PDA

View Full Version : 2009 draft

MiamiMiko
04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
It's not too early to look to next years draft. It seems like we've been bad during the worst drafts possible in recent years. Most likely we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year. Who do we go after, an impact wide receiver?? My guess is a shut-down corner. Any thoughts?

fishypete
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Wide Receiver...Corner and Linebacker. One or two of each would be nice.

zach8111
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
crabtree (WR), jenkins (CB), Laurinitis (ILB), Rey Manoluga (ILB)... all these guys are AWESOME

Mulverizer19
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, James Laurinaitis ILB, or Malcolm Jenkins CB would be the three guys I would want

MustangFinFan
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
id go all out on CB, S, LB, and one WR.

but id rather get the best CB, a top S first.

umpalu
04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
merge

Elliott 1
04-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Vontae Davis.........CB......... In the first round

Depending on what happens with Carey and Crowder after that.

Maybe we can trade up and get Davis and Alex Boone at OT.

I predict Vontae Davis will be a HOF corner.

swoleonz
04-29-2008, 01:42 PM
crabtree (WR), jenkins (CB), Laurinitis (ILB), Rey Manoluga (ILB)... all these guys are AWESOME
its amazing you can spell laurinitis name correctly but cant get Rey Maualuga's name right.:d-day: Both have the same amount of vowels and ancestorily (if thats even a word) from the opposite sides of the world.

BobDole
04-29-2008, 01:43 PM
already? wow.

tebow, if the newbies don't work out, obviously.

laurinitis

spikes

zach8111
04-29-2008, 01:48 PM
its amazing you can spell laurinitis name correctly but cant get Rey Maualuga's name right.:d-day: Both have the same amount of vowels and ancestorily (if thats even a word) from the opposite sides of the world.

actually i spelled James Laurinaitis wrong the first time.

fatkirstyalley
04-29-2008, 01:48 PM
It's not too early to look to next years draft. It seems like we've been bad during the worst drafts possible in recent years. Most likely we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year. Who do we go after, an impact wide receiver?? My guess is a shut-down corner. Any thoughts?
I have the perfect pick. He can be a shut down corner an immediate deep threat at receiver he can return kicks he can turn water into wine and his name is Tim Tebow. I think he can also kick field goals...we can trim at least 4 guys off our reoster and replace them with 1 Tim Tebow.

Crayons
04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
already? wow.

tebow, if the newbies don't work out, obviously.

laurinitis

spikes

For some crazy reason I just don't see Tim Tebow working out in the NFL quite as well as college. I'll probably be proven wrong.

Also, between Henne, Beck, and McCown (fodder) there will be a starting quarterback. We can't be that bad off at the position with that many new guys trying for it.

Remember, there are only 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL every week. The competition has to eventually reveal one of these three to be starting caliber. Look at the Lions and Kitna, he's no miracle but it goes to show you a decent quarterback can get the job done. Unfortunately for Miami we never even had nearly average.

X-Pacolypse
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Well, after this season the Dolphins should know which quarterback it's going forward with. Either John Beck or Chad Henne. So adding another weapon for our young quarterback would be key. Crabtree would be awesome, Heyward-Bey would be cool as well.

MarinoEqualsGod
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Vontae Davis. Dude can flat out ball. He's a shutdown corner, who's also about as hard-hitting as a cornerback can get. Covers like a premier corner, hits like a free safety. And he's an Illini too, which makes him that much better. :woot:

thenextbigthing
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
yeah...lets play this season first.
theres a big difference in wut we need from picking first in 08, and 32nd in 09

sadetripod
04-29-2008, 03:11 PM

There are no shutdown corners without a great front 7 and a pass rush. We had neither last year, but I think we might this year. I love how our draft went; to build a team you must first build in the trenches. Everything starts there. Without a good oline, you cant run or pass. Without a good dline, you cant pass protect as well. And don't anybody bring up that we were ranked 5th last year against the pass, that's only because teams ran all over us.

MiamiDolfan85
04-29-2008, 03:11 PM

IM CALLING IT.....Michael Crabtree,WR,out of Texas Tech.....he is the best WR in college...IMO anyways...and well be in terrific position to get him...although,if he had the numbers he had in his freshmen year,he might go 1st overall....so with that in mind,I wouldnt mind Malcom Jenkins,CB,out of Ohio State or even James Laurnaitius,MLB,out of Ohio State:up:

Avigatorx
04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
If Tebow comes out (highly unlikely) sell the farm to get him.

If not, trade the #1 pick for the Raiders 2010 #1 and use that to get Tebow in 2010.

zach8111
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
If Tebow comes out (highly unlikely) sell the farm to get him.

If not, trade the #1 pick for the Raiders 2010 #1 and use that to get Tebow in 2010.

WHY when now we have TWO young QB's. you dont draft 3 QB's in the first 2 round in three years. you can cross a QB in the top 2 rounds off the list for next year

BobDole
04-29-2008, 04:12 PM
For some crazy reason I just don't see Tim Tebow working out in the NFL quite as well as college. I'll probably be proven wrong.

Also, between Henne, Beck, and McCown (fodder) there will be a starting quarterback. We can't be that bad off at the position with that many new guys trying for it.

Remember, there are only 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL every week. The competition has to eventually reveal one of these three to be starting caliber. Look at the Lions and Kitna, he's no miracle but it goes to show you a decent quarterback can get the job done. Unfortunately for Miami we never even had nearly average.

we'll see. beck has the best shot IMO. watched a lot of henne last year and he scares me. mccown is garbage.

tebow will hopefully prove everyone wrong. i mean, what's the knock?

Avigatorx
04-29-2008, 04:12 PM
WHY when now we have TWO young QB's. you dont draft 3 QB's in the first 2 round in three years. you can cross a QB in the top 2 rounds off the list for next year

Because Beck is getting older by the minute (at least the way people talk about him around here, he should be retiring some time soon.)

And Henne wont pan out, think of him as a transition guy to hold us over till we get our real QB.

Going after Tebow is also one reason I didnt want to see us waste a pick on Henne, but whatever, we cant go back in time.

Tebow will be the man. (Something tells me Jacksonville will snag him though, they love drafting Florida players.)

BobDole
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Because Beck is getting older by the minute (at least the way people talk about him around here, he should be retiring some time soon.)

And Henne wont pan out, think of him as a transition guy to hold us over till we get our real QB.

Going after Tebow is also one reason I didnt want to see us waste a pick on Henne, but whatever, we cant go back in time.

Tebow will be the man. (Something tells me Jacksonville will snag him though, they love drafting Florida players.)

or chicago.

DearbornDolfan
04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, James Laurinaitis ILB, or Malcolm Jenkins CB would be the three guys I would want

Agree completely.

Blackocrates
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Darrius Heyward-Bey or Michael Crabtree, either one of these guys will do. I think both will be better than Chris Chambers, and the Dolphins will finally have a true no. 1 WR.

I also like the two top rated CB's, Michael Jenkins and the guy from Illinois.

MiamiMiko
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
or chicago.

If we draft a QB that means we basically missed on our last two Qb's, Henne and Beck. If we get Tebow, we'd have to realize that our dream of even making to the playoffs will take another 2-3 years. We all need to get over Marino. We have to find a qb that will fit the system we're running. Unfortunately, we'll never see the likes of Danny boy again.

dreamwalker
04-29-2008, 04:20 PM

By the end of the preseason i am sure there will be a lot of people calling for us to draft another quarterback.

daninoz
04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
QB:
I really like Curtis Painter out of Purdue. Not that big on Tim Tebow. As someone said previously, I don't think his game translates to the NFL very well. Obviously he's got all the athletic tools, but I just don't think he's that smart. Colt McCoy is another pretty good prospect. Might be a bit similar to Chad Henne in that he just hasn't done much with the tools he's got. Chase Holbrook out of New Mexico St. may end up being the best qb prospect in the draft next year.

WR:
Percy Harvin-UF. Need I say anything more?
Jeremy Macklin-Mizz. Jeremy MAcklin. A thousand yard receiver with size and speed. He's going to go high unless there's an injury issue.
Pat White-WVU. A little thin, but he's clearly not going to be a quarterback.
Brandon Gibson-Wazzu. Highly productive his whole career. He's got the size and the speed. You won't hear about him for awhile since Pullman is located in the middle of a black hole.
Tiquan Underwood-Rutgers. 1000 yard receiver. At Rutgers. 'Nuff said.

TE:
The big one is Chase Coffman out of Missouri. That said, there are a lot of highly productive very interesting prospects next year.

DE/OLB
Michael Johnson-GT
Ian Campbell-K State

ILB
If you're wondering why Parcells and co. didn't take an ILB this year, take a look at next year's linebacking class.
James Laurinitis-OSU
Rey Maualuga-USC
Darryl Beckwith-LSU
Brandon Spikes-UF
Jasper Brinkley-Cocks
Other than Jasper Brinkley (who is huge, fast and generally terrifying if you're an offensive SEC player) do I really need to describe any of these guys?

I don't know much about defensive backs, but the safety class appears to be pretty loaded, too. Malcom Jenkins is obviously the top corner. At Safety you've got Tyler Mays(USC), Myron Rolle(FSU) and William Moore(Mizzu). All super fast, super strong dudes.

C-HUCKS
04-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I would like to see us draft Mike Jenkins the CB from Ohio State

NorFlaFin
04-29-2008, 07:27 PM
If Mathew Stafford develops as expected..............

Majpain
04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Next years draft is loaded with talent. Depending where we pick at I wouldn't mind an ILB, CB, WR, OT.

Roman529
04-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Rey Maualuga.......end of story