PDA

View Full Version : Where the HELL is my stimulus money??

aquaattak
05-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Besides the dates that were released by Big Brother, does anyone have a clue how they are depositing the stimulus money? I'm supposed to get it this week but havent? I know someone that the last two digits of his social are 44 and he got his money on Tuesday and someone else i know got his money on Thursday but his last two digits are 21?? I dont get it...!

m i n o
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
did you file taxes for last yr? supposedly only those that filed last yr get it. are you self employed i.e a contractor? self employed contracters have to file a certain type to get it. did you and your spouse file jointly with the spouse being head of household? it would go by the head of households security digits? if yes to all those then you among many other people are being screwed by your gov. my friend welcome to america.

greatwade
05-08-2008, 10:47 AM
if you ***** harder it makes it come faster. I don't get a 'rebate' check. And I filed. How's that for getting 'screwed'?

Get haircuts and better jobs, you filthy hippies!

/just messin

m i n o
05-08-2008, 11:12 AM
if you ***** harder it makes it come faster. I don't get a 'rebate' check. And I filed. How's that for getting 'screwed'?

Get haircuts and better jobs, you filthy hippies!

/just messin
i got my haircut a few days ago actually but im still working on the filthyness. tell me about being screwed..i still havent gotten my 2 grand from fema for the storm but i guess in the longrun i am better off.

aquaattak
05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
filed jointly, not head of household.... Not a hippie either....:foundout:

greatwade
05-08-2008, 01:08 PM
filed jointly, not head of household.... Not a hippie either....:foundout:

wifey prolly made off with it. that's my professional opinion. And I'm a CPA

dolfan2334
05-08-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

This should help. I was asking the same question last week.

Cuban Dave 9
05-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Got this on an email...may help you on how to spend the money:

The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate. If we spend it at Walmart, the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, the money will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India. If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala. If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan… and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep the money here at home is to buy prostitutes, weed, beer and tattoos since these are the only products still produced in the USA. Thank you for your help and please support the US.

greatwade
05-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Got this on an email...may help you on how to spend the money:

The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate. If we spend it at Walmart, the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, the money will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India. If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala. If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan… and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep the money here at home is to buy prostitutes, weed, beer and tattoos since these are the only products still produced in the USA. Thank you for your help and please support the US.

now that's what I call a STIMULUS PACKAGE

#1 Fan
05-09-2008, 12:23 PM
i got only $300 direct deposited. wtf? where's my $600?

dolfan06
05-09-2008, 12:37 PM
mine gets mailed on the 16th, my wife has a list on here some where, i'll see if i can find it.

dolfan06
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Found it

if you have direct deposit;

00 - 20 May 2

21 - 77 May 9

76 - 99 May 16

mail checks

00 - 09 May 16

10 - 18 May 23

19 - 25 May30

26 - 38 Jun 6

39 - 51 Jun 13

52 - 63 Jun 20

64 - 75 Jun 27

76 - 87 Jul 4

88 - 99 Jul 11

greatwade
05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
i got only $300 direct deposited. wtf? where's my $600?

clearly yor not a golfer....

you must be

1. single
2. have little or no tax liability

Way to contribute buddy. Whatchu gonna do with your $300?

Jaydog57
05-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I was talking to the cashier at my local gas station and he says he looked online and he's not supposed to get his back until mid-July, so don't hold your breath. :(

dolfan06
05-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I was talking to the cashier at my local gas station and he says he looked online and he's not supposed to get his back until mid-July, so don't hold your breath. :(if his social security number ends in 88 - 99 it won't be mailed out until Jul 11th.

uga3406
06-06-2008, 06:28 PM
does any 1 on here know of any 1 who has gottn theres ...

m i n o
06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
does any 1 on here know of any 1 who has gottn theres ...
not being able to quick reply is getting very annoying guys...

anyway yes alot of people got theirs. did you get your letter yet? i got my check before my letter ha explaining that what was origanally stated as 600 a person/300 a child was hogwash and the letter stated how they determined who got what amounts. it was like them telling us we were each getting a new bike for christmas then when christmas cam they said "well here's the wheels and the seat but if you want the frame and handlebars you have to pay for it."

uga3406
06-07-2008, 10:09 AM
i got no letter yet...and yes it sound like hogwash the g'ment that is

m i n o
06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
i got no letter yet...and yes it sound like hogwash the g'ment that is
sorry to here that. that is crazy that you still haven't gotten your letter. and i was late in line for it and still got it weeks ago. you might not have been "entitled" to a refund..try getting ahold of them. if i find the letter with the info on how to reach them for that particular reason i will post for ya. or you may be able to look it up on-line faster.

uga3406
06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
sorry to here that. that is crazy that you still haven't gotten your letter. and i was late in line for it and still got it weeks ago. you might not have been "entitled" to a refund..try getting ahold of them. if i find the letter with the info on how to reach them for that particular reason i will post for ya. or you may be able to look it up on-line faster.

i know it said mine is not to be mailed to that is the check to 4th of july week does that help any...just curious...or should have i gotten a check atleats by now

texasPHINSfan
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
i know several people who have already gotten theirs back. The #1 thing i see people forget about when asking where their checks are is the difference between direct deposit and mailing of checks.

if you e-filed, you will get your rebate check much faster than if you filed by mail and received a traditional check from them. :up:

please do remember that when considering your wait time. :)