Love it, kid looked great at the Senior Bowl
Who? WTF!!!

dabeastdabone
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Who? WTF!!!

Small school guy. Could be a sleeper?

nhgent
This has gotta mean they've got a plan to move JT....right???

Gadsden86
Well they said he is a good plyer.. But we NEED a WR or CB:boohoo:

TraderJoe
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
This has gotta mean they've got a plan to move JT....right???

Actually so far I think the people are really in trouble are Holliday, Roth and Wright

TraderJoe
04-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Small school guy. Could be a sleeper?

I didn't think the third but I wanted him in this draft. He was all over the Senior Bowl field.

NealKerouac21
04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
It has always been funny to me in any of these drafts how the first player that is selected and unknown to a poster you get the obligatory "WTF?" post.

Parcells isn't taking a guy that he hasn't done extensive research on....they had a whole night to talk about this portion of the draft so you have to think that Langford was their guy and for good reason.

PogiRo
04-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Love it, kid looked great at the Senior Bowl

Eh. Woulda liked him to go somewhere else. It's been front 7, front 7, front 7 since Bill's been here through FA, trades, and drafting. We got Merling yesterday, and we prolly coulda gotten Langford in the 4th. I trust they see a good player in Langford, so I think he'll be good. But spread the wealth. How about the secondary? I agree with what I think BP's philosophy is in building this franchise by starting with the o-line and front 7 on D, but at least kick one pick to the secondary.

PhinzN703
04-27-2008, 10:24 AM
It has always been funny to me in any of these drafts how the first player that is selected and unknown to a poster you get the obligatory "WTF?" post.

Parcells isn't taking a guy that he hasn't done extensive research on....they had a whole night to talk about this portion of the draft so you have to think that Langford was their guy and for good reason.

A message board wouldn't be a message board if you didn't have guys like that ;)

CC Coach
04-27-2008, 10:25 AM
A good player with decent upside.
I thought they might go for Early Doucet who is much better than Hagan.

zackattack54
04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Here's an analysis from cbs sportsline on Langford.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/1252360

phinsfan84
04-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Im telling you right now mark my words this guy is an animal. Future pro bowler. We just went from a 4-3 personnel to a 3-4 personnel in 2 rounds. Merling and Langford are built for it. our d just got so much better. Big props to parcells and Ireland! We are righting the ship hopefully we go g in round 4. and maybe pick up something for JT

canesfins13
04-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Could have gotten him later and gotten a better player in the 3rd. Dont mind the player, just where we picked him. That pick had Doucet written all over it

dabeastdabone
04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Where (on average) was he supposed to go? I'm not seeing him anywhere. Could we of picked him up later, maybe, trade into a later 4th round pick...something?

CitizenSnips
04-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Where (on average) was he supposed to go? I'm not seeing him anywhere. Could we of picked him up later, maybe, trade into a later 4th round pick...something?

late 4th, early 5th. *shrugs*

Jacob Hester wasnt expecting to get drafted.

Straztheman
04-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Actually so far I think the people are really in trouble are Holliday, Roth and Wright

I see all three staying on the team this year. Because you can never have too much depth on the defensive line.

phintim
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Langford is a step slow from what I have been able to look up. Just because Bill P rubber stamps it does not mean that it is a good pick. He could have traded down lower and gotten another pick probably in the 4th and still gotten this kid IMO etc. Bill tend to fall in love with his prototype player in terms of size and gets burned as much as he hits home. I am really hoping that this was Irelands pick more than Bills which would mean he is more of a sleeper pick than most of us realize. After releasing L Booker I thought that Smith might be our pick, a guard or CB. We are loaded on the Dl right now maybe they will start trading some of those guys for 6 and 7th picks like Wright and Holiday. I
am sure tired of hearing why the Dolphins are so bad because none of the draft picks from the last few years are not on the team. Thats not the players faults thats the Dolphins brass fault when those same players are on different teams playing well. A really good coaching staff can make the players they have work for them until they can find better ones. I hope we are not just headed in that same direction again. Bill and Ireland should have traded down a bit more if this is who they had targeted they choked a bit here.

phintim
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Yes the 4th or later so we should have trade down to the end of the 3rd got more picks and still go him.

TraderJoe
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Lindy's = 3rd
Pro Football Weekly = 3rd-4th
Sporting News = 7th

Blackocrates
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Im telling you right now mark my words this guy is an animal. Future pro bowler.

Take it easy, future pro bowler?!

fishypete
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Taken way too early....5th grade talent.

ChambersWI
04-27-2008, 10:47 AM
bably a reach but a good player

GRYPHONK
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Taken way too early....5th grade talent.

Exactly. Way too early to draft him, but hey, if he's a pro bowler lik ethe guy claims, then good pick lol!!!

fishypete
04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Exactly. Way too early to draft him, but hey, if he's a pro bowler lik ethe guy claims, then good pick lol!!!

Either Parcells knew another team wanted him...or Parcells had gas.:unsure:

Montella
04-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Some more info to the guy we drafted:

No matter how or where he is played, he has immense NFL potential. Langford is very aggressive; he will never be labeled as a pile inspector. He plays football with a very high motor and when you see him move you would never believe he is only a biscuit away from 300 pounds. He has quick feet like a linebacker, plays with his head up and quickly finds the ball and diagnosis the play. Langford will have to fight the small school pedigree and he will have to learn a wider assortment of pass rushing moves. His body is already NFL ready, but he won’t be able to bull rush or run around the tackles in the NFL, he will have to learn how to use his hands better. As we get closer to the Scouting Combine and the NFL Draft, Kendall Langford will be a name whispered by all the NFL Scouts.

trate121
04-27-2008, 11:14 AM
i have no opinion just yet cause i dont know the guy

finner
04-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I had Langford on my top 20 list, but I felt it could happen in the 4th. But no big deal about a 3rd or a 4th as long as he proves out.

Nappy Roots
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Langford is the perfect fit in the 3-4. hes going to start right away IMO. he may have been there later, but i dont think we could risk it with his potential in this system. 56 TFL in his career. hes extremely disruptive.

his knocks are he doesnt have the speed in space(fixed by him moving more inside) and sometimes doesnt use the best leverage. which is easily fixable.

Has a big frame and is able to carry anywhere from 275-300 pounds...Very strong and powerful...Tough and plays with a nasty demeanor...Good bull rusher...Stout against the run...Offers some versatility....Productive...Hard worker...Team leader. if that aint the perfect 34 DE i dont know what is.

absolutely LOOOOOOVE that pick. my favorite so far.

PerfectTeam
04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
this was a great pick. alot of the 3-4 teams liked this guy and supposedly the jets wanted him. this is starting to make me think wright they may not be to high on, holliday's time is limited here and starks will probably end up on the nose after a year and roth is gone i believe.