PDA

View Full Version : If you could change 1 pick in the draft who would it be?

FinFanatic80
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
And list who you would have rather seen us take at that draft position.

fin-atic
04-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Devon Thomas WR Michigan State instead of Phillip Merling.

FinFanatic80
04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Charles Godfrey (CB - Iowa) instead of Henne

WelcomeBack
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Josh Barrett or Chauncey Washington instead of Lex Hilliard

Farmer
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Marcus Monk or Barrett instead of Hilliard

FinFanatic80
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM

I like that one too.

daywalker
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
We could have taken a DT in Murphy's spot and drafted Kerry Brown OG App. St. with the our last pick of the draft.

zach8111
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
lex hillard for josh barrett.

Charlie Brown
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Kendall Langford seemed like a reach, but I hope Im wrong

Boone
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
None.

I'm gonna trust Bill & Co.

dlockz
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow Henne is officially the least popular dolphin on this board lol.
Easily I would change the langford pick, I think there were betetr players there.

AZfinfan
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM

I played for the University of Montana GO GRIZ!!!! So I was happy to see Lex get drafted. I personally don't know much about him but I would love to see him succeed.

I would change the Henne pick and go with Connor or Godfrey. Prove me wrong Henne.

dlockz
04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I played for the University of Montana GO GRIZ!!!! So I was happy to see Lex get drafted. I personally don't know much about him but I would love to see him succeed.

I would change the Henne pick and go with Connor or Godfrey. Prove me wrong Henne.

I like Godfrey but we could have drafted him over langford.
Lex is a solid pick, I think he will do well as a FB hybrid.

BlueFin
04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Adrian Arrington instead of Lex Hillard.

Roman529
04-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I also wanted Josh Barrett from my ASU Sun Devils.....he runs a 4.4 and weighs about 230 pounds which is crazy for a defensive back. I just think it would have been smart drafting a DB....we seemed to have had a little overkill on the O-line and D-line.

Jed
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I would have wanted Terrell Thomas instead Henne,

Red Bryant instead of Murphy (take a OG later)

but I voted for Lex Hilliard.

I would have wanted Brian Johnston or Adrian Arrington instead of him.

I understand the team's philosophy on all of these, though. Henne is kind of insurance (in case Beck is not what we think he is) at the most important position and he was a great value pick.

Murphy will be penciled in as the starting RG, and Hilliard is a better fit for FB/H-Back than Mauia for us in this new offense.

I just think Hilliard could have been signed as a UDFA and we could have used the pick on someone else, but maybe the FO knew something we didn't.

dolfan348454999
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
the highest rated G on most boards (greco) went one pick before Langford. Why did they trade down 3 picks???!!!!!!

SaskFinFan
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I would have liked to have seen Dan Connor at that spot

blackthought
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM

Or maybe Erin Henderson or Ezra Butler. We have no playmakers from this draft just lineman. No one will be that overwhelming in this draft.

ssnjamerson
04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I cant do just one I hate this draft more than anyone elses. We didnt pick need or BPA except maybe with Long and Merling as a need then Merling BPA since he slipped
#32 Merling --Groves
#57 Henne --Godfrey
#66 Langford -- Conner
#110 Murphy (Overrated) Carl Nicks or I really wanted to trade for Fabian Washington
#176 Parmele ---Ahtyba Rubin
#204 HIlliard ---JOsh Barrett
#245 Dotson--- Erin Hernderson,Ezra Butler,Monk,Bowman,Barton,Vince hall,McCalin, McDuffie,Eric Young, Gaines,Grant,Gilberry,Hall,Adams,Kerry Brown, Richardson,Radovich, Lehman, Griffin, sosa, Reynaud,Wolfe, Hefney,Dykes, Highsmith,Wicks, Pretty much any of the UDFA rather then Dotson This was a terrible draft and I would have done the whole thinkg diff other then Long. I cant figure out what his strategy was. There were so many needs and BPA when he picked Henn,Langford,Parmele, Hilliard, Murphy and Dotson. NO CB and NO WR makes this a qusetionable draft for me. Godfrey should have been picked instead of fat slow slob Langford So now we dont have a pass rusher and even better no CB to cover the WR for 5 minutes while the quarterback enjoys a hotdog and snack since he has forever to throw. We are going to have the worst PAss defense in the NFL mark my words. Unless we trade for Lito we are screwed our DB's suck really bad
#

pyrodolphan
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
P. Hillis instead of Lex

korl68
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Kevin Smith instead of Kendall Langford

umpalu
04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
I also wanted Josh Barrett from my ASU Sun Devils.....he runs a 4.4 and weighs about 230 pounds which is crazy for a defensive back. I just think it would have been smart drafting a DB....we seemed to have had a little overkill on the O-line and D-line.

Yeah Josh is the one guy I totally missed on this year. I saw him going in the 3rd. Opps.

Finzer
04-30-2008, 01:12 AM
I'd Take Carl nicks before Murphy and Barret before Hilliard. Hopefully Yeremiah stays healthy all year.

I love the way the draft panned out, though. We got much bigger and tougher. And two (hopefully) good QBs is a good problem to have.

phinfan33
04-30-2008, 01:17 AM
considering how bad our O-Line and D-Line were last year,i think it's good we went trench heavy in this draft.

umpalu
04-30-2008, 01:21 AM
considering how bad our O-Line and D-Line were last year,i think it's good we went trench heavy in this draft.

Look where he was drafted, wouldn't have effected our line that late.

Awsi Dooger
04-30-2008, 03:59 AM
This is a bit of a copout. I don't know about changing picks but the two defensive playmakers I was disappointed we missed were Quentin Groves and Bruce Davis.

Fairly simple rationale. They can get to the QB and that alters games. Groves has the freight train suddenness, ideal for a situational pass rusher at RDE, while Davis is more nimble and versatile, relying on smarts and instincts.

I saw UCLA plenty and was always intrigued by Davis. He really stood out in the bowl vs. BYU. UCLA was outmanned with both QBs hobbled, plus it was same season revenge for BYU. UCLA was a decisive underdog of +7 but Davis kept them in it via once clutch big play after another, to the point UCLA had a chippie FG for the outright win, but it was blocked.

Everyone's raving about the Steelers' first two picks but I think Davis could be every bit as much of a steal. He reminds me of the '70s era Dolphin defenders.

Digital
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
LOL, I'd like to change all but the first one please. :D I'm not really complaining, we had a decent draft, but I would have preferred Groves at #32, Connor at #57, and then we could probably have had Langford at the top of the 3rd or even in the 4th.

My one change though, Connor at #57 instead of Henne. Connor was a complete steal there. Best intangibles of any LB, best production of any LB, the prototypical height and speed we want, the only thing he needs is more bulk, and that always comes as these kids age and progress from college to pros.

Still, I think we overdrafted for need along the DL, but at least we got 2 good DE's out of it. Eventually I think both will start, possibly 1 this year. I disagreed with the decision to draft Henne, but every regime wants their QB, and I had Henne rated highly as a game manager, which is what Parcells tends to like at QB.

No real stinker choices in our draft.

miamitd13
04-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Greco over Langford which in turn would have allowed us to take someone else over Murphy. Also, would have preferred Arrington or Monk over Hilliard.

that said, hope all the picks selected work out for us.....

XXXSURTAINXXX
04-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Actually I would have drafted myself #1 overall. I wouldnt be upset for being a bust. I would actually try very hard. But in the end I'd still be a millionaire. Matter of fact I would have signed for much less than Jake Long and screwed all the rookies over. But hey, Imma cheap dreamer.

CarolinaPhins
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Cory Boyd instead of Lex Hilliard

Myles Fynch
04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I would have taken Kevin Smith in Henne's spot at #57, and that would push everyone else down a spot. Hopefully, they'd still be there but if not, oh well.

AquaAdrenaline
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Dan Connor at #66 instead of trading all those fourth round picks to Dallas.

Xeticus
04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
None. i loved everything about this draft I wish we could have gotten Flacco but other than that this was my dream draft. I'm looking forward to some bruising running between the tackles next year.

FinFanatic80
04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Dan Connor at #66 instead of trading all those fourth round picks to Dallas.

what in the world does that mean?

You said #66 which was our 3rd rounder and then you said instead of trading "all those" 4th rounders ... we traded our 1 and only 4th round to Dallas for Fasano and Ayodele (which was an outstanding trade IMO) and then trade Booker to Philly for there 4th.

Dolphin39
04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
57. Henne...I would have drafted another position of need. I have some confidence in Beck/McCown.

204. Hilliard...I'm not sure why we drafted him here. Kevin Smith on the second day would have been nice.

burger13
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
maybe Mike Hart over Jalen Parmele....others toward the end of the draft I would have like are Paul Hubbard, DJ Hall and Dorian Brew.

RUDEbyallMEANS
04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Charles Godfrey or Tavares Gooden instead of Henne.

rayfinkle5
04-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Godfrey and Connor at 57 and 66.

phintim
04-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Greco over Langford which in turn would have allowed us to take someone else over Murphy. Also, would have preferred Arrington or Monk over Hilliard.

that said, hope all the picks selected work out for us.....

Greco over Langford which in turn would have allowed us to take someone else over Murphy. It is rumoured by CK thats what the Dolphins planned to do except that the Rams jum Greco one pick earlier which means that Langford and Murphy represent the backup plan the Dolphins had in place in case that happend. So instead of drafting 3-4 potential starters we drafted 2-3 potential starters and some maybes!

R_t_Kraken
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
All the WRs I wanted were gone at 57. I'd of taken Godfrey over Henne. We needed help in the secondary, and we still do.

And we should have taken Cory Boyd over either Parmele or Hilliard if we were looking for a late rd RB. Go watch some of his highlites, he's awesome, can't believe he was rated so low. He played in the SEC not some scrub conference.

dlockz
04-30-2008, 05:21 PM
I do think its sad that Henne is considered the one pick people on this site would change. Bill lands a very good NFL prospect and people would rather change that pick than some FB from Montanna. If you are a Beck or Henne fan you do realize that there is a great possibility that neither will be very good so why would not try to increase the odds of finding a starting qb. The wait and see what happens approuch since we forced Marino out has not worked so i give props to our staff for adding thier choice at qb to the mix. Whose wrong whose right I dont give a damn I just want a good qb, something we have not had since Marino. Smartest move this decade for the dolphins. Those that hate drafting a qb this high just cant understand why you would place your chips all on one player who has proven nothing. None of us are so great at evaluating talent that we know 100 percent that a player will not fail. We have three darts on the board and lets hope one lands bullseye. After LT we had no bigger need than Qb, that is the least settled position on the football team potential or not.

miamiballer
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
overall i liked the draft a lot but the 2 changes i would make are

3. dan connor instead of langford

and

josh barrett instead of lex hilliard

csabe
04-30-2008, 09:50 PM

Anyone over freaking Hilliard, he will be gone by training camp. A waste of a pick when we just drafted a RB earlier in the round.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Anyone over freaking Hilliard, he will be gone by training camp. A waste of a pick when we just drafted a RB earlier in the round.

Who's going to beat out Hilliard? IMO, Hilliard is much more valuable than Raegan Mauia given the fact that he can play FB and can fill in at RB during emergencies. Mauia is also useless on special teams.

IMO Reagan Mauia is the one gone by training camp, not Hilliard.

FinFanatic80
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Greco over Langford which in turn would have allowed us to take someone else over Murphy. It is rumoured by CK thats what the Dolphins planned to do except that the Rams jum Greco one pick earlier which means that Langford and Murphy represent the backup plan the Dolphins had in place in case that happend. So instead of drafting 3-4 potential starters we drafted 2-3 potential starters and some maybes!

That may be a little tough since Greco went one spot before Langford.

miamitd13
05-01-2008, 09:13 AM
That may be a little tough since Greco went one spot before Langford.

If Greco was our target in the 3rd we shouldn't have traded down to Detroit giving St Louis a shot at Greco. I know it was only moving down (2) spots but it wasn't much of a secret that the Rams o-line was fairly horrendous last year.

I guess we'll never know the real truth, but would love to have seen the reaction in our war room when St Louis made that selection - it would be telling.

TurkishFin99
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Beau Bell... DAMNIT I WANTED BEAU BELL!

Buff
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM

Obsolutely. Barrett for sure.

adamprez2003
05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Devon Thomas WR Michigan State instead of Phillip Merling. you are evil :lol: j/k

adamprez2003
05-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Well I wouldve taken Ryan over Long but that would have changed the entire draft. We still would get Merling but instead of Henne we would have had Oniel Cousins and instead of Langford we would have had Jeremy Zuttah. And getting those two we would not have targeted two more linemen later in the draft, lol.

Still, if its only one player I would vote Parmele. I wouldve preferred WR Steve Johnson, WR Adrain Arrington or OG Mackenzie Bernadaeu

csabe
05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Who's going to beat out Hilliard? IMO, Hilliard is much more valuable than Raegan Mauia given the fact that he can play FB and can fill in at RB during emergencies. Mauia is also useless on special teams.

IMO Reagan Mauia is the one gone by training camp, not Hilliard.

You really think that he has a chance to start at FB, maybe a ST at best and his ability to carry the rock from the FB position will help some but his blocking is suspect for a guy who they project to be a FB.

FinFanatic80
05-01-2008, 11:12 AM
You really think that he has a chance to start at FB, maybe a ST at best and his ability to carry the rock from the FB position will help some but his blocking is suspect for a guy who they project to be a FB.

I think there is a strong possibly he does start at fullback, since he is a much better all around player then Reagan. I would imagine that Sparano (yes i said Sparano, not Parcell's since he is the coach) would want a receiving threat also at fullback not to mention blocking. And Hilliard should be able to double as a 4th RB incase of emergency.

Reagan is jacked dont get me wrong, but i doubt the FO wants possible off the field problems to continue with there FB.

hemidemon
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
People are only picking Langford and calling him a reach b/c he played at a small school or had never heard of him. Nobody on NFL network or ESPN called him a reach. He was a popular pick among the "experts".

ILPhinFan88
05-01-2008, 02:02 PM
I voted Langford

jhortondj2
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Swap Henne for Pat Lee...

Kdawg954
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
The amount of Langford haters on here is crazy . . . it was a VERY liked pick among the draft experts . . . and hey may have not been there in round 4 at 115. I sure don't think Greco would have been a better pick . . . but I honestly thought that Godfrey or Connor would be just be too tempting.

Saying that, I wouldn't change the Lanford pick because I didn't know anything about him . . . and now that I have seen a few things and heard some great things about him . . . I LOVE the pick.

I guess if I HAD to change a pick . . . it would either be the Murphy pick or the Hillard pick . . . but I am very happy with this draft. And tho I wasn't sold on the idea of Henne at first . . . I'm glad we finally have a great shot at finding a frachise QB in the next year or 2 . . . hell we are building the trenches . . . but what does that mean if we still don't have a QB 2 years from now. Was a great pick.

i got da juice
05-02-2008, 02:49 PM
roy schuening og oregon instead of murphy