PDA

View Full Version : NE gained a 2nd for next year

SR 7
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
how did NE manage to gain another 2nd round pick for the 09 drafT? which pick was it when they traded out of and got the 2nd? was it the 7th pick to the 10?

miamitd13
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
from: http://www.chargers.com/news/press-releases/press-release-20080427.php

Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith made a splash early on Day 2 of the 2008 NFL Draft, trading up to the third round to acquire running back Jacob Hester from LSU with the 69th overall selection.

The Chargers swapped picks with New England to move up to the 69th slot in this year’s draft, sending the 160th overall choice (fifth-round) in this year’s draft and the Bolts’ second-round pick in 2009 to the Patriots.

FinFanatic80
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
They always seem to pull crap like this out of the @sses ... I expected better judgement for AJ Smith on this ...

Farmer
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
WOW, they gave up a 2nd for hester!?!? they turning into the new redskins and not liking draft picks?

WISfinfan13
05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Good call Chargers?!?! Give up a second round pick for a third round RB?? To the team that just beat you to get to the Superbowl??? Idiots!!!!

PS...Im not racist what so ever and sorry if this offends anyone, but when was the last time a white running back has had success in the NFL???

Farmer
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
noone should get offended, its the truth.

Majpain
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
:lol: not only did they reach to get Jacob Hester but they gave up alot to get him. God San Diego is retarded.

GCD960
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah man, this is the team to beat to get to the SB for them and they make them stronger. I dont get it

Vertical Limit
05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
So is Jacob Hester replacing Tomlinson in the near future?

CANDolphan
05-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Not only that, New England found themselves in the situation of being in front of Cinci when the last great DT was on the board. Saints have to trade up and give a 3rd rounder to the team in front of cinci , regardless of who it is. New England just happens to be in that lucky spot, so they not only got a 3rd, but they turned it into a 2nd round pick for next year.

Essentially they made #28 last year into #10 this year and a 2nd in 2009. Amazing how the ineptitude of a couple NFL front offices screws over the Jets, Fins, and Bills.

dolfanchris
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
New england is just getting as many picks as they can because they're all getting taken away after all their cheating scandals come out !!!!

RocDolphan17
05-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Good call Chargers?!?! Give up a second round pick for a third round RB?? To the team that just beat you to get to the Superbowl??? Idiots!!!!

PS...Im not racist what so ever and sorry if this offends anyone, but when was the last time a white running back has had success in the NFL???

Hilarious.......you hit the nail on the head with that one

Spray Mucus
05-01-2008, 05:36 PM

RACIST!

Dtronic
05-01-2008, 05:41 PM

White men can't run???

I have to joke about this because I'm so PO'd about their extra 2nd next year.

CashInFist
05-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Mike Alstott?

TotoreMexico
05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Stupid Chargers:tantrum:

Kdawg954
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Mike Alstott?

He pretty much is the only one who really had some great success in recent years. Then again he was a fullback and so is Hester. Maybe we can sneak Chris Cooley in since he does play as a H-Back in the Skins offense on occasion.

But that is besides the point . . . its all about talent . . . hell who would have thought Wes Welker would lead the league in receptions . . . I don't care if he is in that pass happy offense of New England . . . he is a white guy and he is a DAMN good WR in the slot.

My whole problem with football and race is that everytime a white guy has success in the NFL . . . he is the guy they wanna compare to the next upcomming white guy.

A up and comming "white" safety . . . doesn't remind people of Rodney Harrison . . . he reminds people of John Lynch. Now u can be naive and thinks its because of the similar skill set and intensity . . . but more than likely its because of the skin color.

Hell Welker was Brandon Stokley until he became Wes Welker . . . now the next short white guy in the slot who can do returns will be the next Wes Welker.

Anyways to get back on subject after that rant . . . . this was a HORRIBLE trade for San Diego . . . but lets be real . . . they probably have done the best drafting (with probably the exception of New England) in the 2000's . . . it probably wont kill them, but for Jacob Hester? I guess we will see.

finfromthenorth
05-01-2008, 11:18 PM
the cheatrots are smart. and we are no smart. we we see in a couple of years. the dolphins will rise again to greatness. wait and see

WISfinfan13
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
He pretty much is the only one who really had some great success in recent years. Then again he was a fullback and so is Hester. Maybe we can sneak Chris Cooley in since he does play as a H-Back in the Skins offense on occasion.

But that is besides the point . . . its all about talent . . . hell who would have thought Wes Welker would lead the league in receptions . . . I don't care if he is in that pass happy offense of New England . . . he is a white guy and he is a DAMN good WR in the slot.

My whole problem with football and race is that everytime a white guy has success in the NFL . . . he is the guy they wanna compare to the next upcomming white guy.

A up and comming "white" safety . . . doesn't remind people of Rodney Harrison . . . he reminds people of John Lynch. Now u can be naive and thinks its because of the similar skill set and intensity . . . but more than likely its because of the skin color.

Hell Welker was Brandon Stokley until he became Wes Welker . . . now the next short white guy in the slot who can do returns will be the next Wes Welker.

Anyways to get back on subject after that rant . . . . this was a HORRIBLE trade for San Diego . . . but lets be real . . . they probably have done the best drafting (with probably the exception of New England) in the 2000's . . . it probably wont kill them, but for Jacob Hester? I guess we will see.

I watched the draft wtih Packer fans and the Pack used their second round pick on Jordy Nelson(a white WR), who the experts compare to Wes Welker. Why do we never see a white wideout compared to TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson??? Or how about the next good black QB?? You hear comparisons of Mike Vick, Daunte Culpeper or Steve McNair. Why dont you ever hear him compared to Dan Marino or Brett Favre???

So to avoid racial controversy I am going to say Jacob Hester is going to be the next Kairem Abdul-Jabar, a black runningback we took in the 3rd round of the 1996 draft, compared to the white running back the Chargers traded up for....And I must say Both suck.

hemidemon
05-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Pioli is one of the best GMs if not the best GM in the NFL. That's why the Pats are always winning.

Spray Mucus
05-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I watched the draft wtih Packer fans and the Pack used their second round pick on Jordy Nelson(a white WR), who the experts compare to Wes Welker. Why do we never see a white wideout compared to TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson??? Or how about the next good black QB?? You hear comparisons of Mike Vick, Daunte Culpeper or Steve McNair. Why dont you ever hear him compared to Dan Marino or Brett Favre???

So to avoid racial controversy I am going to say Jacob Hester is going to be the next Kairem Abdul-Jabar, a black runningback we took in the 3rd round of the 1996 draft, compared to the white running back the Chargers traded up for....And I must say Both suck.

RACIST!

greatwade
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
why are mexicans not ever picked?!??!?!

LJK825
05-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Lets not forget Brock Forsey.

I remember paying $75 at begining of season for crappy Bears/Cardinals tix in '03. By late november, the depleted Bears roster was so horrible, the starting QB was Henry Burris, and RB was Forsey. He ran for 134 yrds and a TD. Other than that, it could have been the worst game I have ever watched.

satz
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Over reaction for this .Its not like the sandeigo traded for the 61 st pats pick . They traded for the 2006 4th rounder the raiders traded the year before to to get bush. so the if chargers make it to the playoff moved up 5-10 spots max with a 5th rd pick.

Saints traded with new england and gave up 10th pick and 78th pick. With the 10th pick mayo was selected and the 78th was used on crabel olb from michigan.

2 LB a ILB and OLB for the 7th and saving of 5 million in contract.

CANDolphan
05-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Exactly the reason I was getting so sick of people calling Chris Long " the next matt roth "

Besides being White DEs they are nothing alike.

fullerboy1
05-03-2008, 06:52 AM
RACIST!

Racist!:lol:

elandre
05-03-2008, 12:18 PM
You Sir Are A Racist !

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/05/kman4-1.jpg

TomBradyWoot
05-03-2008, 08:43 PM
New england is just getting as many picks as they can because they're all getting taken away after all their cheating scandals come out !!!!
Just wondering but, if that was the case wouldn't they have just then selected players instead of getting future draft picks that will be taken away?