PDA

View Full Version : Rumors With CitizenSnips: Bioshock to PS3? Halo Prequel?

CitizenSnips
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, hows it going?

Bioshock on ps3?
For you PS3 fans, check it out (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/25/rumorang-bioshock-ps3-port-in-september/) Bioshock, last years very impressive 360 exclusive shooter may be coming to the PS3. My cousin works in the industry (he's a lead programmer for a MAJOR developer) and told me awhile ago that this will happen. (Also, he said Mass Effect will appear on the PS3 eventually as well, so take that for what its worth.)

Halo Prequel?
For those of you who have read the halo novels, you know there is a fantastic storyline that doesn't even get touched in the videogames. If you've only played the games, you probably think the storyline is stupid and pointless, and in the games, it is. But there may be a prequel to the series in the works. (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/25/rumor-bungie-making-third-person-halo-prequel/) The prequel could star Sgt. Avery Johnson, and the ODSTs. Also, this may be done as a squad-based shooter in third person mode, so they won't be sticking to the halo formula.

Again, these are just rumors. But in the videogame world, unlike the NFL world, rumors hold a lot of weight. That's all for now folks.

Dolfan32323
04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
prequel would make sense

SarahAnn
04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Bioshock wasnt exclusive as it came on PC as well, but even so it may be a nice addition for some peoples collections.

Phinz420
04-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Bioshock wasnt exclusive as it came on PC as well, but even so it may be a nice addition for some peoples collections.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :up:

Im not a 360 owner but damned if Bioshock wasn't one of my favorite shooters ever.

muscle979
04-28-2008, 09:53 AM
That's cool, I'd like to play Bioshock.

FinsNCanes
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Quit Bioschock after 2 hours. I don't know how a Halo prequel would do. I was never a huge fan of the series anyways although I kind of wish I might of kept it with all the maps and stuff coming out as of late. Actually..I do like Halo I just wish it didn't take 4 clips to kill someone.

Do you know anyone else who has 2 gaming systems with no games? :woot:

It pretty much tells you what I think of the whole next-gen scene.

CitizenSnips
04-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Quit Bioschock after 2 hours. I don't know how a Halo prequel would do. I was never a huge fan of the series anyways although I kind of wish I might of kept it with all the maps and stuff coming out as of late. Actually..I do like Halo I just wish it didn't take 4 clips to kill someone.

Do you know anyone else who has 2 gaming systems with no games? :woot:

It pretty much tells you what I think of the whole next-gen scene.

Well let me tell you sir, Bioshock was a fine game indeed. You quit before you got to anything good me thinks.

As for the no games, i can understand that. I don't have many myself. I have 3 on the wii and 4 on the 360.

FinsNCanes
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Well let me tell you sir, Bioshock was a fine game indeed. You quit before you got to anything good me thinks.

As for the no games, i can understand that. I don't have many myself. I have 3 on the wii and 4 on the 360.

Maybe..

I just found it to be a VERY basic FPS with bad animation. I think I'm too picky, then again I think I'm not because if companies wouldn't focus so much on pumping money into graphics and advertisement they could spend it on gameplay and features. The only game I truely enjoyed in a long time was Mass Effect and even that fell short (the whole Mongoose thing got annoying , complex's all looking the same, no point to buy anything).

CitizenSnips
04-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Maybe..

I just found it to be a VERY basic FPS with bad animation. I think I'm too picky, then again I think I'm not because if companies wouldn't focus so much on pumping money into graphics and advertisement they could spend it on gameplay and features. The only game I truely enjoyed in a long time was Mass Effect and even that fell short (the whole Mongoose thing got annoying , complex's all looking the same, no point to buy anything).

Yeah but with bioshock you prolly didnt get any of the worthwhile plasmids within 2 hours. Come on, freezing enemies and then hitting them with a wrench? Lighting them on fire and gunnin them down? picking up a gas tank with telekinesis and hurling it at a splicer? Electrocuting the bad guys when they walk over water? Bioshock owned all current FPS's in gameplay. Instead of just 6-10 guns to choose from, you could kill an enemy in literally hundreds of different ways.

FinsNCanes
04-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah but with bioshock you prolly didnt get any of the worthwhile plasmids within 2 hours. Come on, freezing enemies and then hitting them with a wrench? Lighting them on fire and gunnin them down? picking up a gas tank with telekinesis and hurling it at a splicer? Electrocuting the bad guys when they walk over water? Bioshock owned all current FPS's in gameplay. Instead of just 6-10 guns to choose from, you could kill an enemy in literally hundreds of different ways.

I got the fire and electricity. I found it just more of a gimmick. Bleh..I dunno..just didn't care for it. I also think alot of it has to do that for every 10 games that came out 6 or 7 are FPS. It's getting a little tired..

CitizenSnips
04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I got the fire and electricity. I found it just more of a gimmick. Bleh..I dunno..just didn't care for it. I also think alot of it has to do that for every 10 games that came out 6 or 7 are FPS. It's getting a little tired..

well yeah. That's 360s bread and butter right there. I got bored with it myself. Its part of the reason i got a wii in the first place. People can put down mario all they want but its nice to have some games that arent about shooting anything.

FinsNCanes
04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
well yeah. That's 360s bread and butter right there. I got bored with it myself. Its part of the reason i got a wii in the first place. People can put down mario all they want but its nice to have some games that arent about shooting anything.

I got down on some 4 player Mario Party last night at my friends house. I don't think I would buy a Wii but it's still fun to play here and there with a group of people.

Get Up And Go
04-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Mario Kart is my Wii's last chance to woo me. Everything I've gotten for it have been let downs.

FinsNCanes
04-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Mario Kart is my Wii's last chance to woo me. Everything I've gotten for it have been let downs.

Smash Brawl is good...with 4 players.

Get Up And Go
04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Smash Brawl is good...with 4 players.

I bought it but it did nothing for me. The online just wasn't up to par for me.

CitizenSnips
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I thought I'd give some follow up here. Bioshock PS3 is official.

It's going to be announced in the july issue of EGM.

the becktionary
05-23-2008, 01:05 AM
I was kind of hoping for things that I couldn't find on major websites within two minutes. You mention your cousin works in the "biz" I was hoping for like Wii60 rumors or something off the wall like that.

GinnVP
05-23-2008, 01:07 AM
he's a lead programmer for a MAJOR developer

Which one?

CitizenSnips
05-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I was kind of hoping for things that I couldn't find on major websites within two minutes. You mention your cousin works in the "biz" I was hoping for like Wii60 rumors or something off the wall like that.

well he's a software programmer, he's not gonna know stuff like that. He's been telling me about Bioshock coming to Ps3 ever since it came out on Xbox, I just didn't wanna blab about it without any legit proof, cause heh, this is a message board and people would just say im making it up.

His company is technically free lance, although they work on almost every major EA title. Hes the lead programmer on porting Mass Effect to the Pc, or was I should say (its out now). I got to play the opening of Mass Effect on Xbox a couple months before its release actually. He's worked on Bioshock and Band of Brothers as well. He's not happy with his current job though, and has an interview with Harmonix soon. (All these companies are based out of Boston. His company is actually right across the street from Harmonix, he plays rock band with the actual developers all the game) Only thing stopping him from switching to harmonix is it might mean a pay cut. But damn, i'd go visit him to play Rock Band 2.

The first game he was lead programmer of was, no joke, http://pc.ign.com/articles/582/582127p1.html:lol: (http://pc.ign.com/articles/582/582127p1.html)

He's moved on to bigger things obviously.

muscle979
05-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Good, I've been wanting to play that game.

Dolphin1184
05-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I wonder if they will charge $59.99 for it since Bioshock for 360 is $39.99 now and even cheaper ($19.99!!) for PC.

CitizenSnips
05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I wonder if they will charge $59.99 for it since Bioshock for 360 is $39.99 now and even cheaper ($19.99!!) for PC.

One would hope they only charge 49.99 at the most, but I will say that its worth every penny. And a lot of people would agree.