PDA

View Full Version : Long-awaited electric sports car rolls out

BAMAPHIN 22
05-04-2008, 12:34 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/05/t1hometeslatopap-1.jpg (http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/electric.car.ap/index.html)

After several years of development, the Tesla Roadster -- with sleek lines like a Ferrari or Porsche and a sticker price of $109,000 -- moves from the drawing boards to the market. What makes the car stand out from the rest is its 6,831-cell lithium-ion battery pack that does not give off any emissions

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/electric.car.ap/index.html

Dudeman
05-04-2008, 10:42 AM
it'd be nice to live in SoCal just to be able to walk by the store....thats a very nice looking car.

and to be able to go 225 miles and charge it overnight like a cellphone? thats badass

m i n o
05-05-2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/05/t1hometeslatopap-1.jpg (http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/electric.car.ap/index.html)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/electric.car.ap/index.html
haha word is they wanted to roll it out next to the real cars but they run out of extension cords. also if you put a penny in the back it will do a wheely. seriuosly it's a sweet looking ride...better than the scooter my grandmother has.

arsenal
05-05-2008, 09:09 AM
^why the hate?

i think its dope... we gotta start moving towards something else with the gasoline situation... 220 miles on 3.5 hours of charging... not too bad

spydertl79
05-05-2008, 09:30 AM
^why the hate?

i think its dope... we gotta start moving towards something else with the gasoline situation... 220 miles on 3.5 hours of charging... not too bad
Electricity comes from coal and oil more times then not

m i n o
05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
^why the hate?

i hate for just the reason that just happened to me while i was writing a long paragraph of why i hate...the power just went out at my house..albiet only five seconds but it hasn't started raining yet.
so to finish my hate. maybe it stems from seeing one on mr.rogers some 20 yrs ago. while it may be good for some..alot of times i drive some160-180 miles round trip for work so i would have to charge it every friggin night and hope i don't run out of electricity on the way home..then what? i can't walk a few miles and put some electricity in a gas can. then theres the problem i stated before in that my luck i would set to charge and the power go out in the middle of the night and wake up for work only to find i can only go 20 miles cause it didn't fully charge.

as far as a cheaper option than gas how about we just lower gas prices? o we can't because our esteemed president made a deal that lets the gas company's charge whatever they want for it. and at 100,000 dollars a car i would have to sell both gas powered vehichles i own plus one of my homes to afford it. how is that a cheaper sub to gas? i could buy a bicycle to ride to work but at 89 miles one way i would have to get up pretty friggin early in the morning.

then add in the price of having something worked on on one of these cars..it cant be cheap as theres not alot of mechanics familiar with a all electric type of car like this you would have to send it to a specialty shop. then add getting the part which probly comes from china or having to take a perout boat to bfe.

another reason i hate is it meens that gas will be really expensive soon and we are on the path to becoming a third world country..if you don't want to spend a ton of money on gas the gov gives you the option of spending a ton of money on an alternative.

now don't get me wrong the car itself is nice looking and the basic idea is great i just can't see paying that much money to save gas. my grandmother has the same basic idea called the scooter sitting in her bedroom cept it isn't as flashy and didn't cost nearly as much.

m i n o
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
also in this day and age of techno;ogy why isn't the government willing to share this techno;ogy. for instance about 10 yrs ago a friend bought a car from mercury which is kinda like a sister company to ford. the car got really good gas milage until the day he brought it in to their shop for a basic tune-up and after that not as good gas milage so he calls mercury and they tell him that they had put a experimental carburator on the vehichle by mistake and changed it to the normal carbrator that he was supposed to get. so we have had ways and meens to better our gas situation but just have not done so because money hungry people are "in charge" of things. just like the latest from president bush by 2015 he says all vehichles will get 35 miles to the gallon yet by that time gas will be 35 bucks a gallon.(slightly exxagerated the price but not by much).

there are things that can be done to better the situation but noone wants to take the initiative. sorry if this is becoming a anti bush thread as it wasnt ment to be.

EvilDylan
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
also in this day and age of techno;ogy why isn't the government willing to share this techno;ogy. for instance about 10 yrs ago a friend bought a car from mercury which is kinda like a sister company to ford. the car got really good gas milage until the day he brought it in to their shop for a basic tune-up and after that not as good gas milage so he calls mercury and they tell him that they had put a experimental carburator on the vehichle by mistake and changed it to the normal carbrator that he was supposed to get. so we have had ways and meens to better our gas situation but just have not done so because money hungry people are "in charge" of things. just like the latest from president bush by 2015 he says all vehichles will get 35 miles to the gallon yet by that time gas will be 35 bucks a gallon.(slightly exxagerated the price but not by much).

there are things that can be done to better the situation but noone wants to take the initiative. sorry if this is becoming a anti bush thread as it wasnt ment to be.

LOL @ this story! Please don't take urban legends and try to pass them off as something that happened to you or "your friend".

EvilDylan
05-05-2008, 06:17 PM
P.S. could you please find me a new vehicle from 1997 or 1998 that still used a carburetor?