is a good move for your future, not for the present, as in 4-6 games to start your 2003 season.

As far as I'm concerned this made the AFC East title that much easier for the Phins to win, because it weakens the Pats. The Bills are not contending for the AFC East title with or without Milloy IMO.

Oliver...
and you are entitled to your opinion

ohall
09-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons

and you are entitled to your opinion

You better hope the Saints or Vikings don't sign this guy. If either of them do, this turns into one bad day for Bill fans.

Oliver...

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


You better hope the Saints or Vikings don't sign this guy. If either of them do, this turns into one bad day for Bill fans.

Oliver...
like most teams, it wouldn't be our first
and to be truthful, no one even conceived of this...it just happened today...so the Pats are hurt either way...they lost their team captain...gives us more of a chance against the team that gives us fits.

XoPhinsoX
09-02-2003, 06:39 PM
I read SD is making a push too.

ohall
09-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I read SD is making a push too.

We don't them to sign him!

Oliver...

Scrap
09-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


You better hope the Saints or Vikings don't sign this guy. If either of them do, this turns into one bad day for Bill fans.

Oliver...

Actually if he signs with someone outside of the AFC east, the Bills still win. They will be rid of him just like we are.

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew


Actually if he signs with someone outside of the AFC east, the Bills still win. They will be rid of him just like we are.
true scrappy...not only that, its a good day...I just heard we got Gary for a conditional 4th...not 7th...he could go as high as 2nd:cool:

ohall
09-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew


Actually if he signs with someone outside of the AFC east, the Bills still win. They will be rid of him just like we are.

True, but that still won't change the fact if he signs with someone other than the Bills they thought he was coming to the them.

That can't be any fun.

Oliver...

CirclingWagons
09-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


True, but that still won't change the fact if he signs with someone other than the Bills they thought he was coming to the them.

That can't be any fun.

Oliver...
true...I was so excited it felt like I snorted an entire eightball...now it feels like the withdrawal

finfan54
09-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by zevo
you guys can have your Sammy knight! we just got one of the best S in the NFL!!! If not the best!!

was that when he was a patriot or now that he is a bill. im sure he was like 10-15 when he was a patriot.:lol:

MNFINFAN
09-02-2003, 11:45 PM
The news in Minneapolis, has the Vikings as really serious. "Sources" saying he could be a Viking by the weekend. That would be cool, take him away from the AFCE and get him to my second fave team!

Ozzy
09-03-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by justafan
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1607519


Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already contacted Milloy's agents and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002.
--Len Pasquarelli


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


I hope he feels like the way Seau did wanting to go to a team that plays the team that let him go. :D


Why not post the good part of this article? Here I'll do it......

Given the past history of owner Daniel Snyder, the Redskins may well offer the most money of all Milloy's suitors. Washington has more than $5 million in cap room, may not blink if the financial ante is raised, and certainly could use a player of Milloy's ilk to anchor its interior secondary. One of the Saints' players said Tuesday night that Milloy had hinted he favored the Redskins but wanted more time to consider his decision.


Hey I know you Bill's have a good reason the be excited at the possibilities, but lets see what happens.

Remember though, two teams in the AFC EAST are already familiar with him. But he would most definitely be an ugrade for Billy.

MNFINFAN
09-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by MNFINFAN
The news in Minneapolis, has the Vikings as really serious. "Sources" saying he could be a Viking by the weekend. That would be cool, take him away from the AFCE and get him to my second fave team!



The Vikings, however, dropped out of the bidding when it became clear Milloy was seeking more than they were willing to pay, and he appeared set to sign today with either Buffalo, New Orleans or Washington

I forgot they only have 30 mill under the cap and the cheapest owner in sports:rolleyes: . Looks like Money Bags Snyder is Buffalo's greatest threat in the sweepstakes.

Emskirch
09-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by zevo
Its a done deal!

Almost 24 hours later, and no done deal. Matter of fact, Washington and NO are in the running...

I wager he goes to the Deadskins...

:lol:

PatsWin2002
09-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Bills wait as Milloy considers his options

By John Wawrow, Associated Press, 9/3/2003 13:35

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) Free agent safety Lawyer Milloy has the Buffalo Bills' offer, and has until the end of Wednesday to decide whether to accept it.

''We're kind of in a holding pattern on this,'' Bills president Tom Donahoe said. ''We've been told that we are one of the teams that Lawyer's seriously taking a look at, and we hope to know something today.''

Donahoe added that the Bills won't wait much beyond that, because they have to focus on their season-opener against the New England Patriots, Milloy's former team, on Sunday.

''It would be great if we get the player, but if we don't get him, we've got a very important game to play that's going to need a lot of our attention,'' Donahoe said.

The rest:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/246/sports/Bills_wait_as_Milloy_considers:.shtml

XoPhinsoX
09-03-2003, 02:48 PM
CMON SKINS!

Hell..let the Vikings have em ;).

BillsNick
09-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I'll wait until there is ink on the contract before I react. Wherever he goes, we win b/c he is not on the Pats anymore!!

dolphan
09-03-2003, 04:59 PM
ESPN bottomline says its done.