PDA

View Full Version : Gazan Arabs capture and kill leatherback sea turtle

Miamian
05-01-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwoAupDWUaU

You can see one of them slit its throat.

tylerdolphin
05-02-2008, 12:28 AM

Im probably going to get slammed for this, but if its legal where they live, no problem. In most countries it illegal to catch and kill a turtle. In the Bahamas certain species are legal to kill. I eat turtle all the time. Its great meat. Just the thing is I only eat the species that are legal here. No biggie. I know that most people have a sympathy for turtles for whatever reason, but they are no different from any other animal. And as far as them cutting its throat, thats how you slaughter a turtle. Nothing strange there.

Now I know leatherbacks are endangered. They are illegal in the Bahamas. But honestly, them catching a turtle once in a while isnt gonna hurt much. They live in the ocean for the most part, so not many are gonna get caught.

PressCoverage
05-02-2008, 01:46 AM

This is an agenda-based post. Really rather transparent.

If anyone presented a thread of Israelis doing some heinous act, you'd be going bonkers.

Kinda surprising for you. I'd stick to broader, more far-reaching topics for your propaganda.

Miamian
05-02-2008, 02:41 AM
This is an agenda-based post. Really rather transparent.

If anyone presented a thread of Israelis doing some heinous act, you'd be going bonkers.

Kinda surprising for you. I'd stick to broader, more far-reaching topics for your propaganda.Okay, so you've decided to call off the truce. That's your choice. Anyway, slitting the throat of an animal and then just letting it bleed to death is not exactly what I would call humane. That doesn't, of course, jibe with your own agenda, nor with your zeal to condescend.

Miamian
05-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Im probably going to get slammed for this, but if its legal where they live, no problem. In most countries it illegal to catch and kill a turtle. In the Bahamas certain species are legal to kill. I eat turtle all the time. Its great meat. Just the thing is I only eat the species that are legal here. No biggie. I know that most people have a sympathy for turtles for whatever reason, but they are no different from any other animal. And as far as them cutting its throat, thats how you slaughter a turtle. Nothing strange there.

Now I know leatherbacks are endangered. They are illegal in the Bahamas. But honestly, them catching a turtle once in a while isnt gonna hurt much. They live in the ocean for the most part, so not many are gonna get caught.I really don't know how far Oslo reaches in this case, so Israeli law may still apply, I don't know. Anyway, if you're going to slit the throat, why not just decapitate it altogether?

PressCoverage
05-02-2008, 03:27 AM
Okay, so you've decided to call off the truce. That's your choice. Anyway, slitting the throat of an animal and then just letting it bleed to death is not exactly what I would call humane. That doesn't, of course, jibe with your own agenda, nor with your zeal to condescend.

Actually, no I didn't call off any truce. My assessment of your offering was fact-based and respectful and suggested that you're better than that. It's your pissy response that is condescending. Are you going to deny that if anyone presented an unflattering thread showing Israelis killing an animal in cold blood you wouldn't take exception?

Take another read of what I wrote, and rethink your premise here. You've not shown anything indicative of any race or religion with this offering, yet you're trying to do so based on one incident of animal abuse.

Miamian
05-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Actually, no I didn't call off any truce. My assessment of your offering was fact-based and respectful and suggested that you're better than that. It's your pissy response that is condescending. Are you going to deny that if anyone presented an unflattering thread showing Israelis killing an animal in cold blood you wouldn't take exception?

Take another read of what I wrote, and rethink your premise here. You've not shown anything indicative of any race or religion with this offering, yet you're trying to do so based on one incident of animal abuse.You don't call the word "propaganda" loaded? Or maybe you have exclusive license?

I used the word Arabs in my OP because they weren't Jews. There are Gazan Jews i.e., they were born in Gaza, but they don't live there anymore.

If it makes you feel better, I find it disgusting when I see fish at M'khane Y'huda, the Jerusalem open air market, that are still breathing while they lay on the counter and I've let the shopowners know how I feel. I don't have any video for it, so I can't post a link.

PressCoverage
05-02-2008, 06:19 AM
You don't call the word "propaganda" loaded? Or maybe you have exclusive license?

I used the word Arabs in my OP because they weren't Jews. There are Gazan Jews i.e., they were born in Gaza, but they don't live there anymore.

If it makes you feel better, I find it disgusting when I see fish at M'khane Y'huda, the Jerusalem open air market, that are still breathing while they lay on the counter and I've let the shopowners know how I feel. I don't have any video for it, so I can't post a link.

It doesn't make me feel any better, or worse. You had an agenda in creating this thread, and yet the details of the first post do not support that agenda very well.

That's propaganda. I've been guilty of it. And here, too, are you.

Or were you just trying to make a thread about the topic of animal abuse on its own?

Miamian
05-02-2008, 08:50 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better, or worse. You had an agenda in creating this thread, and yet the details of the first post do not support that agenda very well.

That's propaganda. I've been guilty of it. And here, too, are you.

Or were you just trying to make a thread about the topic of animal abuse on its own?
I saw what I found outrageous and posted it. And by the way, I didn't search for it, someone at work showed it to me. That fact that I'm is Israeli doesn't have any bearing; obviously you believe that I should refrain from doing so, because I'm Israeli.

PhinzN703
05-02-2008, 12:21 PM
This kind of bull**** happens all over the world. I hate it

Blackocrates
05-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Why is the thread in this forum? And yes this is an agenda based post.

tylerdolphin
05-02-2008, 02:00 PM
This kind of bull**** happens all over the world. I hate it
Are you a vegetarian? A turtle is no different than a cow. Matter of fact, a cow is probably a lot more intelligent than a turtle. Turtle meat is #1 and I think its ridiculous to try tell me its any worse than eating other meat. But thats a common feeling. For whatever reason most people love turtles.

Eshlemon
05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Quelonio would kick these turtle murderers ***** all over the place.

Later, as it's time for lunch...barbecue Friday rules!

COMEBACKRICKY
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
First of all, what the hell is this doing in the political/war forum....My guess is the OP is trying to raise negative opinions about Palestinians?

Anyways yes its sad to see such a creature die, but dont most major religions believe that God put animals on this earth for us humans to consume? And you are incorrect when you saying that the method they used is inhumane. In fact, halal slaughter is intended to subject the animal to the least amount of pain possible. You cry bloody murder when the Palestinians do it, but here in America animals are killed much more violently through methods such as the bolt pistol. Muslims are actually asked to eat meat from an animal which was slaughtered mercifully, a practice known as Zabiha. This is why some Muslims do not eat meat from restaurants or buy them from the local grocery stores US because most slaughter houses dont give are indifferent if the animals experience pain before their death or not.

Im not condoning this type of behavior on such a precious animal, but I think the reason you are 'mad' about it is simply because of who did it. I missed your thread about mass dolphin killings in Japan, the worldwide fur farm industries, or the cockfighting in many places of the world. If you are going to make a thread about animal cruelty, I think most people would agree that there are much more pressing issues on the subject than a turtle killed by Palestinians.

Tetragrammaton
05-02-2008, 04:31 PM
First of all, what the hell is this doing in the political/war forum....My guess is the OP is trying to raise negative opinions about Palestinians?

Didn't you just post something about dolphins being killed?

COMEBACKRICKY
05-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Didn't you just post something about dolphins being killed?

On purpose I did, yes.

PhinzN703
05-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Are you a vegetarian? A turtle is no different than a cow. Matter of fact, a cow is probably a lot more intelligent than a turtle. Turtle meat is #1 and I think its ridiculous to try tell me its any worse than eating other meat. But thats a common feeling. For whatever reason most people love turtles.

Sedate the ****ing turtle then, don't slit it's throat on videotape and wait for it's blood to ooze out of the body.

If I was told that farmers slit the throats of cows in order for us to eat, I wouldn't eat meat. Call it a double standard or what the **** ever.

PhinzN703
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Besides man, I don't like seeing animals on tape getting harmed, even if it's for the sake of humans living. That's just me.

tylerdolphin
05-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Sedate the ****ing turtle then, don't slit it's throat on videotape and wait for it's blood to ooze out of the body.

If I was told that farmers slit the throats of cows in order for us to eat, I wouldn't eat meat. Call it a double standard or what the **** ever.
Thats a valid point. Its probably not the most humane way in the world to kill a turtle. Usually the whole head is severed, so it dies immediately.

PhinzN703
05-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Thats a valid point. Its probably not the most humane way in the world to kill a turtle. Usually the whole head is severed, so it dies immediately.

I admit I'm a hypocrite. I eat meat yet I love animals. Survival is what it is.

But when it comes to animal abuse, which I consider anything that is extreme, like slitting the turtle's throat, or stabbing dolphins to death so they bleed out then I get mad.

I understand humans have to eat animals to survive. I don't like death, for us or animals but that's how it is.

It bothers me but I understand that's how it has to be

Miamian
05-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Anyways yes its sad to see such a creature die, but dont most major religions believe that God put animals on this earth for us humans to consume? And you are incorrect when you saying that the method they used is inhumane. In fact, halal slaughter is intended to subject the animal to the least amount of pain possible. You cry bloody murder when the Palestinians do it, but here in America animals are killed much more violently through methods such as the bolt pistol. Muslims are actually asked to eat meat from an animal which was slaughtered mercifully, a practice known as Zabiha. This is why some Muslims do not eat meat from restaurants or buy them from the local grocery stores US because most slaughter houses dont give are indifferent if the animals experience pain before their death or not.

Im not condoning this type of behavior on such a precious animal, but I think the reason you are 'mad' about it is simply because of who did it. I missed your thread about mass dolphin killings in Japan, the worldwide fur farm industries, or the cockfighting in many places of the world. If you are going to make a thread about animal cruelty, I think most people would agree that there are much more pressing issues on the subject than a turtle killed by Palestinians.The bolt pistol is more violent? From what I understand the cow drops dead immediately. I also understand assumption you and others have made that I'm angry at who's doing it and using that anger to push an agenda. On "another" site I've been having a debate with people who disagree that the accidental death of a dolphin is less tragic than a human.