PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock movie on its way

CitizenSnips
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/08/bioshock-movie-in-development-gore-verbinski-directing/

Gore Verbinski (director of Pirates of the Carribbean 1-3) will be directing the videogame-turned film. What's odd about this is I remember him talking about his future after pirates and he said something like "I don't ever want to work with water again." And low and behold hes going to direct Bioshock...a movie about a sunken city at the bottom of the ocean.

It's rumored John Logan (writer of The Last Samurai and The Aviator) may write the screenplay. Recently he took Sweeney Todd from broadway and turned it into a screenplay, so he has experience in taking content and converting it to the big screen.

SarahAnn
05-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Why do I have the feeling this movie will have nothing to do with the game. Sorta like the Dungeon Siege movie.

CitizenSnips
05-10-2008, 09:08 AM
the same rules apply to a movie as they do to a sequel really. The movie doesnt have to be based off the game, it could be a prequel, which I think would be a way more interesting movie at least.

amir7
05-11-2008, 11:23 AM
loved the game, story was great.
should be a intresting movie