PDA

View Full Version : What cell phone carrier do you recommend?

phinphan896
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
right now i have cingular but its way to expensive per month and my contract expired at the end of this month. Im looking mostly at sprint or verizon because tmobile's service is scattered throughout the rest of the country so if im traveling i may not get service. Those of you who have verizon and sprint, if you could tell me what you like and dont like about you service it would be greatly appreciated.

Dolphin1184
04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I was about to recommend you AT&T but you are quitting it. :(

Blade
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
i had verizon for the past 6 years and havent had any problems with them.

phinphan896
04-26-2008, 10:44 PM
I was about to recommend you AT&T but you are quitting it. :(
too expensive, my family plan with my parents is costing 270 a month (i pay a fifth cause we have five lines). we were looking at verzion and sprint. theyre about the same and run at about 200-215.

thenextbigthing
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
DONT go with t-mobile, **** blows!
sometimes i dont even get service at my own house

PhinzN703
04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
right now i have cingular but its way to expensive per month and my contract expired at the end of this month. Im looking mostly at sprint or verizon because tmobile's service is scattered throughout the rest of the country so if im traveling i may not get service. Those of you who have verizon and sprint, if you could tell me what you like and dont like about you service it would be greatly appreciated.

All of the cell companies basically have the same rate plans for their phones so why would you want to switch?

Most companies start their plans at 39.99

PhinzN703
04-27-2008, 12:46 AM
too expensive, my family plan with my parents is costing 270 a month (i pay a fifth cause we have five lines). we were looking at verzion and sprint. theyre about the same and run at about 200-215.

A family plan shouldn't cost you 270 a month. That doesn't make any sense. The most expensive plan there is 99.99 a month for unlimited minutes nationwide.

Then you add a line to your family talk plan for 9.99 each.

That by itself is 139.99. Now if every single one of those lines has added features like text, Media Net or Push to Talk, it'll definitely raise that price a little.

But the same can be said for every company

Dolphin1184
04-27-2008, 01:55 AM

If you enjoy getting no signal at certain places, go with sprint. I can't stand sprint, and neither do two people I know who use it.

Arsenal WV
04-27-2008, 04:21 AM
AT&T is awful...I hate them

phinphan896
04-27-2008, 09:25 AM
A family plan shouldn't cost you 270 a month. That doesn't make any sense. The most expensive plan there is 99.99 a month for unlimited minutes nationwide.

Then you add a line to your family talk plan for 9.99 each.

That by itself is 139.99. Now if every single one of those lines has added features like text, Media Net or Push to Talk, it'll definitely raise that price a little.

But the same can be said for every company
yeah we all have texting and me and my brother pay extra for mobile internet but still, when we did the same thing with sprint and verizon it was still $50-60 dollars cheaper per month. im leaning towards verizon cause all of my friends that have verizon love it and say that theyve never had problems with the service

Amars
04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
If you make local call you can get metropcs. Unlimited minutes for $30.

MetroPCS offers talk-all-you-want service in five basic cellular plans priced at $30, $35, $40, $45 or $50 - options and services vary depending on the level of service you choose. MetroPCS has more than 3 million subscribers and offers customers flat rate cellular plans with unlimited minutes, no signed contracts, no activation fees and your first month of service FREE!

phinphan896
04-27-2008, 11:19 AM
If you make local call you can get metropcs. Unlimited minutes for $30.

MetroPCS offers talk-all-you-want service in five basic cellular plans priced at $30, $35, $40, $45 or $50 - options and services vary depending on the level of service you choose. MetroPCS has more than 3 million subscribers and offers customers flat rate cellular plans with unlimited minutes, no signed contracts, no activation fees and your first month of service FREE!
but you get no service. ive had a ****load of people tell me they had or have metropcs but its a piece of **** because you dont even get service in your own house

Amars
04-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I dont have metropcs but it cheap if that what your looking for. I have Tmobile my faves. But I hate talking on the phone so it works for me.

dolfan06
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
right now i have cingular but its way to expensive per month and my contract expired at the end of this month. Im looking mostly at sprint or verizon because tmobile's service is scattered throughout the rest of the country so if im traveling i may not get service. Those of you who have verizon and sprint, if you could tell me what you like and dont like about you service it would be greatly appreciated.we have verizon with 4 phones and 600 anytime minutes. we have two of the phones in missouri and two in arkansas, we also pay a fee so we don't have to pay roming charges because our phones have a california number. we get it so to call us from california it is a local call for our friends. the package costs right around $100 a month.

phinphan896
04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
most of the people i talk to that have verizon love it.

Nappy Roots
04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
how is verizon going to be any cheaper at all?

FinFan72
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
sprint

phinphan896
04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
how is verizon going to be any cheaper at all?
verizon and sprint have cheaper data and messaging plans. a lot cheaper

dolfan06
04-28-2008, 12:49 AM
most of the people i talk to that have verizon love it.i haven't tried any of the others except sprint. i got rid of it because i'd drop half of my d*mn calls. my wife and i love to camp in our trailer here in arkansas, and even though our server is in california i've always gotten a signal.

CedarPhin
04-28-2008, 02:58 AM
AT&T.

I'm not a fan of Verizon

Clipse
04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Go with U.S. Cellular. Me and my father have had it for 3 years and we love it. U.S. Cellular and Alltel are the best if you're looking for good service. U.S. Cellular is pretty cheap however but Alltel will give you the shaft with random charges if you dont watch out.

phinphan896
04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Go with U.S. Cellular. Me and my father have had it for 3 years and we love it. U.S. Cellular and Alltel are the best if you're looking for good service. U.S. Cellular is pretty cheap however but Alltel will give you the shaft with random charges if you dont watch out.theres no us cellular service down here in miami

DAFINZ
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
7 years with verizon: fantastic, unbeatable service. So many times my friends with AT&T have had no signal while I have 5 bars!

Clipse
04-28-2008, 04:02 PM
theres no us cellular service down here in miami
Really? didnt know that :lol:. Alltel is pretty good then.

greatwade
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
D-day is in Wade's Fav 5.

now close this pos thread.

;)

phinphan896
04-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Really? didnt know that :lol:. Alltel is pretty good then.
no alltel, its cingular (overpriced), sprint, verizon or metropcs (****ty service).
im leaning towards verizon because all of my friends i keep asking that have verizon keep telling me that they've never had problems with the service.

Nappy Roots
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
verizon and sprint have cheaper data and messaging plans. a lot cheaper

verizon doesnt. sprint does cause they have to. their service is ****ty.

Maynard the Hammer
04-29-2008, 03:20 AM
as far as service goes, it can be a crap shoot in my experience. i had sprint a while back. it worked great everywhere except my house lol

dolfan06
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
verizon doesnt. sprint does cause they have to. their service is ****ty.when i had sprint i called to cancel, they asked me if i wanted to keep 911 service on the phone, i asked them what good would that do if i have no service!:err:

spydertl79
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
It depends on what area you're in, I know that in Tallahassee and Tampa Verizon seems to have very good service.

dolfan06
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
It depends on what area you're in, I know that in Tallahassee and Tampa Verizon seems to have very good service.i still have pretty good service here in northwest arkansas, even though everything is roaming here. verizon just got permission to put up towers here.:up:

Clipse
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
no alltel, its cingular (overpriced), sprint, verizon or metropcs (****ty service).
im leaning towards verizon because all of my friends i keep asking that have verizon keep telling me that they've never had problems with the service.
Well it all depends I guess. Verizon has ****ty service around here. Cingular and U.S. Cellular are the best for this area so I wouldn't be sure about your area.