PDA

View Full Version : James Hardy

Wagon Circler
05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
What are other AFCE fans impression of 6'6'' wide receiver James Hardy and his possible impact next year for the bills?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/05/FBALL101406CM256-1.jpg

WISfinfan13
05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Since hes a Bill he is bound to bust.

COMEBACKRICKY
05-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Since hes a Bill he is bound to bust.

Lol! But seriously I think he could be a probowl type player. Hopefully I am wrong!!

WISfinfan13
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Lol! But seriously I think he could be a probowl type player. Hopefully I am wrong!!

Hes unpolished, but with the right coaching he will be very good.

jp2lee783
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Hes unpolished, but with the right coaching he will be very good.

Much like Ted Ginn Jr.

Vertical Limit
05-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Except he's a giant and Ginn isn't. lol

Jetsfan0099
05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
He has talent and stuff, I am worried about playing him, we use to stink against tall WRs, like guys like Moore from the Ravens, that 6-6 WR torched us back in 2004. But we have Darrelle Revis who I think would shut him out, because I don't think Hardy is good getting off the line, and Revis is amazing at pressing the WR, Terrell Owens had a hard time verse Revis getting off the line. But then we leave our shut down CB on Hardy, that would leave Evans open, I guess we could double him though. But basically it gives you guys a good complement to Evans.

Jetsfan0099
05-01-2008, 07:18 PM
What I hate about the Bills is they do like a million short passes in a game, like they will take a bunch of 3 step then throw passes, its hard to sack their QB because of it. I hope our new pass rush owns the AFC east this year, I am hoping for 40+ sacks this season as a team.

Brassmonki14120
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
He has talent and stuff, I am worried about playing him, we use to stink against tall WRs, like guys like Moore from the Ravens, that 6-6 WR torched us back in 2004. But we have Darrelle Revis who I think would shut him out, because I don't think Hardy is good getting off the line, and Revis is amazing at pressing the WR, Terrell Owens had a hard time verse Revis getting off the line. But then we leave our shut down CB on Hardy, that would leave Evans open, I guess we could double him though. But basically it gives you guys a good complement to Evans.

Hardy wont be winning any foot races.

He does catch just about everything that's thrown his way and always wins when going up for the ball. It'll take a tall, physical guy to keep the ball out of Hardy's hands when the Bills throw to him.

Jetsfan0099
05-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Revis is taller for a CB at 6'0 and he is very physical, what I am saying is that Revis would press him and Hardy won't get off the line and the pass rush will get to the QB before he can throw to him. Remember Revis lines up against Randy Moss the 2nd game and pretty much shutted him out, because Revis was too physical and fast. Hes going to end up being a top 5 CB in the league, thats how good I think hes is.

TNdolfan54
05-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I think hes a decent pickup..
and i had no idea revis was doing that well..i really hadn't heard much from him. I'm guessing you jets fans are happy with him?

TheCommonMan
05-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Hardy wont be winning any foot races.

Well Revis ran a 4.39, Hardy ran a 4.45

Not THAt big a difference.

I think Hardy is plenty fast when you factor in his vertical and his height... the guy simply can't be covered in a jump ball situation if the ball is thrown right.

Jetsfan0099
05-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I think hes a decent pickup..
and i had no idea revis was doing that well..i really hadn't heard much from him. I'm guessing you jets fans are happy with him?
Yea all Jets fans are happy with Revis, definitely the top CB from that draft. He started a little slow, but once he got into his groove he was consistently lining up against #1 WRs and containing them. He played against Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson. And he held his own against them, you can't really expect any better then what he did as a rookie for a team with a lack of pass rush.

Jetsfan0099
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Well Revis ran a 4.39, Hardy ran a 4.45

Not THAt big a difference.

I think Hardy is plenty fast when you factor in his vertical and his height... the guy simply can't be covered in a jump ball situation if the ball is thrown right.
The difference is Hardy has a hard time getting off of press coverage, so Revis would jam him at the line and Hardy would have a hard time getting anywhere.

TNdolfan54
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Yea all Jets fans are happy with Revis, definitely the top CB from that draft. He started a little slow, but once he got into his groove he was consistently lining up against #1 WRs and containing them. He played against Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson. And he held his own against them, you can't really expect any better then what he did as a rookie for a team with a lack of pass rush.

oh impressive, i had no idea. good pick up

djfresh47
05-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I liked Sweed more. Though he'll give the Bills a big target. Something they've lacked. It usually takes wideouts a few years to get "it," in the league but I think Hardy will be atleast given red-zone duty. In all honestly I think unless he has one leg he should start day one. Josh Reed is better suited as a 3rd and Roscoe Parrish I don't think is big enough to start.

It's a make-or-break year for Jauron, IMO. They've given him the talent to make the playoffs.

Brassmonki14120
05-04-2008, 04:12 AM
The difference is Hardy has a hard time getting off of press coverage, so Revis would jam him at the line and Hardy would have a hard time getting anywhere.

Scouting report on Hardy

Strengths: James Hardy has as much potential upside as any WR in the 2008 NFL Draft class…James Hardy is a solid 6’6 and represents the top red zone target in the 2008 WR Draft class…he is drawing comparisons to Plaxico Burress, and those comparisons are fair…he is very physical at the line of scrimmage and it would be very difficult for opposing defensive backs to get a solid jam on James Hardy…James Hardy does not mind going over the middle and with his extraordinary frame can block off defenders with ease…uses his large hands to pluck the ball out of the air at its highest point…his nature physical gifts will cause his draft stock to soar, especially if he can exhibit them during the Scouting Combine…

Hardy has like 6-7 inches height advantage and 13 pounds on him. While Revis has a 38" vert jump and Hardy only has a 37" vert jump I still don't see Revis being able to shut Hardy down. Unless he plans on tackling him at the LOS before the ball is even in the air.

Brassmonki14120
05-04-2008, 04:58 AM

I'ld prolly give the best CB in the draft to Leon Hall. The 9 of the 10 games he started in he played very well.

To say Revis (who started all 16 games) started out slow and then got into a groove is kind of backward thinking. Revis started out pretty hot 5 out of the first 6 weeks. Then after week 6 his play seemed to drop a notch.

Mike13
05-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Hardy was one of the Best WRs in the draft, and the Bills got a steal when they nabbed him in the second.

Dors156
05-04-2008, 10:21 PM
This is the one player I have hyped up extremely in this draft. I think he has the ability to be the most productive rookie in this draft class. He has the measurables and speed, can Trent get it to him. I think the rest of the division will fear Hardy for a long time. Possible Rookie of the Year if he starts.

Wagon Circler
05-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I think the bills offense has the ability to take a giant leap from where we were last year. I think they finished like 30th or 31st in almost all offensive categories.

With a huge guy like Hardy defenses have to pay attention to him and that's something the bills needed, a threat at WO besides Lee Evans. Along with Parish in the slot and Lynch running the ball this could be a good season for this bills.

The Myth
05-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I have known James Hardy for about 8 years now. My youngest son use to play B-Ball with him. He really is a very good guy but isn't very happy about going to Buffalo. He is deceptively fast for a man his size and only reason he had problems with getting off the DBs jams was because he has never really been taught to. In High school his team won 1 game in 4 years he was a dominant player. At Indiana come on it's Indiana three years three coaches.
So he will learn it.
This guy is with out question the best WR that was in this draft and he will be hard as hell to defend.

carolinabillsfa
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Donte Whitner on James Hardy "He's going to make a lot of noise."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=6062

BuffaloSoldier2
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I have known James Hardy for about 8 years now. My youngest son use to play B-Ball with him. He really is a very good guy but isn't very happy about going to Buffalo. He is deceptively fast for a man his size and only reason he had problems with getting off the DBs jams was because he has never really been taught to. In High school his team won 1 game in 4 years he was a dominant player. At Indiana come on it's Indiana three years three coaches.
So he will learn it.
This guy is with out question the best WR that was in this draft and he will be hard as hell to defend.

Blah. He's from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Buffalo is Vegas compared to that dump. Plus, as he stated, he has family in Buffalo and says Buffalo is home now. Stop making up things.

John from Hemet
05-06-2008, 05:12 PM

Actually this is why he would be valuable to the team this year.

Revis is a heck of a player...and if he is on Hardy that means he isn't covering Lee Evans.

That is good news for us.

The Myth
05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Blah. He's from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Buffalo is Vegas compared to that dump. Plus, as he stated, he has family in Buffalo and says Buffalo is home now. Stop making up things.
What the F*** are you saying I made up.
I was here when he was selected, I do know the man, your nothing but a dim witted Buffalo fan. I have been in Buffalo a number of times and your attempted comparison is just like you are acting Asinine!

Brassmonki14120
05-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Not once before the draft did he say anything about Hardy. Not a "here's a kid to watch" or "my son plays ball with...".

The Bills look like a pretty solid team with their offseason and FA moves and while they are not yet SB contenders, there just isn't a whole lot left for him to criticise.

BuffaloSoldier2
05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
What the F*** are you saying I made up.
I was here when he was selected, I do know the man, your nothing but a dim witted Buffalo fan. I have been in Buffalo a number of times and your attempted comparison is just like you are acting Asinine!

Haha. :sidelol: Just by your silly response, I can tell how quality of a source you are. And if you get so offended by a message board, you gotta wonder who's really the dim-witted one. :up:

And if you're calling someone dim-witted, learn the correct use of you're and your. :lol:

BuffaloSoldier2
05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Not once before the draft did he say anything about Hardy. Not a "here's a kid to watch" or "my son plays ball with...".

The Bills look like a pretty solid team with their offseason and FA moves and while they are not yet SB contenders, there just isn't a whole lot left for him to criticise.

My friend's sister used to give Henne hj's before high school and she said that he cried when he found out he was going to Miami.

Brassmonki14120
05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
My friend's sister used to give Henne hj's before high school and she said that he cried when he found out he was going to Miami.

Yeah well my friend's brother who to this day still gives 'em to Beck said that when Beck found out he cried too.

Mike13
05-11-2008, 08:32 PM
My friend's sister used to give Henne hj's before high school and she said that he cried when he found out he was going to Miami

What the hell is an hj?
"Herpes Jeans"
now thats just ****ed up.

Iroquois Joe
05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
What the hell is an hj?
"Herpes Jeans"
now thats just ****ed up.

Hum Job?

Deep2Evans
05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Hardy is the guy I wanted all along. I'm thrilled we got McKelvin and Hardy. The first two rounds couldn't have worked out much better for us. Top CB in the draft, and the exact WR we need. Perfect.

Lazy1
05-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Reminds me alot of plaxico burress, and I think he will face alot of the same problems plax did early in his career and will need to learn how to use his body and be physical to be successful in this league, something that alot of the young recievers with size have a hard time adapting to. I dont think he'll be good immediatley and will need work, but if he sticks with his game and gets better his game could progress to a pro bowl level in time.

The Myth
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Yes I did as a mater of fact. Just not on this board. Why would I want to pump up a guy on another teams board that I was hoping the team I watch would take or at least he would not go to a team in the same division. Damn guys I said nothing but positive things about James Hardy. He went to Elmhurst HS in Ft.Wayne In. the team won one game in the four years he was there. But he was one of the best B-Ball players in the state. I live less than a 1/2 mile from the School and my son use to get together with him and play B-Ball. So I got to know him a little. Hardy is a real good guy and will be a great player.

Justasportsfan
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
My first impression of HArdy is that he strikes me .... I mean his dad ...er nevermind ...