PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton Thoughts On Chad Henne

RocDolphan17
05-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I was just listening to SportCenter and Clayton says that he thinks Henne has the potential to make the biggest impact in the first year of all the quarterbacks. He also said he thinks that Henne will be the starter by no later than the halfway point. Ideas?

dlockz
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
I was just listening to SportCenter and Clayton says that he thinks Henne has the potential to make the biggest impact in the first year of all the quarterbacks. He also said he thinks that Henne will be the starter by no later than the halfway point. Ideas?

Blasphemy, you just hate beck lol
Well its official since all the Beck lovers annointed John Clayton guru since Shefter said that Henne could start.

RocDolphan17
05-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I wasn't saying anything bad about Beck. Hell, I like the guy and think he might be a good QB, but the fact is, only one QB is gonna start. Honestly, I don't really care who it is. As long as they win games, it could be Shaq for all I care.......

dlockz
05-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I wasn't saying anything bad about Beck. Hell, I like the guy and think he might be a good QB, but the fact is, only one QB is gonna start. Honestly, I don't really care who it is. As long as they win games, it could be Shaq for all I care.......

I was just kidding, that seems to be what this board has became now, no matter what your post is about. If I make a statement like Beck only had a 1 to 1 int to td ratio outside of conference nobody reads into the stat they just say stuff like like you are a hater blah.

D-bolt
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Dlockz,
Lets be honest, how many times do the "Beck Haters" use the argument that Beck just sucks? There are two major sides that seem to reside on this forum. Side A: Beck is good Side B: Beck sucks. I personally think Beck has the talent to start and be good, but I also believe Henne has talent to start also. I put myself in group C: I like Beck, I like Henne, but I really like the outlook of our QB position for the first time in a long time. May the best man win:up:
+
I was just kidding, that seems to be what this board has became now, no matter what your post is about. If I make a statement like Beck only had a 1 to 1 int to td ratio outside of conference nobody reads into the stat they just say stuff like like you are a hater blah.

dlockz
05-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Dlockz,
Lets be honest, how many times do the "Beck Haters" use the argument that Beck just sucks? There are two major sides that seem to reside on this forum. Side A: Beck is good Side B: Beck sucks. I personally think Beck has the talent to start and be good, but I also believe Henne has talent to start also. I put myself in group C: I like Beck, I like Henne, but I really like the outlook of our QB position for the first time in a long time. May the best man win:up:
+

I just wish they would put me in the new group: I believe that Chad henne is our future starter and John Beck is our future backup club.

D-bolt
05-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I just wish they would put me in the new group: I believe that Chad henne is our future starter and John Beck is our future backup club.

FINE,
You are officially Group D:lol:

blackthought
05-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Blasphemy, you just hate beck lol
Well its official since all the Beck lovers annointed John Clayton guru since Shefter said that Henne could start.

Yo funny, FUNNY.

dlockz
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
FINE,
You are officially Group D:lol:

Thanks I admit I get tired of being called a Beck hater when if he makes a good backup he could be among the best Qb's here since Marino.

D-bolt
05-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks I admit I get tired of being called a Beck hater when if he makes a good backup he could be among the best Qb's here since Marino.

I think in general the whole community just wants the answer at QB, although each person has their own way of expressing it, as soon as possible so we can move along to other aspects of our team. Even though we have the haters and lovers on different sidesof the fence all can agree the main thing they want is to see this team win, no matter who the qb leading the team is.

RocDolphan17
05-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I think in general the whole community just wants the answer at QB, although each person has their own way of expressing it, as soon as possible so we can move along to other aspects of our team. Even though we have the haters and lovers on different sidesof the fence all can agree the main thing they want is to see this team win, no matter who the qb leading the team is.

My thoughts exactly. I wanna see em both do good, but most of all I just want us to get back to winning......

rev kev
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM

Hey am I the only one who gets your humour...?

D-bolt
05-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Amen!!!!!!

X-Pacolypse
05-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Henne could start Opening Day.

dlockz
05-01-2008, 09:11 PM

maybe but im glad someone does lol

Marino420TD
05-01-2008, 11:45 PM

Not quite the only one...

undefeatedfin
05-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Hopefully we get one good QB out of this group, none of them has shown they could be starters.

Digital
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
As I've posted several times since the draft, I'm confident that McCown will be our QB this year until Henne is ready. Barring a massive meltdown/injury to McCown at a time when Henne is clearly not yet ready (or injured himself), I cannot see Beck winning the QB competition. It's not because of Beck at all, but rather the new regime spent a high pick on getting their own QB Henne, and he is going to be the QB of the future, not the old regime's QB Beck.

Beck further has a bad rookie track record of fumbling, and this regime wants a game manager who doesn't turn the ball over or otherwise put their defense in a bad spot. So, barring a minor miracle, Beck never gets a shot at becoming our starting QB. It's true that rookie QB's rarely succeed, with names like Elway, Favre, and Aikman being prime examples. But, it doesn't look like Beck will ever get a 2nd chance, at least not anytime soon.

I was surprised when I read on here yesterday that Clayton predicted Beck would be our QB (I never verified it though so it could have been incorrect), but it did give me hope that we might have a true open QB competition. But, now that I'm reading Clayton--whose opinion I respect above all other Analysts--is predicting Henne, I guess the deal is sealed. That's what I expected, but I'd rather let the best QB win, regardless of whether it's Henne, McCown or Beck. I'm sick of having to support mediocre to poor QB's for so long. Griese and Marino really spoiled me.

dlockz
05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
As I've posted several times since the draft, I'm confident that McCown will be our QB this year until Henne is ready. Barring a massive meltdown/injury to McCown at a time when Henne is clearly not yet ready (or injured himself), I cannot see Beck winning the QB competition. It's not because of Beck at all, but rather the new regime spent a high pick on getting their own QB Henne, and he is going to be the QB of the future, not the old regime's QB Beck.

Beck further has a bad rookie track record of fumbling, and this regime wants a game manager who doesn't turn the ball over or otherwise put their defense in a bad spot. So, barring a minor miracle, Beck never gets a shot at becoming our starting QB. It's true that rookie QB's rarely succeed, with names like Elway, Favre, and Aikman being prime examples. But, it doesn't look like Beck will ever get a 2nd chance, at least not anytime soon.

I was surprised when I read on here yesterday that Clayton predicted Beck would be our QB (I never verified it though so it could have been incorrect), but it did give me hope that we might have a true open QB competition. But, now that I'm reading Clayton--whose opinion I respect above all other Analysts--is predicting Henne, I guess the deal is sealed. That's what I expected, but I'd rather let the best QB win, regardless of whether it's Henne, McCown or Beck. I'm sick of having to support mediocre to poor QB's for so long. Griese and Marino really spoiled me.

Yea alot of people jumped all on the fact that Clayton said Beck would start the season and then when they heard his next comments they all of sudden found a new spin. Im pretty sure that at some point the best qb will play.

jim1
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM

If the Fins saw Henne as definitely their guy and QB of the future then I think that they would have taken him at #32, not #57. Don't forget that Ireland was high on Beck coming out of college- why not like him now?

My biggest knock against Beck is his size- he looks so small out there. But I do like him, and I like Henne also. Given more offensive weapons and, more importantly, more protection, I could see Beck blossoming this year.

BTW, I thought that I saw an ESPN article a coulple of days ago in which the writers were polled as to who would win the QB job- all voted for Henne except Clayton, who chose Beck.

Here it is:

Other QB Controversies
Here are five additional quarterback controversies to watch closely in 2008 complete with our expert's picks of who will start:

3. Miami Dolphins

Contenders: John Beck vs. Chad Henne
Situation: That Miami passed on Matt Ryan with the top pick in the draft shows the Dolphins have some degree of confidence in Beck. But Beck was a pick of the old regime. Henne is the choice of new regime led by Bill Parcells, Miami's vice president of football operations. That should be enough to get Henne a fair chance to win the job in training camp.

Picks: Chadiha, Henne; Clayton, Beck; Mosley, Henne; Sando, Henne; Walker, Henne; Williamson, Henne; Yasinskas, Henne.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7102

Sorry, no link directly to ESPN

Danny
05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm on group C also...I'm rooting for both to do great and whoever starts then fine as long as we can win with him.

Ozzy rules!!

nick1
05-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Henne has better tools I think but is less accurate both are good prospects, I would disagree though I think Brohm will be the best rookie QB this year. Rodgers is a bum he will beat him out

Boone
05-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Henne could start Opening Day.

:clapping: GO CHAD!

rev kev
05-02-2008, 04:41 PM
If the Fins saw Henne as definitely their guy and QB of the future then I think that they would have taken him at #32, not #57. Don't forget that Ireland was high on Beck coming out of college- why not like him now?

My biggest knock against Beck is his size- he looks so small out there. But I do like him, and I like Henne also. Given more offensive weapons and, more importantly, more protection, I could see Beck blossoming this year.

BTW, I thought that I saw an ESPN article a coulple of days ago in which the writers were polled as to who would win the QB job- all voted for Henne except Clayton, who chose Beck.

Here it is:

Other QB Controversies
Here are five additional quarterback controversies to watch closely in 2008 complete with our expert's picks of who will start:

3. Miami Dolphins

Contenders: John Beck vs. Chad Henne
Situation: That Miami passed on Matt Ryan with the top pick in the draft shows the Dolphins have some degree of confidence in Beck. But Beck was a pick of the old regime. Henne is the choice of new regime led by Bill Parcells, Miami's vice president of football operations. That should be enough to get Henne a fair chance to win the job in training camp.

Picks: Chadiha, Henne; Clayton, Beck; Mosley, Henne; Sando, Henne; Walker, Henne; Williamson, Henne; Yasinskas, Henne.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7102

Sorry, no link directly to ESPN

PUHLEASE........ This can be interpreted a hundred ways not substantial whatsoever.........

jim1
05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
PUHLEASE........ This can be interpreted a hundred ways not substantial whatsoever.........

It' just something that he said, don't have a conniption over it.