PDA

View Full Version : Peter King: A Near Trade & Henne to Atlanta

BlueFin
04-29-2008, 06:55 AM
According to Peter, there was almost a big trade on Saturday that would have resulted in Atlanta drafting Henne in round 1, and Flacco drifting later into the draft.......good read:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- It was never excruciatingly close, but 20 minutes before the draft, St. Louis Rams decision-makers were sequestered in an office and seriously considering two trades down from No. 2, one of which would have changed the headlines in your Sunday newspapers.
Matt Ryan to Baltimore.
Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta.
Chris Long -- don't gasp so loud, Howie -- to the Raiders.
Chad Henne to Atlanta, somewhere in the middle of the first round as the Falcons' quarterback of the future, not Miami's.
Jacksonville NOT trading up for Derrick Harvey.
Vernon Gholston to the Chiefs.
Joe Flacco somewhere in the second round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/04/27/mmqb.draft/index.html

MassFinFan06
04-29-2008, 07:15 AM
I'd rather have Henne then Flacco anyways....Flacco is raw & less polished then Henne...I feel Henne is more NFL ready!

aj13
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Chad Henne to Atlanta, somewhere in the middle of the first round as the Falcons' quarterback of the future, not Miami's.
Jacksonville NOT trading up for Derrick Harvey.

THAT WAS MY SOURCE!!!!!!!!! LOL remember last week I posted that the Falcons had put a deal in place to trade up with the Chargers for a QB...and King has it wrong...it wasn't Henne they were after...that was a smokescreen...they were trading up for Brohm...

BlueFin
04-29-2008, 09:11 AM
THAT WAS MY SOURCE!!!!!!!!! LOL remember last week I posted that the Falcons had put a deal in place to trade up with the Chargers for a QB...and King has it wrong...it wasn't Henne they were after...that was a smokescreen...they were trading up for Brohm...

Who was your source? Peter doesn't reveal his?

How do you know your source didn't have it wrong, and Peters had it right?

Anyway, clearly, some had Henne rated over Flacco, and vice versa, including Brohm. There seems to have been different opinions of all three QB's rated just under Mat Ryan.

aj13
04-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Who was your source? Peter doesn't reveal his?

How do you know your source didn't have it wrong, and Peters had it right?

Anyway, clearly, some had Henne rated over Flacco, and vice versa, including Brohm. There seems to have been different opinions of all three QB's rated just under Mat Ryan.

My source is a guy I went to law school with who works in the front office of one of the teams in the NFL....I believe they targeted Brohm because Atlanta is thinking of hiring his older brother as a coach...Or at least, they were...

zach8111
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
i like henne better than flacco. everyone on here knows i dont like flacco much

oasis
04-29-2008, 11:15 AM
hmmm, if it would have played out like that McFadden would have gone to the Jets...or worse, the Pats.

fishypete
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Near Trade....Almost pregnant.

Nublar7
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I am glad it fell the way it did. Henne at #57 was an absolute STEAL!

korl68
04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Interesting read for sure

aj13
04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Near Trade....Almost pregnant.

Com'on fishypete...for the heat I was takin...I need some props for my inside scoop! lol

AZfinfan
04-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I am glad it fell the way it did. Henne at #57 was an absolute STEAL!

I hope your right,,,,,,beck, henne I dont' care someone, anyone!

Aqua and Orange
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Hells yeah. -And we got him late in the second. Parcells, give us a hug.