PDA

View Full Version : Father imprisons daughter for 24 years, has 7 kids with her

Eshlemon
04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Austrian 'admits daughter abuse'

A 73-year-old Austrian man has confessed to imprisoning his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathering her seven children, police have said.

Police said Josef Fritzl also admitted burning the body of a baby that died at the house in Amstetten, Lower Austria.

Mr Fritzl has been taken to court while authorities are caring for the woman, now 42, and her six surviving children.

What an evil *******.

His wife, Rosemarie, with whom he had seven of their own children, appears to have been unaware of the alleged crimes.

Hard to believe.

Asked why the captives had not tried to escape before, Mr Polzer said one had to consider the fact that the woman was small and weak and even the eldest boy, now 18, was "a small boy, a weak boy".

"You have to put yourself into the situation of these people," he said. "They led a completely different life to ours, they do not know what we know. These children were born into the jail, they knew nothing else."

Not trying to blame victums and there are reasons given, but no escape attempt as implied in 24 years?

Dolphins7273
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
What the hell is this world coming to?

DolFan707
04-28-2008, 06:26 PM
well a couple of years ago I took this ethics course and they said that if we were born chained to something in a cave, and then let free after turning 18, we would never leave the cave...

phinphan896
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
i saw this somewhere else, its really messed up

PhinzN703
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I had read that the daughter and a few of the children had/have never even see the light of day.

Could you ****ing imagine that? I mean it's literally "The People Under The Stairs".

Unbelievable. They are probably as white as a ghost. Did they ever get sick? Did they ever get medical care? Who delivered the babies? Who took care of the babies right after they were born?