PDA

View Full Version : Did Danny Woodhead get drafted?

Roth's Wrath
04-27-2008, 07:03 PM
just wanted to know, and ow many Canes did'nt get drafted?

MiamiDolfan85
04-27-2008, 07:05 PM
just wanted to know, and ow many Canes did'nt get drafted?

NO,but he may get a contract deal as an UDFA with the New York Jets....

phinphan4life
04-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Who?

Roth's Wrath
04-27-2008, 07:07 PM
geez i hope it's not the Jets! I'm having visions right now that this kid is running down the sidelines for a big run against us, maybe like a KO return, i really wanted this kid.

Kdawg954
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
he was on the phone with Jets . . . but that means nothing . . . he will get SEVERAL calls tonights . . . he gets to choose.

MarinoMagic85
04-27-2008, 07:30 PM
yea i liked him a lot...a little undersized for parcells but i thought everything else fit

Sean
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I'd love to take a shot at Danny Woodhead.

FINSFAN2781
04-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Who is stupid enough to play for the Jets?

WISfinfan13
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Danny Woodhead will not be a Dolphin. He is too small. I had no idea what Parcells was going to do this weekend, but one theme is all the guys are huge. The only reason he had success in College was because he went to a small school.

Sean
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Danny Woodhead will not be a Dolphin. He is too small. I had no idea what Parcells was going to do this weekend, but one theme is all the guys are huge. The only reason he had success in College was because he went to a small school.
That maybe the case, but off topic, I was hoping he'd be Mr. Irrelivent. It looked like he would but nope.

phinfanNY08
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM

53 players..

wackyd
04-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I just want to sign him so I can get a woodhead jersey

BleedinGreenNC
04-27-2008, 08:00 PM

The 53 guys that beat the Phins twice last season, oh yeah, and Woodhead, he just got signed by the Jets.

Huscroft6
04-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Jets | Woodhead signs
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:52:02 -0700
Josh Buchanan, of NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl)DraftBible.com, reports the New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) have signed undrafted free-agent RB Danny Woodhead (http://www.kffl.com/player/19635/nfl) (Chadron State). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Roth's Wrath
04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Ughhhh!

WISfinfan13
04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Jets | Woodhead signs
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:52:02 -0700
Josh Buchanan, of NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl)DraftBible.com, reports the New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) have signed undrafted free-agent RB Danny Woodhead (http://www.kffl.com/player/19635/nfl) (Chadron State). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

BUST!!!:woot:

Huscroft6
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
UDFA really cant be a bust?!!?

WISfinfan13
04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
UDFA really cant be a bust?!!?

I knew someone would say that as soon as i made that post. But why did ESPN have such a man crush on this guy?? Its ridiculous. No doubt in my mind that any mediocre prospect that gets star treatment like that is bound to "bust". :up:

WISfinfan13
04-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Plus hes a Jet so his chance of success automatically goes down by 50%.

BleedinGreenNC
04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
BUST!!!:woot:

And if he signed with the Phins then it would be a genius move.

WISfinfan13
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM

No he still would be an aweful prospect. But im sure alot of ppl on the board would have called it a genius move. Similar what to ppl are saying about Bess. Ppl are all excited and think he is going to beat out Derrick Hagan. There is a reason he wasnt drafted.

Dolfan32323
04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I was hoping we would get him.

Dolfan32323
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
of course :lol:

I'll put it out there, good signing by NY. I wish we had him to return kicks.

xflashx
04-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Danny Woodhead isn't gonna be anything in the NFL. I'm sorry... but the kid is just too small. At 5'7 190 pounds the kid is gonna get crushed by a huge LB. And he signed with the Jets. That means behind Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, and Jesse Chatman he won't even see the field. He isn't able to run through tackles or up the middle cause he's too small and will get pancaked if he does. I don't understand why ESPN had a crush on him either, I'm dumbfounded by the interview of him, he looked like a little kid sitting there talking about wanting to be a RB in the NFL. If anyone has fallen in love with this guy you'll get the opportunity to see him get crushed or better yet watch him in Arena Football. Sorry to be such a downer but if you're small and don't weigh too much you don't want to be taking hits like a RB does in his career. I hope I don't have to see the kid get carried off the field on a strecher :buddwalk:

godolphins1985
04-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Danny Woodhead isn't gonna be anything in the NFL. I'm sorry... but the kid is just too small. At 5'7 190 pounds the kid is gonna get crushed by a huge LB. And he signed with the Jets. That means behind Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, and Jesse Chatman he won't even see the field. He isn't able to run through tackles or up the middle cause he's too small and will get pancaked if he does. I don't understand why ESPN had a crush on him either, I'm dumbfounded by the interview of him, he looked like a little kid sitting there talking about wanting to be a RB in the NFL. If anyone has fallen in love with this guy you'll get the opportunity to see him get crushed or better yet watch him in Arena Football. Sorry to be such a downer but if you're small and don't weigh too much you don't want to be taking hits like a RB does in his career. I hope I don't have to see the kid get carried off the field on a strecher :buddwalk:

tell that to jones drew.

Stugots13
04-28-2008, 12:38 AM
The 53 guys that beat the Phins twice last season, oh yeah, and Woodhead, he just got signed by the Jets.

Wow, you guys were able to get half of all your wins against a 1-15 team that almost lost all their games? Damn, you must of been proud of those 53 guys. A real bunch of players they must be.

We could have passed on Brady Quinn for my grandmother last year and we still wouldn't be as bad a draft team as the jets are.

xflashx
04-28-2008, 12:58 AM
tell that to jones drew.

Jones-Drew has alot more weight and muscle. Woodhead looks like a skeleton compared to him. :buddwalk:

jetsman
04-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Wow, you guys were able to get half of all your wins against a 1-15 team that almost lost all their games? Damn, you must of been proud of those 53 guys. A real bunch of players they must be.

We could have passed on Brady Quinn for my grandmother last year and we still wouldn't be as bad a draft team as the jets are.

The first two players the Jets took last year turned out to be absolute STUDS!!!How did the Dolphins first two picks work out?The Jets have had some of the best drafts over the last ten years.Check and see how many players they have drafted that are out of the NFL.You'll find it's not too many.Our team has been near the top in that stat for about 10-12 years now.

You have NOTHING to crow about on last years draft!!!!:)

Revis and Harris will make multiple Pro Bowls over the course of their careers.Our future looks very bright,as do the Fins now that Parcells is running the show.You guys had a pretty solid draft this year,but don't knock our team because we are rivals.Look beyond the hatred and you'll see some very good players in green and white.

MiamiDolfan85
04-28-2008, 02:15 AM

you and I both know that that would never happen....lol

XXXSURTAINXXX
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM

with the 4.33 speed he sure will be hard to catch and fall on. I still hate that the Jets signed him. If he does not pan out, Man we will have a little fast beast to tend with.