PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Milloy is a Bill! (merged...) / in the house

TigerJ
09-03-2003, 05:07 PM
At least ESPN, and now local Buffalo media outlets are reporting it.
Milloy has not signed, but has agreed in principle with the Bills' offer.

PhinPhreak
09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Just saw it on ESPN, I wonder if Bill B is secretly planning on taking over the Bills someday :lol:. Nothing like helping out your division rivial.

dolphan
09-03-2003, 05:14 PM
I really wanted him out of the division...

Prime Time
09-03-2003, 05:15 PM
:cry: This sucks.....I also wanted Millow out of the division. Now Buffalo's BIG BIG weakness which is the Safeties is fixed halfway. Now I do not think we can throw deep to the right side or it will be picked off....not good.

XoPhinsoX
09-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Hopefully last year was a sign of thing to come ;).

How much are they paying him anyway? It's gotta be a decent chunk of change.

fairbanksb
09-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Just saw it on ESPN, I wonder if Bill B is secretly planning on taking over the Bills someday :lol:. Nothing like helping out your division rivial.

Waiting for the Clumpmeister to tell us how they can afford a player like him. Damn the bad luck!!!

PhinPhreak
09-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
:cry: This sucks.....I also wanted Millow out of the division. Now Buffalo's BIG BIG weakness which is the Safeties is fixed halfway. Now I do not think we can throw deep to the right side or it will be picked off....not good.

I wouldn't go that far PT, I think it with out a doubt upgrades the Bills D, but I don't think it shuts down half the field.

zevo
09-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Bills sign Lawyer Milloy!

Reported all over ESPN!

This will make for a great season in the AFC EAst

With all sincerity, Good luck and may the best team win!

XoPhinsoX
09-03-2003, 05:22 PM
He had 0 picks last year. Let's hope the slide continues ;).

DolfanISS
09-03-2003, 05:25 PM
WOW I knew it as soon as he was released. I viewed Safety as the biggest weakness on the Bills D. Boy did that change things.

zevo
09-03-2003, 05:27 PM
i think the Bills, Pats, and Dolphins are all on even playing fields now! It should be a very interesting season! I'm soo excited!

PhinPhreak
09-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by zevo
i think the Bills, Pats, and Dolphins are all on even playing fields now! It should be a very interesting season! I'm soo excited!

How can the Pats lose a player like Milloy and be on the same playing field?

dolphan39
09-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak

How can the Pats lose a player like Milloy and be on the same playing field? and they are starting a rook after cutting Toast Smith and they lost T Buck... Colvins will not help that much ag the pass IMO. They are in injury to Brady away from being a 6-10 team

zevo
09-03-2003, 05:34 PM
beacause they also have ty law, rosy colvin, ted washington rich seymour!

TypicalBill
09-03-2003, 05:35 PM
I think the Pats and Jets are out of the race.

TypicalBill
09-03-2003, 05:41 PM
the new guy who's gonna step in hasn't started more than a game or 2 in his career... he's gonna get picked on and teams will gameplan and exploit that... they're gonna look for a mismatch all day until he learns and proves he could cover.

TigerJ
09-03-2003, 06:16 PM
I don't have the link, but SI reports that it's a three year contract valued at about 12.5 million. It includes a 4.5 million signing bonus and a first year salary of 2 million. It's less than his salary with NE this year but more than NE wanted him to accept as a reduced salary. It's also less than the offer from the Skins. He apparently wants to stay in the division and stick it to the Patsies. Good for him! Buffalo was somewhere around 5.5 million under the cap for this season befor the signing. This deal will cost about 3.5 million to the cap. Buffalo still has a couple million to sign a player in an emergency. Sorry, I'm not Clumpy and these figures are only approximate compared to what he'll give you when he chimes in, but I don't claim to be a capologist.

PhinPhreak
09-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
, but I don't claim to be a capologist.

Yes but the main question is "Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?" :lol: