PDA

View Full Version : We will regret passing on Kevin Smith

Crazysimon
04-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I saw him play every week, he was getting better and better, the lions got a steal. We're going to be talking about passing on him on these boards next year. Wow. We needed a reliable backup running back, because i dont trust Ricky, and Kevin Smith fit the bill. I'm really dissapointed. You all will be too, when you see this kid.

phintim
04-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Perhaps but Bill Parcells has a method to his madness we just have to hope that it all works out!

rjintampa
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
time will tell

Stefins
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
We could say this about EVERY player....

Dolfan11
04-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Who cares, we have Ronnie Brown?

WSE
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
yea, Kevin is going to be amazing

make a much better impact than any dt named Langford, let me say that

korl68
04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree. I was disappointed in passing on him. But otherwise great draft.

BlueFin
04-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree. I was disappointed in passing on him. But otherwise great draft.

Hey Korl, we got that 2nd round quarterback huh?

finner
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Who cares, we have Ronnie Brown?

That's a questionmark IMO (based on recovery and will he return to form)?

RW is certainly someone you cannot count.

We trashed Book for a 4th.

So we're NOT that soild at RB depending on injury etc.

hemidemon
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Unless Kevin is better than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, he won't be, we won't miss him. Ronnie Brown will be fine.

NYinBostonFin
04-27-2008, 12:20 PM

Maybe BP knows something about his injury that we don't. Is that possible?

finner
04-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Anything is possible, including the possibility that Ronnie will not be the same player, and RW will never be the guy he was years ago.

WSE
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Unless Kevin is better than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, he won't be, we won't miss him. Ronnie Brown will be fine.

he is better than Ricky at this point of Ricky's career.

the guy is going to be a beast

trate121
04-27-2008, 12:54 PM
im not sure what to think....i liked the guy but i see what BP is doing

SQuinn17
04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I saw him play every week, he was getting better and better, the lions got a steal. We're going to be talking about passing on him on these boards next year. Wow. We needed a reliable backup running back, because i dont trust Ricky, and Kevin Smith fit the bill. I'm really dissapointed. You all will be too, when you see this kid.please! hes so over rated. anybody can rack up in college with 30-35 carries a game. he was ucf's entire offense. if mcfadden got 35 carries a game, could u imagine the #'s he would put up?

Crazysimon
04-27-2008, 02:23 PM

My sentiments exactly. The Running Back position is a huge question mark for this team now. And for a team that wants to be strong pounding the ball, we don't really have the players to consistently do it, unless ronnie brown went to see some magical healer in India with ricky.

Crazysimon
04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
please! hes so over rated. anybody can rack up in college with 30-35 carries a game. he was ucf's entire offense. if mcfadden got 35 carries a game, could u imagine the #'s he would put up?

there were plenty of backs in college getting 30 carries a game, and none were close to breaking barry sanders single season record, but he was. Mcfadden went 4 overall, he went where he should be, im just saying i think people sleep on Kevin Smith.

korl68
04-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey Korl, we got that 2nd round quarterback huh?

Yes, I was very excited about that. I kinda liked Flacco but not at that price. At least we have valid competition finally.

I still have a hard time understanding some people and how they think a QB is just like every position but oh well.

Great draft at his point.

I liked most of the picks.

rev kev
04-29-2008, 12:25 AM
yea, Kevin is going to be amazing

make a much better impact than any dt named Langford, let me say that

Well just what the hell is he running behind........ Yea figured... he is going to get run behind the line like all the other Detroit RBs how dare anyone put him in Barry Sanders category....

swa is funky
04-29-2008, 09:47 AM
i havent seen kevin smith play....so i dont know how good he is

but everytime i see a college player hyped on this board, the first thing i do is check to see if he's from a florida school.....and more often than not, he is.....

seems like a lot of people on here overrate players from schools that they watch a lot, and think they are better than they are.......whereas the scouts watch a lot more teams and are probably more objective

i know i do the same, cause i thought eric foster from rutgers is going to be a really good DE/LB and should have been drafted.......

korl68
04-29-2008, 09:53 AM
i havent seen kevin smith play....so i dont know how good he is

but everytime i see a college player hyped on this board, the first thing i do is check to see if he's from a florida school.....and more often than not, he is.....

seems like a lot of people on here overrate players from schools that they watch a lot, and think they are better than they are.......whereas the scouts watch a lot more teams and are probably more objective

i know i do the same, cause i thought eric foster from rutgers is going to be a really good DE/LB and should have been drafted.......

I hope you are right and it is with rose colored glasses I was watching him with.

Lee2000
04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I saw him play every week, he was getting better and better, the lions got a steal. We're going to be talking about passing on him on these boards next year. Wow. We needed a reliable backup running back, because i dont trust Ricky, and Kevin Smith fit the bill. I'm really dissapointed. You all will be too, when you see this kid.

Watch Parmele on video. You might change your mind.

Lee2000

MoFinz
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Kevin Smith might very well be a very good back in this league. That said, he runs too high up, doesnt really hit the hole quickly and i'm not sold he has great vision to spot the opening if the hols closes.

I'm fine with this draft. And if Langford becomes a great producer and Smith is more Kijana Carter than Eric Dickerson, i fully expect you here ready to eat some crow.

hemidemon
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM

Being this kid has never played a down in the NFL or won the heismen in college...No he is not.

TheAmazingCloin
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
parmale is a good back. watch some highlights. got some quickness, and power running style.

Lee2000
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
parmale is a good back. watch some highlights. got some quickness, and power running style.

Has 4.5 speed.

Lee2000

Vertical Limit
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Best comparism I have read on the guy was Marcus Allen.

He will be the Frank Gore of the 2008 draft.

Breed
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Has 4.5 speed.

Lee2000

4.47 official 40 time:D

mmitro55
04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Nah, I think we are good with who we have.

huthut
04-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Remember We Had Him In For A Visit? I, Have A Feeling That Parmele Will Show Some Toughness Plus Has Decent Speed. Bp Had Him On Radar From The Get Go And Had Made Contact With His Agent Sat. According To Some Nfl Reporters!! Bp Likes Smash Mouth Running Backs And He Fits The Mold !! We Sighned Some Great Talent After The Draft Which I Would Have To Grade A !! I For One Have Been Very Impressed With Our Moves Including Free Agency!

ticophin
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
You could have Superman running your ball, but with a sh***tty line, he`d get killed, one of the probable reasons Ricky went on a binge in the first place. I`m trusting the Trifecta, blindly, to build this team the way it should be built, with something we haven`t seen around here for a VERY long time, balance...God I miss the excitement...Who`s afraid of playing the Fins? That`s right, nobody. But, with the calorie infusion we just got last weekend, they better damn should be from now on!

LtDan
04-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I saw him play every week, he was getting better and better, the lions got a steal. We're going to be talking about passing on him on these boards next year. Wow. We needed a reliable backup running back, because i dont trust Ricky, and Kevin Smith fit the bill. I'm really dissapointed. You all will be too, when you see this kid.No we won't

Wildbill3
04-29-2008, 08:55 PM
its all subjective, we picked first in the draft, we might kick ourselves for passing on anyone, or kick ourselves for drafting jake long instead of X. We can only hope that all of our picks turn out to be studs who do what we drafted them for and that is to eventually win a super bowl right? if these guys help us win a super bowl I don't care who we passed on.

PHINishinStrong
04-30-2008, 04:49 PM

HAHAHA I like Kevin Smith but seriously he hasnt played an NFL down yet. I promise you even splitting carries with Ronnie that Ricky will have better numbers than Smith this season. I wanted Smith also but i think it wouldve been a wasted pick because we already have a starting running back(s).

Caliphinfan23
05-03-2008, 07:14 AM
I thought for sure that we were gonna go with K.Smith or Dan Connor. He is (BP) no doubt building the O and D lines first.

adamprez2003
05-03-2008, 08:18 AM
You cant just say we'll regret passing on him. You've gotta say who we should have not drafted to get him. Chad Henne? That's the comparison. Its not just who you want but who you're willing to give up to get him. Then at least you can compare the two careers

tsandaal
05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Running backs are a dime a dozen. See Pittsburgh and Denver and Green Bay. Backs get cut and picked up and go off for new teams for a season or two and then get replaced. We have a sick no. 1 in R. Brown. Ricky will get some carries and if Parmele or Cobbs don't work out we'll grab someone else. It's all about the o line this year.

Dolfan1000
05-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Umm, two questions.

1- Why is everyone down on Ronnie? He is ahead of schedule in his rehab. Fact. He will be ready for TC, according to most outlets. Tons of backs have come back from this kind of injury and excelled. And prior to getting hurt, he looked like a total STUD. Give me a break. This kid is awesome, and while Smith is OK, I thought he was super overrated.

2- RB was NOT a big enough need to address it with a high third round pick. Not even close.