PDA

View Full Version : ea and bad direction in video games

ricky williams
05-08-2008, 03:35 AM
http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/05/07/1523242.shtml

this is really upsetting to me because i pay for my games and am looking forward to playing spore and other new ea games. but i will never pay for a video game that i have to renew every 10 days and that i will have to play online if it is a single player. i love video games but this is line for me.

SarahAnn
05-08-2008, 08:00 AM
When Steam was first introduced it was required you be online to play. If you DL Warhawk or GT5 demo on ps3 you needa be online to play. Requiring the user to be online is not new to games, the renewal thing just sounds retarded though. Hopefully it wont be in spore or NHL09 as those are the only EA games I'm probably going to get.

Dolfan32323
05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
That is a load of crap.

CitizenSnips
05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't get it? Whats the big deal? So instead of having to pay every month you pay every 10 days? Is that it?

Miami 13
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
When Steam was first introduced it was required you be online to play. If you DL Warhawk or GT5 demo on ps3 you needa be online to play. Requiring the user to be online is not new to games, the renewal thing just sounds retarded though. Hopefully it wont be in spore or NHL09 as those are the only EA games I'm probably going to get.
Well Warhawk is an online multi-player game only....

Dolfan32323
05-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't get it? Whats the big deal? So instead of having to pay every month you pay every 10 days? Is that it?
No I think you have to connect to the internet in order to play. Kinda like the cdkey expires every 10 days or something?

FinsNCanes
05-09-2008, 01:46 AM
I feel like I've been hearing about Spore for years now. Is this game even coming out?

Phinz420
05-09-2008, 03:28 AM

Still, even with Steam's DRM that doesn't affect the fact that anygame released on steam can and will be cracked like normal. So, in the end all this type of DRM does is piss off their faithful customers.

SarahAnn
05-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Well Warhawk is an online multi-player game only....

Which in itself is a reason not to get the game but anyways I was just pointing out that requiring a internet connection to play a game has been done on both PC & Consoles.