PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man an MUST see movie

DisturbedShifty
05-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Just got back from the sneak peek of Iron Man at my local theater, and man was it awesome. Of all the "B-Rated" super hero movies out there, this one is BY far the best. Great actiing, great story, great visual effects! I can't say enough good things about this flick. Also stick around after the credits a nice little surprise and the end. :up::up::up::up::up:

PhinFan0202
05-02-2008, 04:32 AM
I just saw the movie but didn't see the surprise at the end, what was it? I'm thinking War Machine.

WeVie
05-02-2008, 06:44 AM
I am going to see it tonight.

Thanks for the heads up on the credits.

aquaattak
05-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Ive seen the ending..It was way cool to see that...But haven't seen the movie yet...Iron Man is one of my fav's, i hope they didnt butcher it in a SM3 or Elektra kind of way.

greatwade
05-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I am taking an girl to see it on Sunday. I will buy her an popcorn, and try Straz's trick!

THANKS!

JL25
05-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm gonna watch it either tomorrow or monday. Can't wait to see it.

SpaceMountain16
05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Completely agree

I saw it last night, it's absolutely terrific. I'd go as far as saying it's the best movie Marvel has ever produced. Better than Spider-Man and any of the X-Men movies.

It's not quite as good as Batman Begins simply because the story and villains aren't as cool. But Iron Man makes it up for it with terrific acting, graphics, action, humor and an all around great experience. GO SEE IT!

retired opfinistic
05-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I am taking an girl to see it on Sunday. I will buy her an popcorn, and try Straz's trick!

THANKS!
You're gonna pretend to yawn and put your arm around her?

Noodle Arm
05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
You're gonna pretend to yawn and put your arm around her?

No, I picture him doing the old "hole at the bottom of the popcorn bucket" move.

Oh and Iron Man rocks. I've always been a Robert Downey Jr. fan, and between this and Tropic Thunder coming out later....he will own this summer.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Layfield
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
The only good part of the movie was Robbie Jr.

The rest of it was typical and what I expected.

CedarPhin
05-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I thought it was better than some duds...I enjoyed the special effects.

2.5/5

SpaceMountain16
05-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I am super pumped for what is revealed after the credits.

WeVie
05-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Will someone tell me what was after thr credits. I watched it tonight but they turned it off before it showed it. A-holes! I complained but they would'nt turn it back on.

SpaceMountain16
05-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Will someone tell me what was after thr credits. I watched it tonight but they turned it off before it showed it. A-holes! I complained but they would'nt turn it back on.

I will PM what happens to you so i dont spoil it in the thread

Blade
05-03-2008, 01:48 AM

It was a good movie. I liked it. The movie flowed nicely and the jokes were spot on. The action and special effects were great. 8/10.

The ending was a clip of Tony Starks, in his house, talkin to the head of The Shield, played by Samual L. Jackson. They mention something about The Avenger. But i dont follow comics so i am not sure what this is about.

Update: Nick Fury (played by Jackson appears in a post end credits sting where he confronts Stark in his residence and essentially requests the inventor to help form The Avengers.

Jaydog57
05-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Saw it Thursday night. It was a great movie. Downey Jr was awesome as Tony Stark. Definitely worth watching on the big screen.:hi5:

Dolfan32323
05-03-2008, 08:37 PM
fantastic movie. has me pumped for the dark knight now!

Finfang
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Took my son to see Iron Man today.

I usually don't go for the super hero stuff but this is a great film.

Robert Downey Jr. was excellent!

fin-atic
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Great! Great! Movie.
It keeps you locked in from the very beginning. Special effects are great, Robert Downey, Jr. terrific job, and the action was mind blowing. The best comic movie yet.

GO SEE IT!

JL25
05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Saw this movie with the wife and we loved it. Outstanding movie. Definitely one of the best marvel movies.

Dudeman
05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Took my son to see Iron Man today.

I usually don't go for the super hero stuff but this is a great film.

Robert Downey Jr. was excellent!

I agree, RD was perfect for the role

I was very impressed by the movie seeing that it was directed by the ordinary Jon Favreau

I was watching the movie amazed knowing that it was done by the guy who played Afflecks partner in Daredevil

Deus Ex Dolphin
05-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Good movie, though like most hero movies you get the background story and less action than you might want (more scenes of Stark tearing it up in the Iron Man suit).

Of course, most people don't know the background of Tony Stark, and part of the story is how he becomes a better man, so it's only a minor gripe.

Definitely sit through the end credits, as it gets pretty funny/cool in that very last scene.

Blackocrates
05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I loved it, it's going to be a great summer for comic movies. I'm really looking forward to The Watchmen and Incredible Hulk. Can't forget about Batman either.

Nublar7
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Saw this movie yesterday and thought it was very good. I like summer movies, but rarely do you get one that just blows you away. Transformers was the only movie that blew me away in 2007, and Iron Man delivered the same feeling. It blew me away and Robert Downey was an excellent choice to play the main role.

Also, for those like me that are interested in following the Box Office, Iron Man made an estimated $100.8 million over the weekend($104.3 million including the Thursday night showings).

FinsAreLife
05-04-2008, 09:10 PM
If i can find the time in my busy life id love to go with my pops to see it, i remember watching some of the iron man cartoons with him when i was really little.

SpurzN703
05-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Great to hear everyone liked it. I'll see it next weekend :up:

retired opfinistic
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Great flick!

m i n o
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
ive been debating on wether or not to see it. im not a big rdj fan at all so that is probly causing me to wait and rent it. my wife isn't a fan of rdj either moreso than me so if we do go to the movies it will probly be to see the jackie chan/jet li movie. coupled with the fact that most of the other comic movies have not been so great it will take a shoe horn to see this movie at the theatre but everyone i talk to raves about it.

outtawack311
05-05-2008, 12:11 PM
ive been debating on wether or not to see it. im not a big rdj fan at all so that is probly causing me to wait and rent it. my wife isn't a fan of rdj either moreso than me so if we do go to the movies it will probly be to see the jackie chan/jet li movie. coupled with the fact that most of the other comic movies have not been so great it will take a shoe horn to see this movie at the theatre but everyone i talk to raves about it.

I didn't like RDJ either....till this movie. He was amazing as Tony Stark.

greatwade
05-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I remember how Sophie blew D-day away in Transformers!

Go see Sophie!

dolfanchris
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
i didnt get to see what happens after the credits ... someone tell em pleeeease !!!!!!

retired opfinistic
05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
i didnt get to see what happens after the credits ... someone tell em pleeeease !!!!!!
Some teenagers came in the room and picked up all the popcorn and soda cups.

Noodle Arm
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Some teenagers came in the room and picked up all the popcorn and soda cups.

*SPOILER WARNING NEXT TIME!!!* :shakeno:

Seriously though dolfanchris, I think somebody posted the spoiler on the first page.

retired opfinistic
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
*SPOILER WARNING NEXT TIME!!!* :shakeno:

Seriously though dolfanchris, I think somebody posted the spoiler on the first page.
:foundout: My bad!

greatwade
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
donger doesn't come back with the car