PDA

View Full Version : NO Madden 09 for PC version *Boycott EA*

Mr772
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Looks like the idiot CEO from EA (Peter Moore) has decided to cancel the PC versions of madden.

This company has really made a lot of crap since he has taken over. Now they just decide to stop making the only version that is good for online leagues.

What really blows is that they have an exclusive agreement with the NFL so nobody else can make a PC version of the game either.

CitizenSnips
05-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Meh. Go ahead 'boycott' ea. Im sure they'll notice.

Timmy54
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
you do know they have online leagues now built into the system for xbox 360 and PS3 huh. oh you didnt know...well know you do! say good bye PC world.

retired opfinistic
05-02-2008, 02:30 PM
How bout for my Atari 2600?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Medieval954
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
How bout for my Atari 2600?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/05/33o3bl3-1.png

retired opfinistic
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/05/33o3bl3-1.png

That effin rocks!

Phin-o-rama
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
you can thank the pirates for this, and for the future epic fail that is pc gaming

mor911
05-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Phinz420
05-02-2008, 11:42 PM
you can thank the pirates for this, and for the future epic fail that is pc gaming

Nobody that downloaded their ****ty PC sports games had any intentions of buying them.

It just became clear to EA that they couldn't sell generic sports games to the PC crowd when all they do is give roster updates year in and out.

Seriously, am I the only PC owner who even played last year's Madden?

This is certainly no loss for the PC community, if anything it just means there will be less bull**** out there to trick people into buying games that are sloppily made.

Toneboy
05-03-2008, 08:38 AM
So this is a joke, right?

(Searches Google News...)

:boohoo:

Phin-o-rama
05-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Nobody that downloaded their ****ty PC sports games had any intentions of buying them.

It just became clear to EA that they couldn't sell generic sports games to the PC crowd when all they do is give roster updates year in and out.

Seriously, am I the only PC owner who even played last year's Madden?

This is certainly no loss for the PC community, if anything it just means there will be less bull**** out there to trick people into buying games that are sloppily made.

that may be the case for madden, but in general, piracy is so rampant on pc games that its forcing the consoles to get all the good games....i just read an article about it the other day, although its no surprise

no company that makes a pc game makes money unless their name is blizzard

Phinz420
05-03-2008, 04:11 PM
that may be the case for madden, but in general, piracy is so rampant on pc games that its forcing the consoles to get all the good games....i just read an article about it the other day, although its no surprise

no company that makes a pc game makes money unless their name is blizzard

You really believe that to be true when a MMO on the PC is considered a "financial success" when it reaches a mere fraction of the player base that Blizzard has? That is just for MMORPG's as well, and FPS & RTS titles will always sell great on the PC as well, due to their superior controll setup and scaling graphics..

There are a lot of articles out there that contradict each other, so finding some random article about some imbecile proclaiming the death of PC gaming due to piracy(or anything else) holds no weight.

Once again, Piracy is just another scapegoat for all that goes wrong in any media industry. Especially with the gaming industry, it is ****ing absurd for any of these companies to look at 1 illegal download as a loss of revenue. Once again, most of these downloads are from people who were not going to buy the game, and none of those companies has any evidence/facts to prove otherwise.

**** I guess everyone who recorded Michael Jackson on tape cost him tons of cash. All of those Singles/Albums that were "stolen" by those thieves!

PC games will be around as long as console games, as they are tied together in the first place. While there will certainly be titles like Army of Two, Battlefield Bad Company, and certain other non PC titles....at the same time there are games that never see the light of day on any console that make great profit on the PC(99% of MMO & RTS...).

Most companies are not acting the way you are portraying anyways. Almost every major 360 release is out on the PC with a few exceptions like Halo 3, which is only a matter of time of coarse. It's not exactly hard for a game developed on the 360 to be ported to the PC or developed along side it.

Phinz420
05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Responding to a question about the state of PC gaming, and the perceived downturn, Doug Lombardi(Valve) had this to say:

"But I think a lot of what's happening now in the public perception and the press perception is fuelled by thing like NPD releasing sales data from retail in the States that says "Oh, PC games were only 12 per cent of sales at the holiday" - or last year, or whenever it was - and everybody grabs hold of that and all of a sudden declares that PC gaming is on the way out and what-not.

But that ignores all the subscription revenue from World of Warcraft, which just by itself would change that number, that perception that's its only 12 per cent of the business. Just add that in and all of a sudden I'm guessing it's over 20 per cent of the business. Throw in things like Steam sales - that's going to move it again. Then there are different models, like the DICE guys are doing.They also mentioned the fact that millions are being thrown around in marketing for consoles, while that is not being done for PCs. NPD numbers are almost worthless. I can't even tell you the last time I bought a PC game from retail...it has all been spent online. Yet, none of the insane amount of money I have spent would have ever been tallied into these retarded NPD figures.

Mr772
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Almost every major 360 release is out on the PC with a few exceptions like Halo 3, which is only a matter of time of coarse. It's not exactly hard for a game developed on the 360 to be ported to the PC or developed along side it.

This is what does not make sense to me, why not just port the xbx360 version over to pc rake in a pile of cash and call it a day. It's not like it would be that difficult or take up tons of resources.

Mr772
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
If I could somehow squeeze my Quad Core and 8800GTX into that PS3 or xbox360 maybe I wouldn't be so upset.

Phinz420
05-05-2008, 07:17 PM
This is what does not make sense to me, why not just port the xbx360 version over to pc rake in a pile of cash and call it a day. It's not like it would be that difficult or take up tons of resources.

I pirated last year's madden to see what the game engine would be like in comparison to the 360 version I had been playing when it was released. I was so disappointed to see that it was the same PC engine they had been using for years. Why they chose not to bother making Madden in HD for the PC I will never know, but it was pretty pointless for them to release anything like Madden 08(PC) ever again.

The PC crowd really isnt into sports games all that much to begin with, its kind of a niche market due to the sheer popularity of console sports. Still, I would have definitely bought a HD Madden for some fun in online leagues. After seeing the farce that was Madden 08 for the PC though, Im honestly not peeved the slightest over EA discontinuing that franchise on the PC.

So really, this was inevitable due to the fact EA had already chose not to give the PC a next gen madden years before they made this announcement

Mr772
05-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I pirated last year's madden to see what the game engine would be like in comparison to the 360 version I had been playing when it was released. I was so disappointed to see that it was the same PC engine they had been using for years. Why they chose not to bother making Madden in HD for the PC I will never know, but it was pretty pointless for them to release anything like Madden 08(PC) ever again.

The PC crowd really isnt into sports games all that much to begin with, its kind of a niche market due to the sheer popularity of console sports. Still, I would have definitely bought a HD Madden for some fun in online leagues. After seeing the farce that was Madden 08 for the PC though, Im honestly not peeved the slightest over EA discontinuing that franchise on the PC.

So really, this was inevitable due to the fact EA had already chose not to give the PC a next gen madden years before they made this announcement

It's very true that the PC version was crap compared to the xbox360, which is strange because it would have been realitively simple to port the 360 version over to pc. EA has shown contempt for Madden PC version for years now.

SarahAnn
05-08-2008, 08:25 AM
PC gamers aren't into sports games because good ones are next to impossible to find. When you do find a good series the company cancels it...