PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay finally goes 2009 draft

umpalu
04-30-2008, 02:21 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3372132&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3372132

what's everyone think? def different from the other 2009 drafts posted here. He has us 4th?!?

X-Pacolypse
04-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Al Woods makes a hell of a lot more sense than Tim Tebow!

phinfan33
04-30-2008, 03:40 AM
Al Woods makes a hell of a lot more sense than Tim Tebow!
at this point in time,i agree with you there.

Awsi Dooger
04-30-2008, 04:07 AM
In that scenario, better to tank and get Stafford. I still think he's the most gifted young QB prospect I've seen in years.

RonMexico7
04-30-2008, 06:17 AM
he has just properly sat on the fence with regards to positions though. look at his playoffs teams. and look at his worst few teams. they are pretty much identical to this year! it'll be a boring season if it works out like that.......

studsatele
04-30-2008, 06:39 AM
well. depending where we pick, i really dont wanna spend our 1st on a nt. unless that nose is a bigger version of dorsey. im more leaning towards maualuga, laranitis or jenkins, davis or perhaps maybe crabtree. basically im fine with alot of picks. just not a nose tackle with our 1st. i think we went ALONG way to shoring up our lines. now im not saying dont take a lineman. i love lineman. they make this whole ****** work!!!!!!! but i think we really should restock other positions.

daniel3
04-30-2008, 08:08 AM
A nose tackle #4 overall ;/?

LouPhinFan
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
When its all said and done I think Cushing from USC will move up the draft board and seriously be on our radar for our pick next year.

arsenal
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
what do you mean finally goes to 2009 draft, haha this draft just ended... finally?

anyway this is even more pointless than the mock drafts that come out a month before the draft... first off guessing the order is stupid, who cares if he has us 4th, he scouts college players, hes not a predictor of how teams will do in the NFL... and 2ndly its so inaccurate... last year at this time the 2008 draft included in the top 10, Brian Brohm, Sam Baker, Desean Jackson, etc...

take with multiple grains of salt

mmitro55
04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I was actually looking forward to the 2010 draft, but he hasn't put that up yet.

BennyVW
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Tebow won't come out. He will stay 4 years...

TheBow305
04-30-2008, 12:04 PM
When its all said and done I think Cushing from USC will move up the draft board and seriously be on our radar for our pick next year.

Man I really really really hope so! He is my FAVORITE prospect for next year. Al Woods would be solid, but Cushing would be AMAZING!!

fishypete
04-30-2008, 12:34 PM
The Dolphins will go either CB...LB...or WR...next year...they certainly won't select a Tackle.

NorFlaFin
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
In that scenario, better to tank and get Stafford. I still think he's the most gifted young QB prospect I've seen in years.

Do you trust Mark Richt to develop him into a legit prospect?

Disclaimer: Long time FSU fan here, Bowden recruited blue-chip after blue-chip none of those guys ever sniffed the NFL.

Phishpunk@WCU
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
We had better draft Malcolm Jenkins if we draft that high next season.

kpcane
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Tebow won't come out. He will stay 4 years...

I doubt it. After seeing what's happened recently with Leinart and Brohm, I think more QB's will be entering the draft early if they're projected to be in the top 10. It's just not worth it anymore.

ssnjamerson
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Thats a terrible board . I think the first pick will be Mike Oher OT Ole MIss, Or if its us we take Mike Crabtree WR Texas Tech. He is the best athlete in the draft and reminds of a better Randy Moss. He is crazy good. Vonte Davis and Jenkins I would like to have if Crabtree is gone. But if Long fails at LT I wouldnt mind goingn Oher to play LT They compare him to Orlando Pace.

NMPhinsFan
05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
James Laurinaitis please. This kid is gonna be a stud and is huge. He would be the cornerstone for our defense the next 10-12 years. Add that to the other very young, talented players we have and our defense has a great foundation.

Awsi Dooger
05-01-2008, 04:17 AM

Disclaimer: Long time FSU fan here, Bowden recruited blue-chip after blue-chip none of those guys ever sniffed the NFL.

Stafford has so much talent I think he's a legit prospect, and then some, regardless of the coaching. We'll find out more in '08 since Georgia is projected to be up, way up, and there will be exponentially increased focus and pressure on Stafford.

I seldom follow recruiting but a friend who I respect tremendously turned me on to Stafford. I watched his high school clips on YouTube and was blown away.

Last season he progressed nicely including some amazing darts in the Sugar Bowl.

TexanPhinatic
05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
James Laurinaitis please. This kid is gonna be a stud and is huge. He would be the cornerstone for our defense the next 10-12 years. Add that to the other very young, talented players we have and our defense has a great foundation.

Laurinaitis all the way, we need that kind of player in the middle of our LB corps.

BARF
05-01-2008, 11:35 PM
laurinitais would be the perfect fit. i hate to say it but he is a bigger faster zach

Dolfan_Noles
05-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I really like McShay, but when he posted this column last week, I was really questioning it. I know to take it with a grain of salt, but I don't even see Tim Tebow as a legitimate NFL prospect as a QB, much less in the top 10.

If anything, he would be a fullback or TE conversion, or at least I would think. He's just not enough of a passer or a runner to be successful at the next level as a QB.

Not a hater just because I'm a Nole...I think that he's one hell of a college QB and extremely physically gifted, but his type of athleticism doesn't translate to the NFL.

PLUS...I don't see any way that we wind up with the 4th worst record in the league next year.

m i n o
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
well. depending where we pick, i really dont wanna spend our 1st on a nt. unless that nose is a bigger version of dorsey. im more leaning towards maualuga, laranitis or jenkins, davis or perhaps maybe crabtree. basically im fine with alot of picks. just not a nose tackle with our 1st. i think we went ALONG way to shoring up our lines. now im not saying dont take a lineman. i love lineman. they make this whole ****** work!!!!!!! but i think we really should restock other positions.
crabtree has my vote..with parcells/ireland/sporano stating we need a #1 reciever he is looking good to be on the phins next yr.

CANDolphan
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I really like McShay, but when he posted this column last week, I was really questioning it. I know to take it with a grain of salt, but I don't even see Tim Tebow as a legitimate NFL prospect as a QB, much less in the top 10.

If anything, he would be a fullback or TE conversion, or at least I would think. He's just not enough of a passer or a runner to be successful at the next level as a QB.

Not a hater just because I'm a Nole...I think that he's one hell of a college QB and extremely physically gifted, but his type of athleticism doesn't translate to the NFL.

PLUS...I don't see any way that we wind up with the 4th worst record in the league next year.

Tim Tebow isn't Chris Leak. He's got the accuracy, the arm strength, and the mobility to be a quarterback in the NFL.

How on earth are people saying he's going to be a fullback. Honestly? Last year everyone questioned his ability to throw the football, and look what happened.. he won the heisman and threw darts. I think with his current development he'll be a pretty damn good prospect. The only issue I have with tebow is the mental aspect... Im not sure he can read defenses

Majpain
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
MCshay is a moron. Most of that board are underclassmen. The fact that he doesn't even have Chris Wells as a 1st round pick is beyond stupidity.

Danny
05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I wish I had as much free time on my hands as other people do...a mock for 2009,are you kidding me? can we at least play 1 game this year?

Ozzy rules!!

GCD960
05-06-2008, 11:25 PM
I wish I had as much free time on my hands as other people do...a mock for 2009,are you kidding me? can we at least play 1 game this year?

Ozzy rules!!

It happens every year and it gives you an idea of who to look at during the season.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Rey Maualuga or Laurinitis. Maualuga is going to be a FREAK of a MLB in the 3-4. The guy can stack up lineman, shed and go sidleine to sideline.

Maualuga is my #1 for Miami in 2009.

NRA
10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
i want to see wr's and db's for MOST of
this draft. besides a qb, these have been our
HUGE weekness for a number of years now.

PLAYMAKERS, not just bodies.

MP08!!

JT-forpresident
10-02-2008, 12:33 PM
looks like i have to be an insider to see this...can anyone post the top ten picks he has for 09 ?

PENNDOLPHAN
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
We should trade the pick if we're that high

TedSlimmJr
10-02-2008, 07:46 PM

I don't think NFL GM's or scouts depend on college coaches to develope talent....that's the coaches problem if he doesn't...not the NFL's....

In fact, it's kinda what scouts are paid to do....spot talent and potential that hasn't been tapped into yet at the college level...

GM's want to see the raw, physical tools to work with....they want to see an intuitive feel for the game....instincts.....football smarts.....competitiveness....toughness.....if you have them....we'll develope you...

There's a lot of talent in every draft that has actually been hindered by the college systems and/or coaching....blossom in the NFL....

SR 7
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Laurinaitis all the way, we need that kind of player in the middle of our LB corps.

i woudlnt touch him unless hes out of the top 20. Can't shed blocks, dispears in teh run game, and nevre shows up in big games. thanks but NO THANKS. if im taking a MLB its Rey rey. i wont touch that dude in the top 20. hes full of hype and riding the hype but its slowly dying down this year.

Baller71
10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm praying for Malcolm Jenkins.
Our secondary is terrible.

ssnjamerson
10-03-2008, 09:37 AM
If we pick #4 we should by no means take Cushing or Woods they are not top 10 Worthy. At 4 we pray Crabtree is still sitin there. This is my order i would take them if they were ava. Mike Crabtree, Rey Malauga, Malcolm Jenkins, Selvie, Vonte Davis, Fili Moala. I hope we take Crabtree I think he is the next better version of Randy Moss. And Jenkins and Davis are the shutdown corners we have needed since Surtain and Madison.

PhinzN703
10-03-2008, 10:25 AM
looks like i have to be an insider to see this...can anyone post the top ten picks he has for 09 ?

I second that though :up: