PDA

View Full Version : How about Cameron reaching for Joe Flacco?

HenneMan
04-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Just more reason to hate Cam. He reaches for Flacco in the first round. Goes to show you just how horrible he is in evaluating QB Talent. :lol:

How about that Lorenzo Booker pick. :sidelol:

fishypete
04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I doubt he made the final decision...but it was a reach for the Ravens.

TotoreMexico
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
He's not the GM and he's not the HC

arsenal
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
and the booker pick, what was wrong with it? he just didn't fit with what the new regime wanted to do... he is still an explosive electric player who will help the eagles... im still disappointed we traded him

GRYPHONK
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
How do you know Flacco will fail in the NFL? How do u know Henne will succeed?

Why again was Booker a bad pick?

I don't understand your logic. Plus I never realized that Cameron made the personel decisions in Baltimore

HenneMan
04-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I doubt he made the final decision...but it was a reach for the Ravens.

The Ravens relied on Cam for the Flacco Pick. Cam wet his pants and did the same thing he did last year.

I wonder how the Flacco family is going to help the Ravens. :sidelol:

The Juggernaut
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Some people can't let it go... the Booker pick was a very good one, he performed as good as any back could when he played. That draft class as a whole produced a good amount of starters.

FINSFAN2781
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I would love to hear an interview with Cam saying, "we drafted the Flacco family". I think I would die of laughter.

arsenal
04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
and the supposed word was Cam was in love with Matt Ryan...

Smoke
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
The Ravens relied on Cam for the Flacco Pick. Cam wet his pants and did the same thing he did last year.

Whats wrong with Flacco? They took him too early but you can't blame Cameron. He has absolutely no control over that. I also don't blame them for not chancing missing out on the guy they wanted. How do you know another team wasn't planning to trade in front of the Ravens and take him? Flacco was the best QB available and it was a huge need for them.
Why are you even making fun of Cameron's ability with QB's? Look what he did with Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers (both have been pro bowlers). Beck has a lot of potential as well.

zach8111
04-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Just more reason to hate Cam. He reaches for Flacco in the first round. Goes to show you just how horrible he is in evaluating QB Talent. :lol:

you DO realize that cam ISNT the head coach or GM right? he ha little say in it. im sure he had some but not very much compared to HC and GM.

hemidemon
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
and the booker pick, what was wrong with it? he just didn't fit with what the new regime wanted to do... he is still an explosive electric player who will help the eagles... im still disappointed we traded him
Booker was a system trade. Miami needs every down backs. Booker is a part time guy. Parmele is going to be our #3 back. He's bigger and strong. He can also catch.

dolfan_germany
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
hmm i've never heard that a OC runs the draft ?
he will be not responsible if flacco doesn't pan out..and imo flacco wasn't a reach..

Dfan06
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM

oh really! Last time I check Cam Cameron Coached Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers into top notch that are better then who is on our roster. If Beck succeed that;s another Cam Cameron pick. As far as Henne he has a lot of work to do on his accuracy, mobility and awereness.

JimBo13
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Flacco is not that much of a stretch, Ravens were in need of a QB and Joe was BPA at that position. Period. I would much rather him than Henne competing with Beck (er, stealing Beck's job).
In my humble opinion, I think he may be one of the success stories of this yr's draft...assuming they don't just throw him to the wolves.
Dude has some QB skills....look at his highlight reel, quick release, accuracy, etc...

johngarry
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
First and foremost...the Ravens drafted the Joe Flacco Family...fact was all the pundits were blowin off about how Cameron was instrumental in Flacco being drafted; he (Cam) was quoted as saying Flacco has the big arm, he makes all the throws, has was it takes to be a great NFL qb, blah-blah-blah (sound eerily familiar??)

finner
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM

wow, you actually think that's funny?

daninoz
04-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, that Ozzie Newsome guy is terrible. :err:

phillyphinphan
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM

I think you off base here. The Ravens personnell dept has a much better track record than us...

Geforce
04-28-2008, 04:59 PM

I think you need to call Sherlock Holmes to help you get a clue. Raven's head coach Jim Harbaugh, the former NFL starting QB, probably had more to do with drafting Flacco than Cameron.

mpn1334
04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I think you need to call Sherlock Holmes to help you get a clue. Raven's head coach Jim Harbaugh, the former NFL starting QB, probably had more to do with drafting Flacco than Cameron.

Actually, the head coach is JOHN Harbaugh, who is JIM Harbaugh's brother.

That is not me defending the original poster, who still needs Sherlock to help give him a clue.

PMZQ
04-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Some people can't let it go... the Booker pick was a very good one, he performed as good as any back could when he played. That draft class as a whole produced a good amount of starters.

Many of which will be gone by the end of the 2009 season. Count on it

CedarPhin
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I think the Ravens tried their damndest to trade up to #2, but couldn't get the deal done for whatever reason, so they traded down and then back up to get a guy who they felt was enough value at that pick.

sceeto
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Even if it was Cam making the decision, sometimes, if you have a strong conviction about a guy, sometimes you have to trade up, if you're sure he won't be there in the 2nd, especially with the QB. I do think Flacco has potential to be good, so....

CedarPhin
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I think Cameron had some input..but not alot..
When did he become coach of Baltimore? News flash to me.

sceeto
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Flacco is not that much of a stretch, Ravens were in need of a QB and Joe was BPA at that position. Period. I would much rather him than Henne competing with Beck (er, stealing Beck's job).
In my humble opinion, I think he may be one of the success stories of this yr's draft...assuming they don't just throw him to the wolves.
Dude has some QB skills....look at his highlight reel, quick release, accuracy, etc...
Man!.. That pic. is a work of art........:up:

Geforce
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Actually, the head coach is JOHN Harbaugh, who is JIM Harbaugh's brother.

That is not me defending the original poster, who still needs Sherlock to help give him a clue.
Thanks for the correction. Now I know why Sherlock doesn't return my phone calls.

fishypete
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the correction. Now I know why Sherlock doesn't return my phone calls.

Thats because Watson has the phone...:lol:

RonMexico7
04-29-2008, 06:03 AM

i thought flacco was a strange pick for the ravens - he has a monster arm but they dont have anyone to stretch the field really. can you imagine flacco throwing deep bombs to Ginn? carnage....

phintim
04-30-2008, 05:18 PM
They reached for Flacco and we almost reached for Beck but could not find any trading partners last year thank goodness. Not implying Beck is bad I just hate to trade up and love to trade down for more picks.

adamprez2003
04-30-2008, 06:41 PM
We were looking at Flacco too and if Henne had been drafted instead of Flacco and Flacco qwas still available there's a good chance that he wouldve been a Dolphin

dlockz
04-30-2008, 06:51 PM
We were looking at Flacco too and if Henne had been drafted instead of Flacco and Flacco qwas still available there's a good chance that he wouldve been a Dolphin

Thank god Baltimore saved us from Flacco. I think Henne is a much better prospect. I mean top tierd prospect that became starting qb at michigan over other solid prospects or Qb that could not beat out midlevel prospect and transferred to division 1AA school. Henne and Flacco have something in common from 2007 anyone care to try to guess?

#1dolphinsfan
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
he didnt have anything to do with the pick

adamprez2003
04-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Thank god Baltimore saved us from Flacco. I think Henne is a much better prospect. I mean top tierd prospect that became starting qb at michigan over other solid prospects or Qb that could not beat out midlevel prospect and transferred to division 1AA school. Henne and Flacco have something in common from 2007 anyone care to try to guess? only thing i can think of is they have similar helmets and they both lost to appalachian state. Strongest arms in the draft also

dlockz
04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
only thing i can think of is they have similar helmets and they both lost to appalachian state. Strongest arms in the draft also

Right on all acoounts,I was going for the both lost to App st.

Van-Island Fins
05-01-2008, 01:10 AM
a little early to judge Flacco......Cam is still known as a good qb developer. Jury will get back on his drafting ability if Beck pans out.

Flip Tanneflop
05-01-2008, 02:30 AM

I love reading your posts. At least half of them make me :lol:.

Flip Tanneflop
05-01-2008, 02:32 AM

For a 1-15 team. Basically he selected 2 guys that will be starters. Ginn and Satele. Satele was really the only good pick. Ginn albeit a good player was the incorrect selection at #9, and it is also hard not to select a guy that wont be good when picking 9th. That was a terrible draft class as a whole.

JC
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM

uhhhh i completely missed this. when did this happen? and for what pick?

CANDolphan
05-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Way to keep up. We traded him for a 4th rounder during the draft.

Booker will be a machine out in Philly. He's a tremendous slot receiver and amazing producing in open space. Not an every down kind of back, but he'll make some splashes in this league for sure. I consider him a reggie bush light.

kpcane
05-04-2008, 04:06 PM
For a 1-15 team. Basically he selected 2 guys that will be starters. Ginn and Satele. Satele was really the only good pick. Ginn albeit a good player was the incorrect selection at #9, and it is also hard not to select a guy that wont be good when picking 9th. That was a terrible draft class as a whole.

Last year's draft class was terrible? And you're basing this off the 1-15 record last year? What incredible judgment. Ireland better be looking over his shoulder.

And as for the "2 starters" idea...I'd put money that there's 3, maybe 4 more guys that will be starting, and playing very well, this year - Beck, Mauia, Fields, and possibly Mormino. Not too terrible.

Dors156
05-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Cam didnt have full authority of the draft so he didnt do it. It was a reach but Flacco can still be a good QB.

CedarPhin
05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Last year's draft class was terrible? And you're basing this off the 1-15 record last year? What incredible judgment. Ireland better be looking over his shoulder.

And as for the "2 starters" idea...I'd put money that there's 3, maybe 4 more guys that will be starting, and playing very well, this year - Beck, Mauia, Fields, and possibly Mormino. Not too terrible.

I think Mauia is done with this team after his off-season issues.

ih8brady
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
A reach? Definitely, but Flacco has the best tools of any QB in the draft. The sky is the limit.

PS: I still hate Cameron :shakeno:

CedarPhin
05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Cameron is good as an Asst./OC, but sucks donkey balls as a head coach. Like a lamer version of Wanny

kpcane
05-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I think Mauia is done with this team after his off-season issues.

What he did was wrong, but I don't think it would warrant getting cut just yet. I hope they give him a second chance.

rafael
05-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Flacco is a good prospect and may have the highest upside in the draft but coming from a shotgun based college offense always makes the transition to the pros take longer. Footwork is an important part of QBing that takes a while to become second nature. As long as the QB is a decent athlete it is learnable but it does lengthen the learning curve. I'm not sure that he's in an ideal spot in B'more. Their horrid QB situation may put him in before he's ready. Hopefully for Flacco's sake, Cam learned from last year and either will give Flacco more prep time or make sure that the HC doesn't put him in this year. The one thing that may help Flacco is that he may be brilliant. They mentioned during the draft that they gave him a playbook to study the day before the workout and that he had learned the whole thing. If true, that's unheard of.

FinzManiac
05-07-2008, 02:02 AM
This thread is ridiculous! Cam Cameron had little to no input on getting Flacco for Baltimore. The Ravens traded down and acquired a bunch of picks and they then turned around traded one of them away to ensure they got the guy that they wanted. Was it earlier than people expected, yes? Was it a dumb pick, considering the got the player they were focus on obtaining? I don't think so. They wanted a Franchise QB of the future and they got one, or so they hope. If they had lost him in the next 8 picks Baltimore would have been in an uproar. I know a lot of people were hoping that the Ravens would draft him, I was one of them, considering they're my "home town" team.

You can't knock them for making use of the additional resources they gained by trading down. They had the picks and they got who they wanted...time will tell whether their talent evaluators got it right.

The creator of this thread, I'm sure you have no nfl talent evaluation experience, so STFU and worry about dolphins, because if you look at drafting track records, the Ravens are second to none. And the Dolphins, well, they've been poor at it for years. I love my Fins, but they have been terrible . And don't knock a situation you don't understand...or have a full grasp of.

mmitro55
05-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I am sure Flacco will probably end up being a decent QB, but why go after another QB when Troy Smith is there. Troy looked good for them the last 2 games.

rev kev
05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Many of which will be gone by the end of the 2009 season. Count on it

Satele and Ginn play a lot therefore they stick but the rest...? Beck could be 1, 2 or 3...? You can see that BP just can't get that CAMRAM taste out of his mouth... As far as the other draft classes you have to wonder about Jason Allen I think he has to put it together this year...

rev kev
05-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Flacco is a good prospect and may have the highest upside in the draft but coming from a shotgun based college offense always makes the transition to the pros take longer. Footwork is an important part of QBing that takes a while to become second nature. As long as the QB is a decent athlete it is learnable but it does lengthen the learning curve. I'm not sure that he's in an ideal spot in B'more. Their horrid QB situation may put him in before he's ready. Hopefully for Flacco's sake, Cam learned from last year and either will give Flacco more prep time or make sure that the HC doesn't put him in this year. The one thing that may help Flacco is that he may be brilliant. They mentioned during the draft that they gave him a playbook to study the day before the workout and that he had learned the whole thing. If true, that's unheard of.

Yes but he still has to execute...

jim1
05-07-2008, 11:21 AM

I've only seen clips of Flacco, but from what little I saw none of it was brilliant. He has an extremely low release point, he's plodding as a runner, he's a sack waiting to happen, and I don't see much zip on the ball or anything special other than he can throw it about 75 or 80 yards. Brilliant? I doubt it, but then again who knows. I think that he was the biggest reach of the first round, and his bust potential is through the roof. I'd take Henne over him any day.

rafael
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I based the brilliant comment on his ability to learn the playbook incredibly fast. I don't know if that's true (which is why I said "if true"). As for his physical skills they are great and fairly obvious. Most people admit that physically he was the best QB prospect in the draft (although IMO it wasn't a great QB draft). As for his bust potential, he was a productive college QB, more productive than Henne or Ryan, but his level of competition was lower. It depends on how much you downgrade him for that. IMO that footwork question is what will slow him down the most. That could be mitigated if he does have an abnormal ability to learn the playbook quickly.

jlfin
05-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Wanting to draft a player and knowing WHEN to draft a player are too different things. I doubt that Cam had much to do with the Ravens reaching in the 1st rd. Ozzie Newsome has done enough good things with that franchise that he trusts his own judgement.
Let's not make more out of this pick then there really is and not look to manufacture more reasons to dislike Cam. He is history.