PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

dolfanattic5
04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Yesterday i had an online halo3 tournament we were in the finals (in order to get sponsored). Yes i play halo too much (on average 4-5 hours a day). Well im at fsu and my mom thinks that all i do is play halo, which she is completely wrong. I have bad grades because i am smoking and drinking too much. So when i got home i had to be on for a tournament and my mom said that its taking over my life. i wanted to show her that it is not my life so without thinking i chucked my 360 into the pool to prove to her that it wasnt my life. I told her that i would get a job and just pay for a new one. Now i regret that situation cuz i am 350 dollars in the whole. Does anyone have any advice on what to do. one of my friends told me to buy a new xbox at sams club and return it with the broken xbox and get a full refund of my money. Another said if i have a warranty which i do to let it dry then send it in to xbox and they will give me a new one. I am leaning towards the sams club return idea but if anyone has any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated

Amars
04-28-2008, 11:25 PM
How bout go study and pass. Also isnt there girls you rather :hump: then play xbox for 4hrs a day.If you invest that much in girls you will find one who will buy you a xbox, ps3 and any game you want as long as u blow her brains out ....... NE ways in 2-3years you can buy 50 xbox and not worry about how to scrape up money to buy a new one.

Wildbill3
04-29-2008, 12:20 AM
I suck at advice, but trashing your own gear over a woman is silly no matter how you look at it. Do the warrenty thing, and in the amount of time it takes to get it back you should have plenty of time to sort things out.

banzaitrey
04-29-2008, 12:35 AM
You should have just thrown your controller or headset into the pool...less dramatic but still gets the point across lol

dolfanattic5
04-29-2008, 02:00 AM
You should have just thrown your controller or headset into the pool...less dramatic but still gets the point across lol:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: i should have done that

Vertical Limit
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Sams' Club idea isn't going to work because each X-Box has it's own product key and when Sams' Club reviews it and the numbers don't match, they will quickly find out you're trying to **** with them with fraud.

Your best bet is the warranty thing, though trust me, they aren't stupid and they will know exactly the kind of damage the X-Box has and what could have caused it. Although you may have a warranty, they have protection rights as well and they wouldn't give anyone who purposely damaged their product a new one just because of something you caused.

In conclusion, I seriously doubt you get your money back.

Bumpus
04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Yesterday i had an online halo3 tournament we were in the finals (in order to get sponsored). Yes i play halo too much (on average 4-5 hours a day). Well im at fsu and my mom thinks that all i do is play halo, which she is completely wrong. I have bad grades because i am smoking and drinking too much. So when i got home i had to be on for a tournament and my mom said that its taking over my life. i wanted to show her that it is not my life so without thinking i chucked my 360 into the pool to prove to her that it wasnt my life. I told her that i would get a job and just pay for a new one. Now i regret that situation cuz i am 350 dollars in the whole. Does anyone have any advice on what to do. one of my friends told me to buy a new xbox at sams club and return it with the broken xbox and get a full refund of my money. Another said if i have a warranty which i do to let it dry then send it in to xbox and they will give me a new one. I am leaning towards the sams club return idea but if anyone has any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated

Dude, video games are great. But, if your grades suck (and you admit that you play Halo too much) maybe its time to buckle down and study more.

Priorities, my man.

... also, :chuckle: how high were you when you decided that it was a good idea to throw your 360 into a swimming pool?

greatwade
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
dude, he goes to FSU. It's not like real college.

spydertl79
04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
dude, he goes to FSU. It's not like real college.
:boohoo:

allport30
04-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I am a manager at Sams Club and thats not gunna work bro....

greatwade
04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I am a manager at Sams Club and thats not gunna work bro....

did you go to FSU?

:up:
/just messin

Joker2thief
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Sams' Club idea isn't going to work because each X-Box has it's own product key and when Sams' Club reviews it and the numbers don't match, they will quickly find out you're trying to **** with them with fraud.

Your best bet is the warranty thing, though trust me, they aren't stupid and they will know exactly the kind of damage the X-Box has and what could have caused it. Although you may have a warranty, they have protection rights as well and they wouldn't give anyone who purposely damaged their product a new one just because of something you caused.

In conclusion, I seriously doubt you get your money back.

100% agreed

Time to grow up

CedarPhin
04-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Get your priorities straight dude.

fatkirstyalley
04-29-2008, 01:36 PM
First thing I would do is go to a bar and meet a woman. Doesnt have to be hot...fat will do. Score with her, and keep doing it and each lady needs to increase incrementally in looks. Think of it as Training Camp. Next, do not replace your super-nofriendo! I have a question..Are you on Scholarship? If yes then tell your mom what she can do with her opinions. If she is paying your way...then say youre right mom. This is serious advice, Im not being a wiseguy. DO NOT let XBOX dominate your college years, there is a lot for a young man to experience. Finally, stop playing in on-line tournaments.....they are pretty lame. Again, not trying to be a jerk. FSU chicks are hot dont waste it

greatwade
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Mor's got all 3 consoles though

arsenal
04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
go meet some hot FSU chicks and dance the night away!
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/04/514978692_ecff53d24e_o-1.gif

then get a job and buy a new one...