finner
04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
He's 26... Compares to Smiley.

So this is what we got for Booker...

cwsox
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
NFL Draft Countdown scouting report on Shaun Murphy
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/shawnmurphy.html

Is not very physical...He doesn't have long arms...Too aggressive at times...Is not real explosive...Didn't play against top competition...Still pretty raw when it comes to technique and footwork..Older than the average prospect...Limited experience.

<clip> ...Developmental type who has some tools to work with.

that doesn't cheer me up

WSE
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
developmental type who happens to be old

yeah. Go fins.

this draft/management is no different than previous years. It sucks

paulomac77
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Going into the draft I was pretty confident in the FO's ability to grade OL and project them to the next level but this pick is a head scratcher, not sure why we felt we needed to move up to get him.

haoleboy
04-27-2008, 12:35 PM
At least now we have a full O-line!!

TXFinFan
04-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Pick Analysis: The Dolphins traded up to get Murphy. This is a good, solid pick at this point in the draft. He's versatile on the offensive line. Murphy is mature and has great size. In Miami, they are going to want to pound the ball and he is not only strong but tough, smart and can change direction. He could be in the league a long time.

Montella
04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
He's 26... Compares to Smiley.

So this is what we got for Booker...

We gave up a playmaker and got a 25 year old development guard! :shakeno:

PATSSUCK
04-27-2008, 12:39 PM

yeah. Go fins.

LOL yea lets get a name and make you happy. Have a brain and wait until at least training camp. I swear some people on here are about short term happiness

jonanthans
04-27-2008, 12:41 PM
I just heard he is the son of former Atlanta Braves outfielder Dale Murphy. Good athletic genes, lol..

WSE
04-27-2008, 12:42 PM
LOL yea lets get a name and make you happy. Have a brain and wait until at least training camp. I swear some people on here are about short term happiness

we have not drafted 1 guy with athletic ability yet

not 1 guy. Not a corner. Not a safety. Not a fast linebacker. Not a receiver

that sucks to me. We need some guys who are actually athletic. Add some speed.

but no, instead take a fat 25 year old developmental guard. And trade up to get him

Phin-o-rama
04-27-2008, 12:44 PM

but no, instead take a fat 25 year old developmental guard. And trade up to get him

its ALL about the trenches

if you don't understand that, then perhaps you should rethink being a football fan.

our draft is already being rated very high

jonanthans
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
it all starts in the trenches, man. Bill's priority is obviously to get the lines shored up. Cheer up bro!:lol:

WSE
04-27-2008, 12:47 PM

if you don't understand that, then perhaps you should rethink being a football fan.

rating suck

Henne is bad. I dont care with the rankings say. He has an arm, but cant move and takes too long.

that fat/slow de dropped to the second round for a reason. And its that he is fat and slow. That does not project well.

anyway, we did need help at ol and dl. We need db's and receivers also. We have not drafted an athlete this entire draft so far.

jonanthans
04-27-2008, 12:47 PM
man you quick, i thought i typed that pretty fast..good to see that a lot of guys realize what we are doing in this draft may not be overly exciting, but it is laying the foundation for years to come.

jonanthans
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
rating suck

Henne is bad. I dont care with the rankings say. He has an arm, but cant move and takes too long.

anyway, we did need help at ol and dl. We need db's and receivers also. We have not drafted an athlete this entire draft so far.

I don't like Henne either, but they know more about him than I do.

And, there are still a ton of good wr's left. Marques Colston was taken last year with the 252nd pick. Perhaps we can get lucky with a guy like that.

WSE
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't like Henne either, but they know more about him than I do.

And, there are still a ton of good wr's left. Marques Colston was taken last year with the 252nd pick. Perhaps we can get lucky with a guy like that.

yea. Thats what people say every year when we take nobodies. The org knows better....blah blah blah

I dont trust that. I dont say whatever the fins do and say its all going to be good. I look at the players and see what they can do. And this 25 year old is dvelopmental and will probably be nothing. And Henne sucks. Merling looks like he is lacking athletic ability.

hemidemon
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM

Not one with athletic ability??? No these guys aren't atletes. They don't workout. Any moron can play on the line. Even the Dolphins training for these O-linemen is to have them eat and drink all the wings and beer they can handle. They are also required to sit there and watch at least 5 to 8 hours of tv while they get ready for the season. Wake up will you!!!!

Stoobz
04-27-2008, 01:01 PM
"Bottom line: Murphy, the son of baseball star Dale Murphy, has all the tools
to be a good NFL starter but will need time. He still is learning the
position after switching from the defensive line before his junior season.
It is rare to see a player with such limited experience at guard display
such good instincts and awareness. Murphy won't be the first guard drafted
but ***in time will prove to be the best of the '08 class***."

hemidemon
04-27-2008, 01:04 PM
yea. Thats what people say every year when we take nobodies. The org knows better....blah blah blah

I dont trust that. I dont say whatever the fins do and say its all going to be good. I look at the players and see what they can do. And this 25 year old is dvelopmental and will probably be nothing. And Henne sucks. Merling looks like he is lacking athletic ability.
Hey WSE, your football knowledge is amazing!:rolleyes2: Why aren't you a GM for one of these teams. How could they possibly let YOU get away?

phinfan33
04-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Friggin THANK YOU,it starts in the trenches guys,at the line of scrimmage. what good is your QB if he's on is a$$ all game and can't get the ball to the receiver or what good is your RB if he doesn't have an O-Line to run behind? none....Bill knows what he's doing people,have some faith in him and his picks...or at least try to ok.

dsipher13
04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
The question is this guy any better than Mormino?

Xeticus
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm loving this draft class. We're addressing a whole lot of needs. I was screaming at my tv last year when we didn't pick up a left tackle. It's good to have team officials who think about the trenches. And I love the Chad Henne pick. I was never certain about Beck. Now we have a young talented guy who can push Beck for the spot. Beck will probably win the battle but competition I think is healthy and I'm glad we will have someone to push Beck to his utmost.

And most importantly we don't have any headscratching moments like having our coach explain we drafted player's whole family.

wildvillage519
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
FYI to everyone, Shawn Murphy is an excellent pick. His natural position is LG and he did NOT give up 1 sack last year. Plus, he's tough, strong, and nasty in the running game. What's there not to like about this guy except for that he's a little older? Nothing. GREAT PICK!!! I was hoping we would draft him.

ShaBam
04-27-2008, 05:08 PM

yeah. Go fins.

LOL...

Oh man....some people....

Pinkboy
04-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Some scouting services rated Murphy as the 2nd best guard in the draft..

And Thomas was the fastest lineman at the combine in the 10 yard split, and the 2nd fastest overall.

And you people are upset considering where we picked these guards? Unbelieveable.

D-bolt
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Some scouting services rated Murphy as the 2nd best guard in the draft..

And Thomas was the fastest lineman at the combine in the 10 yard split, and the 2nd fastest overall.

And you people are upset considering where we picked these guards? Unbelieveable.

The Published sporting news had him rated #2 at this time and said he projects as perhaps the best long term prospect. They said he compares favorably to Chris Snee.

TripleThreat
04-27-2008, 09:56 PM

or learn the game.

Games are won and lost in the trenches.
A good OLine ...
gives your QB more time
gives your RB more holes
gives your WR/TE more time
keeps the chains moving
and improves your DEF by keeping them off the field.

A good DL does similarly

Just Win Baby
04-27-2008, 10:08 PM

but no, instead take a fat 25 year old developmental guard. And trade up to get him We drafted those "athletes" with wanny, saban, and cameron and look were that got us. jesus people, have some patience.

Just Win Baby
04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
rating suck

that fat/slow de dropped to the second round for a reason. And its that he is fat and slow. That does not project well.

anyway, we did need help at ol and dl. We need db's and receivers also. We have not drafted an athlete this entire draft so far. haha yeah merling is real fat and slow, so slow that he was recruited as a 4**** tight end out of high school. Come on dude, atleast be right if you're going to talk ****.